Start by marking “Wunschkonzert: Ein Hit geht auf die Reise” as Want to Read:
Wunschkonzert: Ein Hit geht auf die Reise

Wunschkonzert: Ein Hit geht auf die Reise

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  695 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Einst konnte Tony Hawks seinen "Stotter-Rap" in den englischen Top Twenty platzieren - Anlass genug für eine neue Wette: Innerhalb von zwei Jahren muss Hawks mit einem selbst verfassten Lied in einem beliebigen Land unter die ersten zwanzig der Hitparade kommen. Die Odyssee beginnt in Nashville, führt über den Sudan nach Amsterdam und endet schließlich doch noch glücklich ...more
Published 2003 by Goldmann (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Wunschkonzert, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wunschkonzert

Soho_black
In the life and career of Tony Hawks, a couple of periods stand out as being highlights. In recent times, after a career as a comedian, he accepted a couple of stupid bets, firstly to hitchhike around Ireland with a fridge and later to play the entire Moldovan football team at tennis. It is not so much these events that were to be the highlights, but that he was able to write a book based on each of them. And very funny and well written books they were, too.

However, well before this, there was M
Mike Steven
If you're a fan of Dave Gorman's books then this is the sort of thing that you will enjoy. I'm sure that someone will point out that Tony Hawks was doing the 'zany bet/travel writing' genre first but I know that Dave Gorman has been popular in the last few years and the comparison stands.

Basically, Tony Hawks had a comedy hit record in 1985 with 'Stutter Rap' and appeared on Top of the Pops performing it. In 2002, he meets an attractive woman at a dinner party and they have a drunken bet that he
Twobusy
This is, of course, Tony Hawks the British writer/comedian, not the skating icon. If you've ever read "Round Ireland With A Fridge," you know what wonders he's capable of rendering — and like that book and its follow-up "Playing Tennis with the Moldovans," this one features Hawks making a stupidly ambitious bet and then setting out with absolutely no self-consciousness to succeed. In this case, Hawks bets that he can record a Top Ten single. Top Ten... anywhere. Which leads him to Nashville, the ...more
Tim Corke
My first of several Tony Hawks books and on the account of this one, cannot wait!! Follow his journey to Nashville, the Sudan, Holland, Romania and finally Albania to complete another ridiculous bet. This time, following on from his 80s one hit wonder, he was wagered that it couldn't be repeated and that he couldn't have a song in the charts again.

After jamming with local musicians in Texas, recording children's voices in the Sudan and a chance encounter with knights of the realm, this bet was c
Abigailann (Abigail)

Witty and funny, you never know where this book will go next. I just love the way Tony Hawk's mind seems to work, taking the impossible and making it possible in the most unbelievable way.

Sometimes its hard to believe that any of this is real. Its not all down-hill sailing but, even during the uphill passages, this book never ceases to provide good reading. The most entertaining part is saved right to the end, but you won't regret reading the rest to get there.

This isn't the best Tony Hawks
Robert
Loved this. As good as his other books do easy to tead
Turi
I'm not sure how I missed this 2002 book by Tony Hawks - I read all his other stuff pretty much as soon as it came out. Another journey trying to win a madcap bet, this one surrounding writing a hit song. Hawks' excellent humor, combined with his penchant for surreal situations make for a really fun read.
Pj
I enjoyed it and owe to it a good number of the authors I currently enjoy. It is a facinating book in which Tony has to get a hit song somewhere in the world within a certain period of time. I like Hawks' humor and the way he also takes time to highlight the good and interesting things in the world.
Robin
The book is so deliciously Tony. He's that weird friend you have who does crazy things, but taken up a few levels. As usual, this concerns a bet - that he couldn't have a top 20 song in any country in two years. The story of his struggles were funny. I love tony Hawks.
Sho
I quite like Tony Hawks (I've read 2 now) and his writing style. But I'm not sure that I would go out of my way to get any more of his books than are already in my possession right now.

But I can't put my finger on what's missing.
oOSarahOo
I very much enjoyed A Piano in the Pyrenees but all the other books by Hawks I have read have been a disappointment. One Hit Wonderland was alright but I just didn't find it very funny. I actually ended up skimming through the book...
Godzilla
Yet another bet, this one I only read because it was bought for me. This time our Tony has to have a number one hit single somewhere in the world.

To be honest I didn't care too much if he succeeded or not. Sorry Tony.
Derek Baldwin
Why did I bother reading 100 pages of this? Barely amusing, a stupid premise, poorly written (and badly proof-read too), a waste of time. And no mention whatsoever of skateboarding. Whatever.
Edward Davies
Such a funny book, and the presence of Norman "Mr Grimsdale" Wisdom made this a pleasure from start to finish. Fans of Hawks previous books will be pleased to know that this is even better!
Roger
I was bought this as a present and am sure I would never have read it otherwise. It has some hilarious moments ... I love the country hits titles.... a recommended holiday read.
Mo
Hawks describes how he tries to get a hit in a country somewhere in the world. Funny book, mostly because of Hawks' self-deprecating sense of humour.
Emily
Quite entertaining, but the premise was a bit contrived. Still, Tony Hawks is an entertaining enough chap.
Denis
Not as good as his book where he hitched hiked around Ireland with a small refrigerator.
Stefan
Awesome story, where you can learn so much about music. And stupid bets...
Virginie
Dec 03, 2007 Virginie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who like British humour!
Shelves: non-fiction
This guy is crazy, we knew it and this 3rd book confirms... :-))
Paul
OK, a bit more serious than some of his other adventures.
Wyatt
I'm just sad that I've run out of Tony Hawks books to read.
Katie
Very funny but not as good as his other books.
Graham Watkins
Pretty funny, I enjoyed it
Lucy
Lucy marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
  • The Hell of It All
  • Penguins Stopped Play
  • Return Of The Timewaster Letters
  • My Judy Garland Life: A Memoir
Tony Hawks, is a British comedian and author, famous for his Quizotic travel accounts undertaking bizarre wagers with friends. Hawks performs stand-up comedy, and is a regular on TV and radio panel games in the UK, including I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue, Just a Minute, The Unbelievable Truth and Have I Got News for You, although he first came to prominence as one of two resident performers — the oth ...more
More about Tony Hawks...
Round Ireland with a Fridge Playing the Moldovans at Tennis A Piano In The Pyrenees: The Ups and Downs of an Englishman in the French Mountains The Fridge-Hiker's Guide to Life: How to Stay Cool When You're Feeling the Heat The Grown-Ups' Book Of Books