Dungeons & Dragons, Volume 3: Down

Dungeons & Dragons, Volume 3: Down

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  8 reviews
More high-stakes adventure from Dungeons & Dragons! The new story arc kicks off as Fell's Five has returned home, only to find shattering news for Khal. And now that he''s made up his mind, nothing will stand in his way!
Published May 8th 2012 by IDW

To ask other readers questions about Dungeons & Dragons, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dungeons & Dragons, Volume 3

Jeff Raymond
Probably my favorite of the three trades, and while I'm sad to see it go, I'm glad it was able to go out on what appears to be a high note. Lots of Dwarvey fun, a ridiculous Beholder...couldn't really ask for much else.
Skut L
If all DnD tie-in novels had been written with this same loving attention to what makes the various settings so sublime,while they certainly wouldn't be considered high literature they'd at least be considered valuable ways to spend one's time.

This one in particular is my favorite because everything revolves around the fearless dwarven paladin of the group, Khal Kalundurrin of Moradin. One of my favorite aspects of Rogers' story has been that Khal is slightly out of the ordinary for a dwarf:He's...more
Jdetrick
These continue to impress. The art still isn't quite as good as the first volume, but it's not bad and the story easily covers any of its flaws. These have some of the best dialogue I've read in comics in a long time.
Loki Carbis
Good silly fun from the brains behind TV's "Leverage" - just the way D&D oughta be.
David(LA,CA)
Back to good form after the previous collection. The adventure this time focuses on the background of the dwarven paladin/poet, but it doesn't make use of flashbacks which were a draw back last time. So we get a nice blending of action and humor without a long dead zone in the middle. It does end before wrapping up at least one plot thread, but most likely that plot thread will just reset to what was happening before this story took place.
Oliver Morris
Pretty entertaining stuff, both from a D&D nerd perspective as well as that of a comics fan. The writing is witty and actually made me chuckle out loud, which is a rare feat. The story is unique, with some good plot-twists. Basically a good standalone that doesn't rely on cross marketing to sell. Well done.
Shannon Appelcline
This volume starts off a little flat, but Rogers gets some of his mojo back as the story goes on, with its bits of (solid) humor and its occasional feel of being a group of bickering PCs. The journey down into the Underdark is also quite nice.
Lee
Not as fun as the first two, but it still has many good lines to it.
James Gil
James Gil marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
David
David added it
Jun 02, 2014
Arnie Shunneson
Arnie Shunneson marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
John Rogers is a screenwriter, comedian, film producer, and comic book writer. Although born in Worcester, Massachusetts, he attended McGill University in Montreal and is better known publicly as a Canadian writer.
More about John Rogers...
Blue Beetle, Vol. 3: Reach for the Stars Blue Beetle, Vol. 4: End Game Dungeons & Dragons, Volume 1: Shadowplague Dungeons & Dragons: Fell's Five Dungeons & Dragons Volume 2 - First Encounters