Start by marking “The Organized Home Schooler” as Want to Read:
The Organized Home Schooler

The Organized Home Schooler

3.49  ·  Rating Details  ·  45 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
IntroductionPeople marvel at how organized our home is. They even peek into our cupboards just hoping a mess is inside. They're usually disappointed. I believe that there is always room for improvement when it comes to being organized. I have not " arrived" by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm well on my way.

When we decided to bring our children home to school, I was
Published September 18th 2001 by Crossway Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Organized Home Schooler, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Organized Home Schooler

Adriane Devries
Jan 17, 2013 Adriane Devries rated it liked it
Shelves: teaching
Vicki Caruana, prolific author for the homeschool movement, addresses in The Organized Home Schooler not only the organization of our space and homeschooling materials, but also the issues of time and inner spirituality. Ideally, improvement in organization will flow from a more ordered spirit. Working from her own early struggles with disorganization, followed by years of homeschooling a large family of children, she gives us advice that is both functional and philosophical. While at times simp ...more
Megan
Jan 15, 2015 Megan rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction
I like that this book talked about how being organized includes mental/spiritual space, but found it really preachy. I could skim the religion-preachy, but I really couldn't take the book seriously anymore when the author declared that if you read so many books a month, you have too much time on your hands! Clearly, there's an epidemic of too much reading in this nation. Sigh.
Tess
Jul 29, 2011 Tess rated it liked it
I thought it was mostly common sense stuff and the author seemed to use the Christian perspective as a guilt mech instead of a motivator. I'm a Chrisrian too and I found myself wishing more was mentioned about accepting shortcomings and ditching unproductive guilt. I'm a new homeschooler and not finished setting up my system but didn't find much help here.
Candice
May 21, 2012 Candice rated it liked it
Good book! I feel I'm pretty organized already but liked the aspect of Christianity in organizing not only your home but your heart.
Angie
Apr 27, 2008 Angie rated it really liked it
Very helpful ideas for getting things organized and I really liked that it's from a Christian perspective.
Joannne
Apr 02, 2013 Joannne rated it really liked it
A very concise book on how not only to organize your HS but your home as well.
Amy Madden
Sep 27, 2008 Amy Madden rated it it was amazing
Good as a resource

Mariah
Aug 16, 2008 Mariah rated it it was amazing
Great tips!
Amy Burd
Amy Burd marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Angie
Angie added it
Jun 16, 2016
Monica
Monica rated it it was ok
May 16, 2016
Jean
Jean added it
Feb 04, 2016
Marie
Marie rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Christy Key-sturlaugson
Christy Key-sturlaugson rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2015
Candy
Candy rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2015
Jennifer Plotner
Jennifer Plotner rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2014
Sharon
Sharon added it
Jul 31, 2014
Susan Morris macquarrie
Susan Morris macquarrie marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014