Start by marking “Divine Comedy” as Want to Read:
Divine Comedy

Divine Comedy (Mountjoy #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  104 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
A group of friends travel north to a cathedral community and unwittingly cause havoc in this novel by the author of "Children of Chance".
Published January 18th 1996 by Trafalgar Square (first published September 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Divine Comedy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Divine Comedy

Lara Johnson
Aug 04, 2011 Lara Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is a large cast of characters in the town of Eyot, a small town in England which is known for its cathedrals and music. The story centers around Quinta, a young woman who has an eight-year-old daughter that she is raising on her own. She and her daughter, Phoebe, live with a famous composer where she is both his housekeeper and lover. While she is fond of Alban, she is not in love with him. Around them both swirl an entire town of people, including Lydia, an old school friend of Quinta’s w ...more
Marcie
Oct 02, 2011 Marcie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elizabeth Aston writes about one of my favorite subjects: Darcy and Elizabeth. I've read a few of her novels before, being that I love that particular genre. So when the opportunity came up to read her contemporary novel The World, The Flesh and the Bishop, I was thrilled.

The World, The Flesh and the Bishop takes place in Eyot. It's a charming little town with a lot of history. Many interesting and diverse people make up this vibrant town. Quinta is a single mother who is bringing up the spirite
Jill Elizabeth
Today we are taking a trip to England and exploring the world of Eyot, a small cathedral town invented by author Elizabeth Aston (Elizabeth Pewsey). I first learned of Eyot – and Elizabeth – as a result of a guest post she kindly provided in August about developing one’s own world for a fictional story. A review copy of The World, the Flesh, and the Bishop (the first book in the Mountjoy Series), was generously provided by the author.

As I believe I have mentioned once or twice before, I am a dev
Margaret Shumaker
So very enjoyable

I've recently discovered Elizabeth Aston and so glad I've got so many books to read. This is the second book in the series, but it could stand alone. There are some recurring characters but this book, and the first, had its own characters. The author creates fully realized people, I'm sorry I can't visit England and have lunch with them. Highly recommend.
Babs
This is the first of the Mounjoy series and what a read it was, I was pleasantly surprised. I have read all of Elizabeth’s Darcy books and wasn’t sure what the writing style would be for the Mountjoy series.
I have to say I had a hard time putting this book down. I have to say the three Grace’s were a hit. They fix flowers in the Cathedral and are the biggest gossipers. Lydia and Quntia are two good friends, but yet the opposite of each other. They struggle to find their place in life. Things se
Tessa
Jan 11, 2016 Tessa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely story in the Mountjoy series possibly predictable but still most enjpyable with larger than life characters.
Joanne Dorfman
Aug 11, 2012 Joanne Dorfman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

After reading these modern day tales by the author of the 'Darcy' novels, it's easy to see why Aston is so good at the Pride and Prejudice spin-offs. Written earlier, they incorporate the same formula which makes Jane Austen my favorite author--vivid characters, romance, witty dialogue, and the satisfactory resolution of all problems.
Elizabeth
There are five books. N this series, but can only get these two to show. Amazon has them all as ebooks .
Suzi
Jul 12, 2015 Suzi rated it it was amazing
My favourite book of all time...reread it again for about the 100th time!
melissa Smart
melissa Smart rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2016
beverly rushing
beverly rushing is currently reading it
Apr 25, 2016
Debra
Debra rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2016
Laurie M. Wanner
Laurie M. Wanner rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2016
Elizabeth A. Haman
Elizabeth A. Haman rated it it was ok
Apr 08, 2016
Donna Holladay
Donna Holladay rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Caroline Jayne
Caroline Jayne rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2016
Robert K. Boswell II
Robert K. Boswell II is currently reading it
Mar 21, 2016
Rosalie Williams
Rosalie Williams rated it did not like it
Mar 19, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Mrs G V M Scott
Mrs G V M Scott rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2016
Carol A. Coleman
Carol A. Coleman rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2016
CarolynB
CarolynB rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2016
Caitlin House
Caitlin House rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2016
Sylvia P Steers
Sylvia P Steers is currently reading it
Mar 03, 2016
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Marcia
Marcia rated it it was amazing
Feb 29, 2016
Mary Oberg
Mary Oberg rated it liked it
Feb 29, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2016
Jay-me (Janet)
Jay-me (Janet) rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2016
Sandra Rice
Sandra Rice rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Mountjoy (6 books)
  • Children of Chance
  • Unholy Harmonies
  • Volcanic Airs (The Mountjoys)
  • Unaccustomed Spirits (The Mountjoys)
  • Brotherly Love: An English comedy (The Mountjoys Book 6)

“when you consider they didn’t grow up together.” 0 likes