Construction Countdown

Construction Countdown

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Ten mighty dump trucks rolling down the road.
Nine earthmovers scraping up
a load . . .

Count down from ten to one with the busy
construction trucks!

Something wonderful is going on, and every kind of truck has an important job. But what are all those bulldozers and backhoes doing? This bright and lively counting book will delight young construction fans everywhere.
Constructi...more
Published May 1st 2004 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Construction Countdown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Construction Countdown

David
Construction Countdown by K.C. Olson, illustrated by David Gordon is a countdown of construction vehicles from ten to one.

Olson's text features a bold font, making this book easy to read-aloud or use for a storytime. Construction vehicles shown include dump trucks, earthmovers, bulldozers, payloaders, graders, rollers, Concrete (mixers) trucks, backhoes, and skid loaders. Descriptive words used include mighty, rolling, scraping, reshaping, grumbling, leveling, packing, scooping, haul and gigant...more
Sarah Souther
Starting with ten mighty dump trucks, the book counts backwards using brightly-colored construction vehicles to illustrate the numbers. Obviously, this will be a hit with machine-crazy little folks. It's a good, solid counting book with a little twist at the end. Age 2-5.
Dia
I love the illustrations in this book and that the story ends in a sandbox. My girls 3 and 2 like looking at the pictures, listening to the rhyme and counting the different color machinery.
Emerson
Of course he loves this construction truck counting book. What's not to love 10 different types of construction earthmovers moving through a construction site. The end has a cute twist.
Jessica RiffeKincaid
Together me and my 6 year old son enjoyed reading this book. He was able to learn the basic concepts of math and reading. It was very fun and easy to read.
Peanut
MOMMY: I give the book 4 stars. Cute illustrations, nice rhyming cadence.

PEANUT: he loved this book and had it memorized in about a week. Age 2 1/2
Jill
Another counting book. My four-year-old boy's favorite so far. How could it not be? It was a countdown of construction vehicles in a sandbox.
Skylar Burris
What a surprise. This trip to the library my son chose a book about trucks. Again. At least this one has some rhytmic rhyme to it.
Lindsay
Realistic painted illustrations might be interesting to kiddos but otherwise there are better books in this genre.
Mary
A good counting book with rhyming verse for machine-happy little people. Nice colorful illustrations.
Ebookwormy
An absolute hit with my son that is adding additional heavy machinery to his knowledge and vocabulary.
Kristie
This book counts down from 10 to 1 with a sandy surprise at the end. Great for toddlers.
Ogross
Nov 04, 2007 Ogross rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: any construction loving kid
Shelves: silas
Silas learned this book word for word. We love the drawings and the rhythm of the words.
Sydney
The illustrations in this book are fantastic. A fun rhyming countdown book.
kiddos
My son loves the trucks in this book. A good counting book.
Susan
nice counting book
Lisa
Lisa added it
Jul 11, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014