Start by marking “Raven's Children (Sequoyah, #2)” as Want to Read:
Raven's Children (Sequoyah, #2)

Raven's Children (Sequoyah #2)

4.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  196 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Moire Cameron, former NASA explorer and web pilot, now has a working ship, a loyal crew, an unexpected son, and a valuable Earthlike planet to protect from the clutches of Toren. Then Ennis, the only one to discover her secret, is captured by Toren--and Moire discovers crucial information that could help end the crab-human war. Moire must find a way to rescue Ennis and get ...more
Published July 3rd 2012 by World's Away Press

To ask other readers questions about Raven's Children, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raven's Children

Obsidian by Jennifer L. ArmentroutOpal by Jennifer L. ArmentroutOnyx by Jennifer L. ArmentroutOrigin by Jennifer L. ArmentroutThe Host by Stephenie Meyer
Best Alien Romance
193rd out of 340 books — 582 voters
The Last Hour of Gann by R. Lee SmithGrimspace by Ann AguirreStarshine by G.S. JennsenFortune's Pawn by Rachel BachFinders Keepers by Linnea Sinclair
Best Adult Sci Fi Romance & Sci fi with Romance
345th out of 469 books — 639 voters

More lists with this book...

SubterraneanCatalyst
I bought this book last night I think right off my finishing book #1 and I finished this today (reading on the beach- it is one of my top pleasures of life!).
Moira is in over her head but she's surrounded by golden loyalty. I am relieved that there wasn't any "you think everyone is loyal but NO hee hee there is this one character that hates your guts on your crew!" scenario going on.

Namur sends Ennis to Fuck-Up-Mothball station. Our poor Ennis and how my heart bleeds for him. He's tortu
Sunny
Sep 04, 2015 Sunny rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Thanks to fellow GR reviewers I was pre-warned to buy all three books at once so I could pick this up just seconds after I finished the first volume.

I enjoyed this second book even more than the first, in part because I got used to the author's quick pacing, and in part because the characters all began to be opened up so we could learn who they were beneath the action, and they themselves could grow as people.

It was a really satisfying read. Lots of plot threads making sense. Yes, there were s
Steve Poling
Aug 21, 2012 Steve Poling rated it it was amazing
Raven's Children (5 stars) is a rollicking yarn that takes up where The Long Way Home left off.

The protagonist, Moire Cameron is now a Captain in her own right with a loyal crew and the same pack of evil corporate types is out to get her.

The Long Way Home introduced a mystery of where and how Moire's son came to be. This mystery provides the axis about which this novel and it's title turns.

In Raven's Children Moire manages to make some more friends and some questionable allies as well.

When I rev
Janine Southard
3.5 stars.

This one's got some great moments. The POV from Wratursent possibly being my favorite.

The story's always moving.

But we've moved away from some of the fun space details. Also, the romance really annoys me on a personal level. Like, she's still pretty freshly grieving for her dead lover, but okay rebound. Only, not rebound because it's serious. At least I believe the male half of the pair is all about respect and admiration, which I don't get as much of from Moire.

Already bought the thir
mirba
Feb 19, 2016 mirba rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Sometimes I forget how much I like science fiction, It is usually more tiring to read than the ya pnr trash I stumble on the kindle, and it does take some attention to read it.

This book is a great epic saga and I loved it and all the rest of the serie. Great characters, great plot, great world building, careful and well planned storyline and it is also really well written. Oh did I mention that it is also a page turner that keeps you up in the middle of the night to go on and on reading it?
Bob Hussey
Ms. Chase really hit her stride with this one! Lots of plots and sub-plots nicely tied together, a good bit of suspense, only one "saw that coming a mile away". Can't wait to read the third.
Steven Allen
Jan 03, 2016 Steven Allen rated it really liked it
I have read the first two books in this series (this being book #2) and have enjoyed both books. I like the story about a family trying to survive (sorta like Firefly) in a world out to get them.I hope the last book is as good as the first two.
Douglas Cook
A bit of a space opera but I am hooked on the series. Bought the 3rd book as soon as I finished this one.
Dan
Sep 21, 2015 Dan rated it it was amazing
Just as good and rivetting as the first book. Wonderful!
Clyde
Sep 06, 2012 Clyde rated it it was amazing
This is a great series.
Opal
May 24, 2012 Opal rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
Mary B. Grove
Jun 06, 2016 Mary B. Grove rated it it was amazing
Just as good as the last one

Deeper emotional involvement, both between characters and between reader and characters, same fast moving, action-filled plot. That means this book is even more of an adrenaline rush, but also more touching. Another read straight through, off to the third and final story!
Carolyn
Jun 11, 2016 Carolyn rated it really liked it
this book is very entertaining I like that the Heroine isn't incredibly beautiful, she's described as average looking. I like that she's smart, selfless and very street savy. this book isn't erotica, but there is enough going on, it doesn't need to be. Great summer read.
William
Apr 28, 2016 William rated it liked it
First 1/3 and last 1/3 are pretty good. Middle 1/3 is overly complex with dialog that just doesn’t do anything. Pretty dull.

Nothing like as good as first book, but the ending was good.
Pancha
Aug 24, 2015 Pancha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi, fiction
Book two was just as enjoyable as book one. Moire is a great main character. I really enjoy reading about. Chase manages to make her emotionally complicated and interesting without making her annoying, cruel, or a jerk. It is really obvious why people choose to serve under her.
Teresa Carrigan
May 24, 2012 Teresa Carrigan rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Excellent SF adventure. (Space opera?) This is the sequel to The Long Way Home, and the middle book of a trilogy.
Dick
Sep 13, 2012 Dick rated it liked it
Not as good as the first book, but that's not unusual for the middle book of a trilogy
Tiina Maalismaa
Tiina Maalismaa marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Vivi Lak
Vivi Lak rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2016
Matty
Matty rated it really liked it
May 27, 2016
Hunterd
Hunterd rated it it was ok
May 21, 2016
Lynda
Lynda added it
May 21, 2016
Brian Rubin
Brian Rubin rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2016
Daemondym
Daemondym rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2016
Tara Jacobs
Tara Jacobs rated it liked it
May 03, 2016
Joanne
Joanne rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2016
Mark Lewis
Mark Lewis rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Shanon R Lawton
Shanon R Lawton rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Jim
Jim rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2016
  • The Marann
  • Inception (The Catherine Kimbridge Chronicles, #1)
  • Strength and Honor (Tour of the Merrimack, #4)
  • Morgan's Choice (Morgan Selwood, #1)
  • Hearts of Ishira
  • Priestess of the Eggstone
  • Stellarnet Rebel (Stellarnet, #1)
  • Captive Surrender
  • Ghost in the Machine (Corwint Central Agent Files Book 1)
  • Queen & Commander (Hive Queen Saga #1)
  • A Handful Of Stars (Star Svensdotter, # 2)
  • Lionheart (StarQuest, #1)
  • Enemy Games (Enemy, #2)
  • Mars Evacuees (Mars Evacuees #1)
  • Uncommon Purpose (The Hope Island Chronicles Book 1)
  • Vitalis Omnibus
  • Heaven's Queen
  • The Dragon Variation (Liaden Universe, #5-6,8)

Sequoyah (3 books)
  • The Long Way Home (Sequoyah, #1)
  • Queen of Chaos (Sequoyah, #3)