Start by marking “Cal and the Amazing Anti-Gravity Machine” as Want to Read:
Cal and the Amazing Anti-Gravity Machine

Cal and the Amazing Anti-Gravity Machine

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  8 reviews
In this wacky, adventurous chapter book, Cal and his grouchy talking dog, Frankie, discover the joys (and pitfalls) of anti-gravity when they join forces with Cal's inventive neighbor, Mr. Frout. This hair-raising adventure is a laugh-out-loud romp that lifts one boy's curiosity about science to a new level!

Published April 18th 2006 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens (first published June 6th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Cal and the Amazing Anti-Gravity Machine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cal and the Amazing Anti-Gravity Machine

Jill
Took this home to my sometimes reluctant reader who actually reads very well and enjoys doing it when he doesn't have to. This was a little higher reading level than he usually reads, but I was pretty sure he'd still be able to read it and I was right. It still has pictures in it, which is a draw for younger kids reading at a higher level.
Darla
(Genre: Children's Fiction) This was another book that my family listened to on our trip. It was an okay story (very short--just a little over an hour long) but I never fully got into it. It is about a boy who helps his older neighbor test the anti-gravity machine that he has made.
The Styling Librarian
Cal and the Amazing Anti-Gravity Machine by Richard Hamilton, illustrated by Sam Hearn - special fiction book with a humorous take on a person with a nutty professor neighbor who invents an anti-gravity machine. Quite amusing and quick read. Fun with a talking dog as well!
Melissa
This was a cute book for my kids, it teaches about gravity in a funny way, but it was still a little too old for my little ones. We listened to it on tape, we will try again in a few years.
Natalie
I think this was a fun one for my kids. It wasn't as interesting as I had hoped it would be, especially for my kids. However, I liked the format of the story (chapters that flowed) and the pictures.
Heather
my 5.5 yo son has been into gravity lately & really enjoyed this book due to the funny nature of gravity flowing up...he read this w/ Dad so I did not read it.
Jane
Good idea for a book. And I greatly appreciate children's "chapter books" that have lots of illustrations. But this story just wasn't that interesting or fun.
Cheryl
Fun little read--a rather interesting idea--what if you could invent an anti-gravity machine? What would happen?
Ria
Ria marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Nathan
Nathan added it
Oct 15, 2014
Kerry
Kerry added it
Aug 20, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Bee
Bee marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2013
Chris
Chris added it
Oct 12, 2013
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2013
Lindz
Lindz added it
Jun 24, 2012
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2011
Angie
Angie added it
Oct 27, 2011
If I Were You The Last Storytellers: Tales from the Heart of Morocco Food for Thought, Thought for Food Tarascon Pocket Pharmacopoeia 2010 Classic Shirt-Pocket Edition 20,000 Alarms: The Memoirs Of New York's Most Decorated Fireman