Start by marking “Bad Moon Rising (Lorraine Hunt, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bad Moon Rising (Lorraine Hunt, #2)

Bad Moon Rising (Lorraine Hunt/Seahills #2)

A young woman walks home by herself, the tapping of her high heels the only sound. At two o' clock in the morning, it's cold, the streets are deserted and she thinks she's all alone. Waiting for her, sleeping soundly in his bed, is her baby son. When he wakes the next morning his mother still isn't back. She's never coming back. Because the streets weren't as deserted as s ...more
Published January 19th 2006 by Arrow (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Bad Moon Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Moon Rising

Best Crime Books & More
Sheila Quigley is still a relatively new author to me and I only recently finished her first book in the series featuring Detective Inspector Lorraine Hunt. In the first book we meet Lorraine as well as some of her colleagues she works with such as Carter, Luke and Sara. We also see featured some of the Lumsdon family who were in the first book.

The one thing I liked about reading book two is that I already have a feel for the area and the characters and how they interact with each other. I know
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
A young woman walks home by herself,the tapping of her high heels the only sound. At two o'clock in the morning its cold, the streets are deserted, and she thinks she's all alone. Waiting for her, sleeping soundly in her bed, is her baby son. When he wakes the next morning, his mother still isn't back. She's never coming back, because the streets weren't as deserted as she thought.
Three women are dead and DI Lorraine Hunt is searching for a serial killer. In Houghton-le-Spring it's Feast Week, A
The Cats Mother
This is my first from this author, but the 2nd of the Lorraine Hunt series, and I will be looking out for the others. Rather like Minette Walters or Val McDermid, but not as dark or bleak. Set in a small town near Newscastle in Northern England, this features Detective Inspector Lorraine Hunt, a young and beautiful (of course) but tough and cynical policewoman investigating a series of stranglings at the time of the annual autumn festival.
While it's a standard english police procedural, with all
Darren Sant
Jun 30, 2011 Darren Sant rated it it was amazing
In the second Seahills novel we see DI Lorraine Hunt and her team pushed to the limit with a serial killer on the loose. Due to the imminent Houghton feast resources are already at breaking point. Lorraine soon finds there is another serious crime to deal with coupled with some worrying family news. Could this all be too much for Lorraine?

In this novel Quigley further develops not only her Seahills setting but also the characters. We see a return of some of the Lumsden's and their upbeat friend
Kim
Feb 29, 2012 Kim rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, 2012
just an average murder with a female detective in a sexually charged relationship with an underling
was fine - and what i needed after slogging through the awful Catcher
easy to read, vaguely gripping, nothing earth shattering
Cora ☕ Tea Party Princess
In her second book, Quigley took the sinister themes in her writing to a new level.

I think it may have been my own feelings at the time encroaching on my judgement of the book, but I didn't enjoy it as much.
Amy
Aug 24, 2012 Amy rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading this, but thought Run For Home (previous book in the series) was a much better story. The characters are complex and well described, and I like how Sheila Quigley writes in the local dialect. This just wasn't quite as good as I hoped it would be.
Diane Cunningham
Oct 23, 2015 Diane Cunningham rated it it was amazing
The second Lorraine Hunt book. I enjoyed the way different people from the Seahills estate carry on through the series even when they aren't main characters so you get a chance to follow their lives. If anyone likes crime books i definitely recommend this series.
Nicky Mottram
Nicky Mottram rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2013
Sian
Sian rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2010
Julia Carton
Julia Carton rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2013
Rachael Dixon
Rachael Dixon rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2012
Kimberley Foster
Kimberley Foster rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Helen
Helen rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2010
Miriam Smith
May 25, 2016 Miriam Smith rated it it was amazing
Cracking read and even more enjoyable as it's set in NE England where I live. Win win!
Jackie
Jackie rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2012
Janine Causley
Janine Causley rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2013
Kerry Garnish
Kerry Garnish rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2013
Ritienne
Ritienne rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2012
Zoba
Zoba rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2014
Jan
Jan rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2013
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2012
Barbara Minne
Barbara Minne rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2012
Denise
Denise rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2013
Jane Reid
Jane Reid rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2013
dawn pratt
dawn pratt rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2016
Jude
Jude rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2014
Jenn
Jenn rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2008
A
A rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Little Girls Lost (Carson Ryder, #6)
  • The Damage (David Blake, #2)
  • Midas
  • Can't Let Go
  • Spider (Jack King, # 1)
  • Preaching to the Corpse (Advice Column Mystery, #2)
  • Kiss & Die (Detective Johnny Mann, #4)
  • The Brothers Boswell
  • Living Souls
  • Fatal Attraction
  • Remembrance Day
  • Betrayal
  • Settled Blood (DCI Kate Daniels, #2)
  • Sleeping Cruelty
  • Cold Is The Grave / The Summer That Never Was  (Inspector Banks #13,11)
  • Conspiracies of Rome (Aelric, #1)
  • Death In The Latin Quarter
  • What A Party!: My Life Among Democrats: Presidents, Candidates, Donors, Activists, Alligators and Other Wild Animals
Sheila Quigley started work at 15 as a presser in Hepworths, a tailoring factory. She married at 18 and had three daughters: Dawn, Janine and Diane and a younger son, Michael. Recently divorced, she now has eight grandchildren, five boys and three girls, and every Saturday and Sunday can be found at a football match for the under tens and under fifteens. Sheila has lived on the Homelands Estate (a ...more
More about Sheila Quigley...

Lorraine Hunt/Seahills (6 books)
  • Run For Home (Lorraine Hunt, #1)
  • Living On A Prayer (Lorraine Hunt, #3)
  • Every Breath You Take (Lorraine Hunt, #4)
  • The Road To Hell (Lorraine Hunt, #5)
  • Lady In Red (Lorraine Hunt, #6)