Start by marking “Maggie Get Your Gun (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker, #2)” as Want to Read:
Maggie Get Your Gun (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker, #2)

Maggie Get Your Gun (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker #2)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  760 ratings  ·  40 reviews
Now that Maggie saved the world, life is returning to normal at MacKay & MacKay Magical Tracking. That is until a stranger shows up looking for some ancient jewelry to die for. In fact, lots of folks are dying for it.

Maggie, Killian, and your favorite cast of characters are back for a rootin’ tootin’ urban fantasy adventure through the wilds of the Old West.

The bad g
Paperback, First Edition, 264 pages
Published May 14th 2012 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Maggie Get Your Gun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maggie Get Your Gun

Marianne
Another lighthearted romp. I've coined these books "FIF." (Fluff is Fun) However, I thought the first one was funnier. It had more Killian and Maggie banter, I guess. This book had way more action, though, and introduced a couple of interesting new characters: Like Mr. Smith, the devious landlord, a djinni I would love to meet again, as well as some hybrids that make me suspect Kate Danley's been inspired by the Vampire Diaries... No worries, I quite like Klaus;-P Plus, we got a closer look at M ...more
Jean
This second book in the series is a little more than half the length of the first book (despite what the page counts on Goodreads and Amazon say), but there was still a lot of action packed into the short book. I think I liked the first book a smidgen more since Maggie's mother really got on my nerves in this one. I think she's supposed to be a carefree spirit, but she comes across as a selfish, flighty, condescending nag. (Yeah, she's not my favorite.) Fortunately, she's not a main character.

Fo
Leiahc
Sep 23, 2013 Leiahc rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: urban fantasy, paranormal, alternate reality
Recommended to Leiahc by: Goodreads
First, if you are looking for "serious" UF, before you pick up either of these volumes, let me warn you. Ilona Andrews or Mark Henwick, this is not. What this series is, though, is lighthearted fun with an interesting twist that keeps you reading. Sometimes, that is all you really need from a book, and Kate Danley delivers in spades.

One of the best things about this book is why Danley wrote it. Proceeds from the write-a-thon where this book was mostly written benefited the Young Writers Program,
Tricia J.
I really enjoyed the second book, even more than the first. I like the direction the main character is headed. One of the things that I enjoyed the most about this story is that the author peppers just enough in about "magical" creatures and the environment that one is still using their own imagination to help create the world. I also enjoyed the setting of the Ghost Town. I think that the author does a nice job of moving the story along without ever getting too bogged down in one area. This boo ...more
Amy
After thoroughly enjoying the first Maggie book, I was ready for the sophomore effort (in the Maggie series) from K Danley. Maggie is such a great snarky, tough, real antihero that you can't help but want to scoop up a couple silver stakes and join her. Once again, Danley leaves the squishy "gotta find love in the middle of the caper" to the YA writers. Maggie and Killian may have a spark, but it's used to propel the action and humor. The storyline has a bit of everything for the scifi adventure ...more
Meigan
Much more action than the last book, and lucky for me - more simple(ton) humor :)

All my favorites were still around, and there were some new critters to be found; ghosts, werewolves, and genies. Not to mention, werepires and vampwolves, but I can't say much about those. Killian was just as dorky as he was in the last book, maybe even a trifle more. He's an idiot, which is why I love him so much. His idiocy is easily explained - being an elf, he's quite naive when it comes to human behavior. Don'
Thenia
Maggie has to save the world once again with the help of her recently returned father and her elf friend Killian.

A light, action packed urban fantasy with an irreverent, thoroughly enjoyable sense of humor! I look forward to the next book in the series, Maggie on the Bounty.
Marsha
(3.5 Stars)
"Maggie Get Your Gun" is another good read with our favorite snarky Hermione, Maggie MacKay. Maggie gets a visit from a Mr. Smith, a former client of her father. He wants Maggie to go to Calico Ghost Town right out of Las Vegas to retrieve a hair comb he purchase as a gift for his wife.

Maggie smells something fishy but takes the job because of the money. She enlists the help of her sidekick, Killian. When they arrive at Calico, Maggie realizes the comb possesses serious magical mojo a
*Rachael*
More fun and games with Maggie and the gang! A fun quick read!
So, I Read This Book Today

Andy
I think book two was better than the first in the series. I giggled in juvenile glee at Maggie's smartass remarks from start to finish. The non-stop action was also particularly satisfying, as was the low level flirtation between Killian and Maggie. As soon as I finished this book, I knew I had to read books 3 & 4 right away.
Nancy L Bailey
Not just another urban writer

I was more than pleasantly surprised by Kate Danley's character, Maggie McKay. She is just as sassy and irreverent as Anita Blake. I enjoyed the time I had with Danley,s fist two books.
MissM
Cute, light book. My epub version was riddled with formatting errors which detracted from the experience of reading. Nothing amazing but enjoyable enough as a quick read. Amusing sense of humor without being too over the top.
Kat
Fantastic action

Kate Danley did an excellent job with the desrcriptions of all the action. And her writing smile are fantastic. I hope someday to get close to her level of writing.
Beth Brooks
Maggie's still bringing the fun -- and the sarcasm -- in his second installment, but I didn't laugh out loud this time. The book was enjoyable, but felt more like a setup for the future. It was also shorter.
Alex Hughes
Lighthearted fun in the urban fantasy realm. The characters aren't too deep, but the villains are fun, the world has some light and delightful moments, and the voice is amusing. Great beach read type material.
rebecca
Amazing

I think I have a girl crush on Maggie MacKay! This is the type of leading lady I can get on board with, she's flawed and likeable and a badass! what's not to love?
Paula
This series was a surprise they went down like a nice cup of coffee..
Action packed, good world building and now having finished the series I will await the next one out.
Cassandra Hecate
Another great read.

Kick pass Maggie does it with style and sarcasm. What more could you want from her? maybe a little quality time with Jillian.
Miriam
Amazon says I read this the 7th of April. It's the 22nd now and I have no memory of it. I don't even remember it after reading the excerpt.
Nothing.
Ladiibbug
Jan 27, 2015 Ladiibbug marked it as to-read
#2 Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker

1/27 req. library to purchase *crossing fingers*

#1 Maggie for Hire was a rare 5 star read for me in late 2014
Ana
patricia morley
What a delightful read, look forward to more

Kate Danley has a way with making Maggie such a great deal larger than life. Then to bring the whole family into the series is getting better and better. I look forward to seeing the next book in this series.
Linda
A STIMULATING AND QUIT FUNNY STORY!!

Maggie McKay is a tracker and her dad's partner. She arrived at their tiny office to find her dad had spirited her mom away for the weekend leaving the office all to herself, she spent the day with paperwork and was just about to leave when a small squat man entered the door and made her an offer she couldn't refuse with a fat envelope stuffed with bills. Now, she wasn't stupid and fought her share of vampires and demons but her senses were screaming not to ta
Cari
I enjoyed this book as much as I did the first with perhaps one small exception, there was a lot less of the elf in this one. Maggie plays very well off of Killian, and without him loses a little... something.

This book, like the first, puts me in mind of a favorite TV show, flowing dialog, fast plot line, and a focus that is more on the characters and their relationships than the story. It is a little outrageous, and a lot of fun.

However, if you have an sensitivity to profanity than this book
Gail Koger
A great read and I love the series so much, I bought them all.
Meghan
so cute. so dorky. adorably integrated cussing.
Katherine
I really love this whole series. The author has a way of making you really want to know more about the characters. I love them all - even the bad guys are interesting. and FINALLY a whole series that doesn't seem to need graphic and gratuitous sex every other page. It's refreshing.
Stephanie Carr
Can't wait to read the next book.
Pernille Olsen
This series is really fun and a light read
  • The Zero Dog War (Zero Dog Missions, #1)
  • All Hell Breaks Loose (Hellcat, #2)
  • Satan's Sword (Imp, #2)
  • Blind Salvage (Rylee Adamson, #5)
  • Pretty When She Destroys (Pretty When She Dies, #3)
  • Under Attack (Underworld Detection Agency, #2)
  • Jinn and Juice (The Jinni, #1)
  • Chaos Born (Chronicles from the Applecross #1)
  • Verity Hart vs. the Vampyres Omnibus
  • Blonde & Blue (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #4)
  • License to Ensorcell (Nola O'Grady, #1)
  • Cursed by Fire (Blood & Magic, #1)
  • Bloodrage (Blood Destiny, #3)
  • Realm Walker (Realm Walker, #1)
Kate Danley is twenty year veteran of stage and screen with a B.S. in theatre from Towson University. She was one of four students to be named a Maryland Distinguished Scholar in the Arts in the annual competition.

Her debut novel, The Woodcutter, was honored with the Garcia Award for the Best Fiction Book of the Year, is the 1st Place Fantasy Book in the Reader Views Literary Awards, and the winne
More about Kate Danley...

Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker (5 books)
  • Maggie for Hire (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker, #1)
  • Maggie on the Bounty (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker, #3)
  • M&K Tracking (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker, #4)
  • The M-Team (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker #5)
The Woodcutter Maggie for Hire (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker, #1) M&K Tracking (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker, #4) Maggie on the Bounty (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker, #3) Queen Mab: A Tale Entwined with William Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet

“Um... isn’t the opportunity to hang out in my presence payment enough?” From the look on his face, I gathered the answer was a negative-on-that-one.” 0 likes