Start by marking “Top Mark” as Want to Read:
Top Mark

Top Mark

Meet 'the Marks'.

It was strange at first for Mark, dating a guy with the same first name as him. But 'the Marks' developed nicknames for each other. Mark became ‘Top Mark’, a sly nod to his role in the bedroom.

But after seven years together, Mark hasn’t had much opportunity to be on top lately. There have been a lot of conversations avoided, unexplained absences, and some
Published May 22nd 2012 by 20Ten Books (first published May 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Top Mark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Top Mark

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
This review can be found at The Armchair Reader. Spoilers ahead!

This was an intriguing short story. It contains all those elements that I refuse to read. Open relationship, cheating, bittersweet ending? Check, check, check! Honestly, I was shocked I liked this one and in a way, I still don’t, but I think that’s just my natural rejection of those plot elements. I can’t deny, however, that once I started I had to figure out how it all happened.

This book holds a lot of punch for a short st
Brandon Witt
Sep 09, 2012 Brandon Witt rated it it was amazing
I've giving Top Mark five stars for how well written the story was. It made you feel, made you question, made your heart pound in what it knew was inevitable dread. The entire thing is told from the perspective of the inner workings/thoughts of the protagonist. I have to say this--I'm so sick of readers on Goodreads and other sites giving low rating to novels/short stories because they were sad or the reader didn't like how the story ended, or because it made them hurt, or--god forbid--it's not ...more
Susan65
Sep 07, 2012 Susan65 rated it liked it
Thats just too sad. I wish i never read it.
Tad
It was free so I read... I wanted to give 2.5 stars and it was an interesting topic which about a gay couple their first names were Mark and Mark, at least I don't know any of gay couples have the same first name like that... I liked it from the beginning, but getting weird and weird into the story, how a mother wouldn't even recognize his own son? it just didn't make any sense to me, and I felt like I was watching off-off-Broadway monologues show, especially the ending...
Cryselle
Jul 25, 2012 Cryselle rated it really liked it
Mark and Mark are an established couple with habits, quirks, and ways well known to each other, and that may be half the problem. They’ve been together seven years, and in spite of being able to give each other some space they may still have more togetherness than one of them wants.

Top Mark, our narrator, calls his lover Marx, partly as a joke, partly to differentiate them, something that doesn’t always work. The name conjured up a quote, which grew more and more ironic as the story progressed.
Camilla
Jun 14, 2012 Camilla rated it it was ok
Shelves: free-kindle

The first thing we read in the blurb for this book is: ”Meet ‘the Marks’

Which is kinda a lie, because we only really meet one of the Marks. The one called “Top Mark” or as I would call him: “kind-of-freaky-wannabe-stalker-twin Mark.”.

This short story, is basically a monologue from a guy, who’s in a relationship with a younger guy, where he’s thinking through some scenes from their time together, I guess.. Or.. Well. He’s thinking about times where he’s done all he can to freak out his boyfrien
Elisa Rolle
Without doubt Top Mark is a story with a twist, so unexpected that it turned almost in a thriller from the sweet romance the author was lulling us at first.

The story of stylish Mark who meets new-hippy Mark, 6 years of difference and a whole world of experience between them, they become the Marks, Top Mark and Marx; but Marx is like a bloodsucker, eating Top Mark’s life. Does he realize it? I don’t think so, the old Marx seems really smitten by Top Mark, I liked him. Not so much now, reliving th
Portia
Jul 22, 2012 Portia rated it really liked it
I can't say why I like this. It really isn't a story. More of a running monologue inside this guy's head. But, something about his journey spoke to me. If our country ever progresses to the place where GLBT lit is included in Freshman Comp...I expect to see Top Mark included. It has a lot of layers and if I were so inclined, I could probably write an essay about it, with a longer word count. For me it was a brilliant piece of writing that made me feel.
James Wilson
Jul 30, 2013 James Wilson rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt
I like this book, however, it came to a rather abrupt ending, I hopeing that there might be a follow up to this one, to tell the other side of the story.
Madison Parker
Sep 30, 2012 Madison Parker rated it liked it
Shelves: short-story
Well written and engaging, but lacked resolution.
william blayney
william blayney rated it it was ok
Aug 27, 2014
P
P rated it did not like it
Apr 07, 2014
Robin Covington
Robin Covington rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2014
Averin
Averin rated it liked it
May 26, 2012
Brandon Witt
Brandon Witt rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2014
Andrew
Andrew rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2016
Anne Hagan
Anne Hagan rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Phillip Porter
Phillip Porter rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2014
Danni
Danni rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it did not like it
Jul 11, 2012
Erin
Erin rated it did not like it
Jul 13, 2012
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
Jul 10, 2012 Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!) rated it did not like it
Shelves: m-m
SERIOUSLY!
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Mar 03, 2016
Dallas Angguish
Dallas Angguish rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Phillip Porter
Phillip Porter rated it it was ok
Sep 08, 2014
Elishia
May 06, 2015 Elishia rated it liked it
Shelves: 1-m-m-read, 2012
2.5
Brett
Brett rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2015
Addicted2M/M
Addicted2M/M rated it liked it
Moo
Moo marked it as to-read
May 24, 2012
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Ambyr
Ambyr added it
Jason Bradley
Jason Bradley marked it as to-read
Bookbee
Bookbee marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Tj
Tj added it
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
May 26, 2012
Sam
Sam added it
May 27, 2012
Zendel
Zendel marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Kiki
Kiki added it
Jun 12, 2012
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2012
Lillian Francis
Lillian Francis marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Cole Riann
Cole Riann marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2012
Dave1962uk
Dave1962uk marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2012
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2012
Sylvia
Sylvia marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2012
Helle
Helle marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2012
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2013
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Tad
Tad marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014