Start by marking “Dare to Bleed (Emily Sullivan, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dare to Bleed (Emily Sullivan, #1)

Read Excerpt

Dare to Bleed (Emily Sullivan #1)

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  251 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Emily is a normal girl with a nosey mother, a deadbeat father she has never met, and a vulgar outrageous best friend. Girls start dying around her apartment, and her love life is being turned upside down. On top of everything, two mysterious men have come into her life and informed her that she is the target of the killer. A vampire named Damon has stolen a book of spells ...more
Published May 21st 2012

To ask other readers questions about Dare to Bleed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dare to Bleed

Cheer Papworth
Feb 02, 2014 Cheer Papworth rated it really liked it
So this book is a little tricky for me to review because I'm kind of over the whole vampire, werewolf, witch, warlock, wizard thing, although it remains a popular theme for YA novels. In regards to Dare to Bleed's supernatural plot, I'd rate this book 3 stars, but I found the main character Emily to be a lot of fun and very believable. The dialogue is natural, witty and often just plain hilarious. I love a well developed, strong heroine, so I have to go with 4 stars in that regard. Lusting after ...more
Andrea Heltsley
Oct 17, 2012 Andrea Heltsley rated it really liked it
I got this book for free on Amazon and really wasn't sure what to expect. I love vampires and hoped this would be a great one. It turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

The Good: I enjoyed Emily's character. She went from normal to special overnight when she learns she's the object of a deranged vampire. She cares for her mother a lot and loves her best friend, Kimmie. She's sworn off guys, yet they haven't sworn off her. The story was engrossing and a quick read.

The Bad: Emily was a little fligh
Angela
Jun 11, 2012 Angela rated it it was ok
While the story itself was interesting, the bad grammar made it difficult to read. Story needs editing badly. The first person point of view was too confusing as Emily's thoughts were all over the place. It was nerve wracking trying to keep up with her.
Tiffany
May 29, 2012 Tiffany rated it really liked it
what a fun easy read!!!! the story was great! there were some grammatical errors, but not so bad it makes an impact on the reader. I can't wait to find out what happens with Em and Ezra! I really loved Ezra!
Emma
Jun 25, 2012 Emma rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Loved it, yes Emily was all over the place but wouldn't u be if u had all that stuff happening to you. Good read :)
First book I read on my iPad loved it so much I didn't put it down all morning.
Wendy
Nov 02, 2012 Wendy rated it it was amazing
I love the book I can't wait for book #2 <3
Anjie Kendall
Jul 08, 2014 Anjie Kendall rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal-ya
First, I really wished Emily had just been named Emma, since she introduced herself that way. Constantly. "My name is Emily, but everyone calls me Emma or Em." Second, she was supposed to be 23? She came off as at least 14, and that just ruined the book for me. Her thoughts were all over the place, and she was constantly thinking about how hot someone was. Her reactions to everything, being told someone was a vampire, wizard, etc, was totally unbelievable. I needed a freak out in there somewhere ...more
Kelli
This book was utterly ridiculous, and I am not sure why I finished it other than I kept expecting it to get better.

Emily did not make sense. Ever. Her reactions to the situations she was put in made zero sense. For starters, instead of being scared for her life like a normal person when being attacked, she got annoyed at her attackers and got mad at them for wasting her time. What? In what world is that the right reaction to someone trying to kill you? She also never seemed to take anything seri
Louise Cable
Jan 23, 2013 Louise Cable rated it it was amazing
I won this book in a facebook event giveaway, I started reading Monday evening and finished today (wed eve) and had to worked during the days.

I was completely drawn into the book and it held my attention from the first to the last page. Great easy read with romance, action, good, evil and bits in the middle :-)

I love supernatural fantasy and this certainly falls in that category, esp if you love vampires and witches...

I do agree with what other reviewer said about the lead character Emily being
Esther Diaz
Jun 01, 2012 Esther Diaz rated it liked it
I don't think this book is a bad read, is very much fresh but i have some cons and pros.

pros:

you laugh alot about the character.
some of the character are very fun and is a lot to be learnd.

cons:

the main character is all over the place she can choce if she like one charctaer of the other. i think the author didn't want it to be in love with any of the other just to find them attractive what i really got she act to much like a slut.
they make her a enemi from high school i think it would have work
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
This book drops you into the life of Emily, a 'normal' girl (whatever that is) without any agenda who all of a sudden is attracting males like bees to a flower. This would be fun except she's apparently sworn of men - although she does a horrific job of staying away from them.

On the positive side, this is a fun, quick book to read to a few twists and turns to keep you guessing.

On the negative, Emily is very flighty and doesn't seem to know her own mind. She is always arguing with the males in h
Sandra Hand
Nov 15, 2015 Sandra Hand rated it liked it
Pretty good

I enjoyed the book overall, but Emily got a little annoying. I am hoping she grows up some in the next book. I'll read it. But really, another vampire named Damon ? And I'm assuming there will be a love triangle with a vampire and a werewolf....
John Harris
Mar 18, 2016 John Harris rated it it was ok
Hopefully gets better.
Basic plot is good but one dimensional characters and dialogs befitting 12-13 years olds
Amanda Day
Oct 04, 2012 Amanda Day rated it liked it
I got into the story straight away. The main character was funny and there was plenty of action. In fact, the action never stopped! There were also (often slightly frustrating) hot men which is always a nice addition.

Yes there were some editing issues, and sometimes the main character could be unrealistically flippant about her circumstances, but overall there were some really great one liners that made me chuckle out loud, and the plot kept me reading.

It was a fun easy read, and I enjoyed it.
Trista Siegel
Apr 01, 2014 Trista Siegel rated it did not like it
The main character, Emma, is an adult but asks like a complete child. Most of the dialogue seemed bland and acted more as filler to make the story longer. The only thing it made me was bored and it took me too long to read it. I wanted to give up but I don’t like leaving books unfinished.

Read full review here: http://tristasiegel.blogspot.com/2014...
Amber Zones
Feb 17, 2013 Amber Zones rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was fun and action filled. I cant wait to read the rest of this series. I loved how loyal Emily was to her friends, and how she had an awesome smart aleck kick ass attitude.
Charlotte
Aug 02, 2012 Charlotte rated it liked it
Book was good. I agree with other reviews that Emily was a little "all over the place" and that the book had a few grammar miss steps, however the story was intertaining.
Mhari
Apr 12, 2013 Mhari rated it it was ok
It's not great, it's just ok, I felt a bit rushed but it was a freebie so I can't really complain... Much.. It only took a couple of hours to read, not a complete waste of time
Jacquelyn Smith
Oct 22, 2012 Jacquelyn Smith rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I liked the book, but the main character was all over the place. She was not really likable, I understand the desire to protect her friend and family, but her thinking not clear.
Florencia González doglio
Oct 05, 2012 Florencia González doglio rated it it was amazing
One of the most amazing books I've ever read. It's got acction, drama, comedy, sexy supernatural guys and written in a ver accesible way.
Gemma Mcvitie-birch
Sep 15, 2013 Gemma Mcvitie-birch rated it really liked it
this book was actually really good had action the hot guy did have a few typos but will be reading the next one
Julianne Hesketh
Jan 25, 2013 Julianne Hesketh rated it it was amazing
Plenty of action and funny too. Way too short mind!
Shammy
Jun 12, 2012 Shammy rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved
Not what I expected but worth the read.
Diana
Feb 11, 2013 Diana rated it it was amazing
i loved this book it was amazing
Wendy
Sep 24, 2012 Wendy rated it it was amazing
very funny read.
Laura Carson
Nook freebie
Cherish
Cherish marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Christa Geary
Christa Geary rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2016
Cally Hutto
Cally Hutto rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2016
Tori Valenzuela
Tori Valenzuela marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Shayla After Dark: * June Free Read 2 6 Jun 14, 2012 07:48PM
  • The Haret
  • American Blood: A Vampire's Story
  • Eternity
  • Icefire (Icefire Trilogy #0.5)
  • Blood Born
  • Dark Matter Heart (Cor Griffin Bloodsuckers, #1)
  • Haunting Grace (Beyond Time, #1)
  • Sunrise at Sunset
  • Chosen by Sin (Para-Ops, #3)
  • Tales of Aradia the Last Witch Volume 1
  • Wildly
  • Blood Song (Blood, #2)
  • For One Last Kiss (A Grim Reaper Romance, #0.5)
  • Marcella, vampire mage (Royal Blood Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Zombie Island (Zombie Apocalypse #1)
  • Cursed (Touched, #1)
  • Amy "Red" Riding's Hood
  • Here Be Monsters: An Anthology of Monster Tales

Emily Sullivan (3 books)
  • Love Nip (Emily Sullivan, #2)
  • Third Bites a Charm (Emily Sullivan, #3)

“I laughed at his honesty. I like people who say what they are thinking. No need to guess and try strain your nonexistent psychic abilities.” 1 likes
“I shut the door on him. Men! I find a good guy and now he's acting like a woman.
There is no such thing as "Mr. Perfect".
And I hate whoever came up with that phrase.”
1 likes