Who Wants an Old Teddy Bear?

Who Wants an Old Teddy Bear?

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Andy is hoping for a toy rocket ship for his birthday. When Grandma sends a teddy bear instead, he is unhappy and disappointed. But a nightmare adventure turns Andy and the teddy bear, Arthur, into fast friends.
Published August 1st 2003 by Reverie Publishing (first published September 12th 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Who Wants an Old Teddy Bear?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Wants an Old Teddy Bear?

Christina
My favorite childhood book.
Pam
Something about this book reminds me of Maurice Sendak....I think it's the illustrations and the story premise (dreaming...like In The Nigh Kitchen). And, it's a good book, but not as good as real, true Sendak books.
Bap
Christina's favorite book from her childhood. It is a story of a little boy who is contempuous of an old teddy bear that he recieves as a gift and literally kicks it away. He goes to sleep and dreams that he is a gift to a young bear in a town of bears: a boy with an umbrella. The young bear kicks the little boy aside and only after the boy pleads that he is really a little boy does the Teddy Bear relent and become friends with the little boy who returns to his home with the magic umbrella where...more
Keidra Polite
The little boy kicked the teddy bear his grandma had gave him because he wanted a train instead. He had a dream that he was in a teddy bear land and he was the only boy. A bear got the boy from his grandma and kicked him. The boy explained that he was a real boy and it hurt. The boy and the bear played together. The boy woke up and he needed his teddy bear. It was a sweet story that makes you think about different perspectives.
Tara Garner
Picture Book. Such a sweet story with a great message about putting yourself in someone else's shoes and loving what you have.
Mrs. Downs
GR Level: M

Elementary: E HOF
Sarah Sammis
I read this book to my brother when we were little.
Simran
This is my favorite picture book.
Cws
May 21, 2009 Cws added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jear
JEAR2-Hof
Sonia Valdovinos
Sonia Valdovinos marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Kim R
Kim R added it
Mar 13, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Ronson
Ronson added it
Feb 19, 2014
Gb Wittstruck
Gb Wittstruck marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2013
Dathan
Dathan added it
Jul 15, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Runaway Teddy Bear One Teddy Bear is Enough! (Please Read to Me Series) Bear Next Door The Big Bad Bully Bear The Joy of Cooking