Start by marking “Feathers and Filth (Midnight Matings, #16)” as Want to Read:
Feathers and Filth (Midnight Matings, #16)
Preview

Feathers and Filth (Midnight Matings #16)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  598 ratings  ·  20 reviews
[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, shape-shifters, public exhibition, HEA]

What happens at the UPAC conference if the guests don’t drink the bespelled toast? The elders thought up a backup plan… They can’t leave without a mating seal.

Fabian Norris snuck away from his overbearing aunt to have a little fun and meet some new people. When he see
Published May 26th 2012 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Feathers and Filth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feathers and Filth

Serena Yates
What made this volume fun to read for me was yet another unusual pairing that came out of the elders' idiotic idea to force all paranormals to mate outside their species. In this case it actually works against them since one of them is endangered and needs to mate inside their species so they can repopulate (or so the elders have decreed). But, I'm jumping ahead. So, we have a bird of paradise and an ogre here, and as if that difference isn't significant enough, they also each carry a dark secre ...more
blub
I was a bit disappointed with this book for a couple of reasons:

1) Fabian backhanded Magnus when Magnus was confronting Jean. It was an accident in the heat of the moment that the author kind of downplayed by having Magnus forgive Fabian immediately after it happened even though Magnus was scared for his life. Okay, some people will probably go on the offensive about this being one reaction that can occur in reality but for me it just felt like Joyee Flynn was telling the abused to forgive their
Christy Loves 2 Read
Oh my god how could you not love Fabian. Big, gentle, bumbling, klutz with a ton of issues that he just unloads on Magnus right off the bat. He's adorable and made me think of Shrek. Yes, I went there.......sue me!

Oh, these two are so cute and have such a crazy intertwined history that they are completely ignorant of when they mate. They are wonderful together and so sweet when they work out their difficulties.

A very sweet and fun story.
Chela

I liked the characters in this book. I like how they were portrayed, especially during those times of insecurity and indecision. Normally I don't tolerate abuse of any kind in books, but I felt for both characters and I can understand where they were coming from in the heat of the moment. While it was still wrong of Fabian to hit Magnus, that doesn't take away from the fact that Magnus stormed into Fabian's aunt's house in a rage. Magnus put his hands on Aunt Jean. No matter that he jus
Meggie
Actually I have to admit to liking this created story. But I guess a lot would depend on main characters, which I actually liked. The storyline was fresh and romantic, at least as much we can get from this kind of series. Fabian and Magnus were an interesting couple.
In general this story is easy and warm, which I enjoyed today.
Ana
Veronica /  V
This is one of those stories that you are going to love it, hate it.
I think this was just lovely and I like the 2 characters.Both were adorable.
Don't expect fireworks and you are going to be ok with it.
Michi Rosa
It would be perfect if it had m-preg.
CrazyMoo
3.5

Thank you to the author for this book.

CB
Such a fun series! There are currently 20 books in the series, each book is written by either Joyee Flynn, Gabrielle Evans or Stormy Glenn. They could keep writing more as long as they continue creating interesting characters who shift into all kinds of wonderful and different animals/mythical beings and coming up with unique stories full of romance, crazy drama, angst and let's not forget the very hot sex!

You don't have to read them in order, very rarely are other characters mentioned, but each
Candice
Awww...I really liked Shrek, I mean Fabian. He was so gentle and sweet, different than what his size would say. Then there's Magnus. He was interesting. What I want to know is who calls someone who breaks into their house a "goof"? No, put the asshole in his place.
Rachel
This is yet another fun instalment to the Midnight Matings series and also another unlikely pairing, with the mating of a superb bird of paradise named Magnus Duffy and an ogre named Fabian Norris.

I thoroughly enjoin this book maybe a little more then others in this series.

I only had two problems with this book: 1- the usual grammatical and spelling errors I have come to expect from Siren Publishing ink, and 2- Did anyone else notice that the bird on the front cover is not a superb bird of para
Tamela
Magnus was carrying a wicked heavy burden, so when he found out that his new mate, Fabian, had lied about not being an ogre, he was pretty upset. But I was not expecting the reason for that.

I love that Magnus is a dance instructor, and that his way of claiming his mate is to dance for him.

Got a little weird with the UPAC stepping in and trying to split them up but that all got cleared up pretty quickly. Luckily it was before Fabian had a complete meltdown.

Really like these two mates and glad thi
Tina
Written in 1st person which in never really a good start to a romance for me. I still can't figure out why this author changed her writing style. It's very disappointing.

No character building, no real drama, no real passion and very predictable.
Enny
The backstory of those two guys had lots of potential so I decided to give one of Joyee Flynn-S stories another try but I shouldn't have bothered. All the potential drama is smoothed over so quickly that it became a very boring read.
Melanie
I don't like it when someone lies about themselves. It makes me feel sick cos I know they're gonna get found out. I'm glad it happened early on in this so I wasn't nauseous for a long time.
Clover
for once, this wasn't as bad as her other books.
Jennifer Regnier
Jennifer Regnier marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Chanty
Chanty marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Sammyd
Sammyd marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
  • Howl And Harmony (Midnight Matings, #11)
  • White Paws And A Dream (Midnight Matings, #8)
  • A Cold Winter's Day (Brac Pack, #25)
  • A Plain, Ordinary Cowboy (Uncommon Cowboys #5)
  • The Lynx Who Claimed the Sun (Mate or Meal, #4)
  • Best Laid Plans (Assassin/Shifter, #5)

Midnight Matings (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Squeak And A Roar (Midnight Matings, #1)
  • Scales And A Tail (Midnight Matings, #2)
  • Fire And Ash (Midnight Matings, #3)
  • Two Fangs And A Hoof (Midnight Matings, #4)
  • Myth And Mischief (Midnight Matings, #5)
  • Fang And Fur (Midnight Matings, #6)
  • Fantasy, Legend, And The Guardian (Midnight Matings, #7)
  • White Paws And A Dream (Midnight Matings, #8)
  • Spells And Bananas (Midnight Matings, #9)
  • Sparkle And Purr (Midnight Matings, #10)
Squeak And A Roar (Midnight Matings, #1) Micah (Marius Brothers, #1) Tristan (Resistant Omegas, #1) Spells And Bananas (Midnight Matings, #9) Fur And Flightless  (Midnight Matings, #12)