Start by marking “Dungeons & Dragons, Volume 3: Down” as Want to Read:
Dungeons & Dragons, Volume 3: Down

Dungeons & Dragons, Volume 3: Down

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  126 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
More high-stakes adventure from "Dungeons & Dragons"! The new story arc kicks off as Fell's Five has returned home, only to find shattering news for Khal. And now that he's made up his mind, nothing will stand in his way!
Published May 8th 2012 by IDW

To ask other readers questions about Dungeons & Dragons, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dungeons & Dragons, Volume 3

Sean Gibson
Dec 07, 2015 Sean Gibson rated it liked it
This is the Kraft Macaroni & Cheese of graphic novels: it’s comforting, familiar, quick and easy, and reliably enjoyable. It’s also something you’ve had many times before and will again, and it’s probably more brightly colored than it should reasonably be. Like, possibly radioactive.

(Note: I actually love Kraft Mac & Cheese more than all but approximately seven things in my life, most of which are things I’ve been born to, willingly consented to mate for life with, or co-created using g
Frans Karlsson
Oct 12, 2015 Frans Karlsson rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-dd
The last book of the series which is very sad. The heroes goes to the dwarfs in search of a girlfriend and has to face a great evil. Fun and smart story. The series could have been longer with many open endings yet to address but it was still a enjoyable ending.
Jeff Raymond
Probably my favorite of the three trades, and while I'm sad to see it go, I'm glad it was able to go out on what appears to be a high note. Lots of Dwarvey fun, a ridiculous Beholder...couldn't really ask for much else.
Keith Irwin
Jan 12, 2016 Keith Irwin rated it liked it
This was another funny and fast moving adventure set in the world of Dungeons and Dragons. This one showed some nice back story for one of the characters and had the same level of fun wise-cracking by the characters which I enjoyed from the previous two volumes. The plot, however, was not quite as good, in total. It was sometimes harder to follow what was going on and why. And in the end, the plot resolution seemed to rely more on blind luck than the previous two. When your heroes mix cleverness ...more
Skut L
If all DnD tie-in novels had been written with this same loving attention to what makes the various settings so sublime,while they certainly wouldn't be considered high literature they'd at least be considered valuable ways to spend one's time.

This one in particular is my favorite because everything revolves around the fearless dwarven paladin of the group, Khal Kalundurrin of Moradin. One of my favorite aspects of Rogers' story has been that Khal is slightly out of the ordinary for a dwarf:He's
James Bowman
Aug 28, 2015 James Bowman rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, comics, dnd
(This review covers Vol. 2 and Vol. 3.)

Two more great volumes in a fun series. The highlight is their plan to steal the Guide of Gates in Vol. 2, but the rest is good too. It's such a pity the comic was so short-lived, I would have liked to see more with these characters... (A-)
Benjamin
Still a lot of fun. Rogers gets a good deal of mileage--and interest--by playing with what we know about heroes and archetypes. So this volume focuses around a stubborn dwarf seeking something underground; except what he's seeking isn't gold, but his lost love.
Jdetrick
May 10, 2014 Jdetrick rated it really liked it
These continue to impress. The art still isn't quite as good as the first volume, but it's not bad and the story easily covers any of its flaws. These have some of the best dialogue I've read in comics in a long time.
Richard Harrison
Sep 02, 2015 Richard Harrison rated it it was amazing
Excellent character work in these comics, made me want to play D&D again
Mark
Dec 08, 2015 Mark rated it liked it
Also confusing. Not great storytelling, in my opinion.
David(LA,CA)
Sep 01, 2012 David(LA,CA) rated it really liked it
Shelves: gaming
Back to good form after the previous collection. The adventure this time focuses on the background of the dwarven paladin/poet, but it doesn't make use of flashbacks which were a draw back last time. So we get a nice blending of action and humor without a long dead zone in the middle. It does end before wrapping up at least one plot thread, but most likely that plot thread will just reset to what was happening before this story took place.
Oliver Morris
Jun 29, 2012 Oliver Morris rated it really liked it
Pretty entertaining stuff, both from a D&D nerd perspective as well as that of a comics fan. The writing is witty and actually made me chuckle out loud, which is a rare feat. The story is unique, with some good plot-twists. Basically a good standalone that doesn't rely on cross marketing to sell. Well done.
Shannon Appelcline
Mar 30, 2013 Shannon Appelcline rated it really liked it
This volume starts off a little flat, but Rogers gets some of his mojo back as the story goes on, with its bits of (solid) humor and its occasional feel of being a group of bickering PCs. The journey down into the Underdark is also quite nice.
Loki
May 02, 2015 Loki rated it really liked it
Good silly fun from the brains behind TV's "Leverage" - just the way D&D oughta be.
Lee
Sep 30, 2012 Lee rated it really liked it
Not as fun as the first two, but it still has many good lines to it.
Jim Biley
Jim Biley marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Julius
Julius rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2016
Adam Carter
Adam Carter rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2016
J.
J. rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Brian
Brian rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Benjamin Peters
Benjamin Peters rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2016
Morten
Morten added it
Apr 01, 2016
Adam Klatka
Adam Klatka marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Thomas
Thomas added it
Mar 14, 2016
Riley
Riley marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
ChewHung Lee
ChewHung Lee rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Håkon Marthinsen
Håkon Marthinsen marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
John Rogers is a screenwriter, comedian, film producer, and comic book writer. Although born in Worcester, Massachusetts, he attended McGill University in Montreal and is better known publicly as a Canadian writer.
More about John Rogers...