The Accidental Vampire (Argeneau, #7)

The Accidental Vampire (Argeneau #7)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  11,741 ratings  ·  371 reviews
FATE GAVE HER FANGS...
Published December 26th 2008 by Avon (first published December 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Accidental Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Accidental Vampire

Dark Lover by J.R. WardLover Awakened by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardHalfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostLover Revealed by J.R. Ward
The Best Adult Vampire Romance Books
81st out of 804 books — 2,621 voters
Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostUndead and Unwed by MaryJanice DavidsonOne Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene FrostFirst Grave on the Right by Darynda JonesDestined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Best Funny Paranormal Romances
41st out of 497 books — 975 voters

More lists with this book...

Jessica
Oh boy, oh boy. My first real paranormal romance -- not YA, not vampire hunting with a side of relationship, but an honest-to-goodness real-live romance novel. I read it on the way to Chicago.

Ah, the eternal question: where the [insert expletive of choice:] are the editors?

I spend a lot of time wondering this. I see movies like, for example, The Da Vinci Code, and am astonished that apparently, in every single stage of production, everyone involved failed to notice -- and remark upon -- the fact...more
Buggy
Opening Line:" It was a high-pitched scream that woke Elvi."

THE ACCIDENTAL VAMPIRE is an amusing story with great characters. It also gives a slightly different take on the standard Vampire Romance, wherein the main characters are all in their 60's and the Vampires are decendents of Atlantis. This is also not a series that you need to read in order, which is great. It's nice to just pick up a book and not need a huge ammount of back story to know what's going on.

Elvie Black was accidentally tu...more
Christel
Was okay, funny but not really what I expected but it was a good read. Funny how Elvi just watches the movie and believes that is what she is supposed to do to be a vampire. But the Birthday Bite was the best to me.
valee
I loved this book! It had been so long since I have read an Argeneau book that I had forgotten how good they were. This one wasn´t one of my favs in the series but it was very entertaining.

I enjoyed a lot the fact that the heroine was a woman of 60 something when she was turned into a vampire.This was so different from everything I have read before. Although I think it is IMPORTANT to clarify that even though she was turned at that age, afterwards she looked like a 25 year old woman. This made...more
Brenda (b)
What a fun story. It had me laughing and chuckling several times. The people of Port Henry were totally unexpected in the way they took care of Elvi. I was never quite sure what Victor's 3 rivals, Edward, Alessandro and Harper were up to and the side story about DJ and Mabel was a pleasant addition.
Merredith
This was a really quick read, I read it over 2 days. that's because there wasn't much substance. I guess it's part of a series, which I've never read the previous ones, but I don't imagine I was missing anything. A 60 something year old woman was accidentally turned into a vampire, and her whole town and friends are very accepting of her. She becomes 25 again, and even hotter than she was originally (all vampires = hot i guess). She lives for 5 yrs without really finding out what a vampire is. S...more
FUN FUN FUN!

A Vampire puts a singles ad in the paper and boy does she get a response. Victor Argeneau and his assistant DJ drive out to the small town of Port Henry to meet this woman and find out what is going on. It's not exactly discreet placing an ad in the paper - and since Vincent works for the Vampires ruling Council, it's his job to access the damage and possibly bring this potential "Rogue Vampire" back to the council for judgement.

Vincent is in for a surprise when he gets to Port Henr...more
Erin
I pity anyone who started the Argeneau series with this as their starting point.

The main character 'Elvi' (real name is Ellen, but she goes by the nickname Elvi because she's a vampire now, and thats what vampires do. Plus it's a take on Elvira.) is an absolute dumbass.

'I got rid of all the mirrors in my house because vampires (and thats what I am now) don't have reflections... never mind the fact that I still had a reflection after I became a vampire, I'm sure it's gone now but I'm too chicken...more
Saucyminx
Jayden
The book was gorgeous.

I chose it due to the blurb on the back, and I didn't regret it one second. It is as funny and unusual a vampire romance as I thought it would be. It had all the "usual stuff" with lifemates, the gorgeous looking vampires and so on, but the story in itself turned out to be surprising and inventive.

I mean, really... a 62 year old woman becoming a vampire by accident? A whole town standing behind her as she tries to find her way through the new un-life? And best friends so i...more
Sammy, the Cyborg Slut  & Lover of Books
description

Elvi was an IDIOT. I think this was meant to be funny, but it was a torturous nightmare!!!

Jessica's review sums my feeling up 100% so I encourage any and everyone to read her review.

Here's the link; https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Keri
This would be how I would be turned into a vampire is by accident. This was a funny cute book. I haven't read many in this series. I tried the first one and it was just ok, but this one was downright romantic, cute and funny. Birthday bites notwithstanding.
Sandra
Victor Argeneau is sent to a little town, Port Henry to discover the source of vampire rumours that are circulating in Toronto. As well as the wanted ads for single, male vampires.

He arrives with DJ and is not happy to learn that he is not alone - Edward, Harper and Alessandro have heeded the call also.

Ellen Stone (aka Elvi Black) is the town vampire. She was created by accident down in Mexico, whilst in the middle of a car wreck. She doesn't know the rules and has been breaking them big time.

W...more
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
What a hoot...5 hunky men and a almost Vampire?

Description:

Ever since an accident turned her into a knockout vamp, Elvi Black's been catching her z's in a coffin, staying out of the sun, and giving up garlic. She knows there's more to being undead than what she saw in Dracula, but she can't very well ask her mortal friends about proper biting etiquette. But when her neighbors placed a personal ad for her in the local paper, she never imagined she'd meet Victor Argeneau, a vampire who could have...more
KellBell
Hilarious! This book had some really funny scenes that had me laughing out loud! By far the funniest of the series so far! That being said, from hearing about Victor from other books, I expected more from his character. I guess I expected a tormented soul that was going to have to finally face his past after meeting a new life mate. It appears I had too high of expectations...or just wrong expectations. There really wasn't any new character development for him. He pretty much shared what we alre...more
Jivita
Finished this book in one day. Read it on the recommendation of a friend who usually has good taste in books, but it was not at all what I expected. Honestly wasted 6 hours of my life that I could have been reading something else....

SPOILERS:

-- vampires with "nanos." The concept of the origin of vampires (from Atlantis, of all places) was a unique, if not absurd one. Brownie points for creativity though.

-- vampires can't be old and wrinkly, they must be all hot and vibrant. That's why the 62 y...more
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under The Covers

What can I say? I think these books have just lost that spark I felt in books 2 & 3. Hmmm. This was a totally different setting. Victor (Vincent's dad) who works as an enforcer is sent to investigate who's behind a "Single Vampire" ad. So he travels to Port Henry to meet this mysterious Elvie. If she is a vampire and is advertising herself as such, he will have to bring her to justice for exposing herself.

But she has no clue about the ad, her best f...more
Cheryl
I adore the "paranormal romance" genre quite a bit. Just take a look at my goodreads bookshelves and you will see that I have somewhat of an addiction. I jumped at the chance to read this NYT BSL book when I saw it on the list in January. I was quite surprised to find that I actually own another book in the series. According the family tree printed in the front I had already read about Vincent some months ago and didn't realize I had picked up a book from the Argeneau Series.

I wasn't disappointe...more
Lorre
Up till now I didn't know much about Victor except he's Vincent's father, has the same genetic anomaly as his son so they can't feed of bagged blood and that his lifemate, Marion, died a few centuries ago burned at the stake. So I was pleased to see this book was about him.

Losing his lifemate has made Victor a bitter, lonely man. He even avoids contact with Vincent, his son, and the only thing that keeps him going is his job as an law enforcer for the council.

When he is sent to Port Henry on a c...more
Kas
4.75 stars.

The accidental vampire is based on Lucian's brother, Victor, who is also on the council. When council gets word of a vampire outside Toronto who is breaking several laws, Victor is sent to find out what's happening. When he gets there he finds Elvi, who's been turned with no idea how she became a vampire, or how to live as one. Elvi also turns out to be unreadable by Victor, which complicates the problem of the council's verdict.

I loved this installment. The plot was totally unlike an...more
Ashley♥Alexis
Originally i was going to give it a 3 out of 5 but the last few chapters were so hilarious i had to bump it up to 3.5 I'm a really big vampire buff and i actually know a lot of vampire lore because i find it all amusing. At first i was really put off by the blatant disregard to "traditional" vamp myths and then i finally got over the dislike of this authors creative interpretation. I thought the story was cute and the cast of characters were amusing. Like i said before, the last couple chapters...more
Feb 04, 2008 Jennifer rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: vampire romance junkies
I'm really excited that Lynsay Sands is putting out three Argeneau stories in a row like this. I've been a fan of this series since I picked up "Single White Vampire" in 2003.

I enjoyed this book quite a bit. There was the occasional clunky phrase or wrong homonym usage that made me roll my eyes (what is the deal lately with editors/copyeditors not understanding that "slamming on the breaks" is NOT correct? This is the second time I've seen it used this way in a month!), but the story itself was...more
Amanda
Can I give this book ten stars? It was by far my favorite of the series so far! So funny and engaging and just so great to read! I loved the messes Elvi got into and how she found out what being an immortal really meant, rather than her pretending to be an Elvira knock-off. And Vincent trying to be patient and keep her out of trouble was so dear and in stark contrast with his crusty reputation. I love it when the Argeneau men drop their defenses. Such a fun book and as always I look forward to t...more
Trish
This was a sweet, silly PG book about vampires. I enjoyed it but think I'm really in a dark intense reading mood. Victor & a group of vampires arrive in town to meet Elvie, thanks to her meddling friends. Elvie's friends are well meaning but cause quite a bit of trouble with wanting to help her meet her mate. DJ And Mabel are hilarious and I loved their interaction. The danger is light and not too disturbing. I would recommend this one to those into light, funny, silly romances.
The Listmaker
When you read this series, you know exactly what you're going to get -romance novels wrapped in the Snuggie that is the paranormal world of vampires (oops, make that immortals).

In other words: a lighthearted, sexy, funny romp that serves to entertain the reader; allowing them to be taken away better than any Calgon bath could ever do.

If you're looking to escape, this is as good a series as you're gonna find.
Brandi
This is another one of my top favs in this series so far. Even though, as a woman, I was still left baffled along with the other males, as to the way Elvi's mind thought things through, especially with the Knight situation. The cheesecake emergency and then the other "cheesecake emergency" had me laughing. All in all, it was a great read. Very entertaining. I'm really enjoying this series so far.
P.A. Lupton

I just finished a reread of this book. This time I decided to try it in audio. I love this book. It's cute and fun, a light easy read. I did not care for the narrator of the audiobook, however. She had a voice that was stilted and sounded almost like a computer program. I would recommend the book version for this novel.
Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe)
this book was funny, though Elvi was kinda annoying in this with her being so naive about what it was to be a vampire. But all in all it was in the same aspect as the rest of Sands books in this series, quirky, funny, sexy, and a most weird way of hooking up with someone.
Megan
The next in Lynsay Sands "Vampire" Romance Series (Argeneau Book 7). Not my favorite from her series, but it is very good and very funny all the way through, with a lot of things going on in a very small and clueless town. Funny, light, and a fast read.
Tilequa
I fell in love with this book. It was the first book i read of lynsay sands I the reason i kept on reading!!!!!!!!!!! Victor is my sexy babe for life and this story was tooooooo funny!!! I think by this one story lynsay became my favorite author!!
  • Be Still My Vampire Heart (Love at Stake, #3)
  • Sex, Lies and Vampires (Dark Ones, #3)
  • My Immortal Highlander (MacNachton Vampires, #3)
  • Taken by the Night (Brotherhood of Blood, #3)
  • A Taste of Darkness (Mackenzie Vampires, #3)
  • I Only Have Fangs for You (Young Brothers, #3)
  • Dead Sexy
  • Because Your Vampire Said So (Broken Heart, #3)
LYNSAY SANDS is the nationally bestselling author who is known for her hysterical historicals as well as the popular Argeneau/Rogue Hunter vampire series. With her witty and charming personality, Sands describes books as, “Waking dreams or stories, tales to amuse, entertain and distract us from everyday life.” She’s been writing stories since grade school and considers herself incredibly lucky to...more
More about Lynsay Sands...
A Quick Bite (Argeneau #1) Bite Me If You Can (Argeneau #6) A Bite to Remember (Argeneau #5) Vampire, Interrupted (Argeneau #9) Single White Vampire (Argeneau #3)