Start by marking “I Dare You: Embrace Life with Passion” as Want to Read:
I Dare You: Embrace Life with Passion

I Dare You: Embrace Life with Passion

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  704 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
Joyce Meyer explains that a life without purpose is a life not worth living. We all need a reason to get up everyday. We all need to reach for something beyond ourselves. Over the centuries, millions of people have asked, "What am I here for? What is my purpose?" We are born; we live; and we die. We cannot do anything about being born or dying, but we can do a lot about ho ...more
Published September 4th 2007 by FaithWords (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about I Dare You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Dare You

1984 by George OrwellThe Ecological Rift by John Bellamy FosterAnimal Farm by George OrwellSiddhartha by Hermann HesseThe Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein
Books that will change your life
47th out of 103 books — 160 voters
When God Whispers Your Name by Max LucadoGod's Favor - Breath Of Heaven by Michele WoolleyTraveling Light by Max LucadoHe Chose the Nails by Max LucadoBecome a Better You by Joel Osteen
Best Christian Inspirational Books
23rd out of 87 books — 78 voters

More lists with this book...

Kris Beatty
Mar 16, 2009 Kris Beatty rated it did not like it
I have a hard time not finishing a book. In this case, I had to force myself to get to the second chapter.

I was hoping this would be an inspirational and motivational book, but unfortunately all I got out of it was that we're merely pawns in God's big game. I'm not judging anybodys beliefs, as I have my own, but I found it to be very hard to stomach. Unfortunately I was not aware of whom Joyce Meyer's is (I probably wouldn't have picked it up if I had) but if you're beliefs align, I'm sure you c
Linda Palmer
Nov 18, 2009 Linda Palmer rated it liked it
This was the first Joyce Meyers book I read and I was 'hooked on Joyce'. I did not know of her ministry, her other books, her global audience, but the Title of her book grabbed me. Yes, I can be that shallow. A peek at the content seemed interesting so I took it home for a good snuggle read.

As a former newspaper reporter, editor, and magazine publisher, I learned to appreciate the broad stroke of the Art and attracting a wide audience of various reading levels. It's a comfort zone, and I read fo
Karen Salisbury
Dec 03, 2015 Karen Salisbury rated it it was amazing
It seems like it’s so easy to go along on auto-pilot in today’s world – there’s just so much to do, that the dreams and purpose seems to get pushed aside with the daily and mundane. In this book Joyce shows us how to revive our passion and walk boldly into our purpose for being here.
Dina
Feb 18, 2016 Dina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
A kind of a Christian self-help book that is easy to understand and grasp. She tells it like it is with true stories about herself. This book makes you want to really take hold of your life and be more passionate with what God has given us.
Melissa
May 20, 2009 Melissa rated it liked it
Joyce Meyer is enjoyable to watch on television, and her book was just as inspirational. Her no-nonsense approach and down-to-earth philosophy on life is what I like most.
The one aspect I did not agree with was when she discusses in one chapter about visiting the very poor in India, and not understanding why they just don't pick themselves up by their bootstraps and get their neighborhoods cleaned up and find some small business to start. As an evangelical christian she may not understand the
Chelsea DeVries
Jan 07, 2015 Chelsea DeVries rated it really liked it
I found this book accidentally at my local library and it turns out that it really opened my eyes. I've got to live life more passionately. It seems that I lost my passion somewhere along the way but thanks to the advice in this book, I've learned revelation that is definitely life-changing. I DARE YOU to read this book from cover to cover and say you haven't been changed by it.
mahlica
Sep 18, 2009 mahlica rated it it was ok
Well, like so many books this could have been quite a bit briefer. Gosh are ppl still paid by the word?

The main points were helpful though not revolutionary.
You can chose your attitude toward life; are you going to focus forward, living as a person given freedom by Christ? Are you allowing things to distract you from your purpose in life?

Critique:
Most ppl I know struggle to be able to name a specific purpose to their lives to focus on. Most of us feel we understand our purpose in general, to Glo
Danielle
Feb 02, 2014 Danielle rated it really liked it
A great read that has challenged and encouraged me in the year I am celebrating surviving radiation and chemo.
Ladypoet Nfaith
Mar 20, 2016 Ladypoet Nfaith rated it it was amazing
Excellent read.
Maureen Herman
Feb 21, 2014 Maureen Herman rated it it was amazing
This was the first Joyce Meyer book I have read and I found it to be truly inspirational. I found myself reflecting on life, my attitude, my observations of the world and others in it. I was surprised by this inflection which moved me to put thought into my thoughts! I will read more of her as there are several titles which look very interesting. I strongly recommend. :)
Katie W
AWESOME book! I've been reading this for a long time, but it seems like each chapter comes at a time when I really need to hear those exact words of wisdom and inspiration to help me embrace life with passion. Amazing how God can use all kinds of methods to speak to you and teach you things and meet you right where you are at : )
Anita
May 23, 2012 Anita rated it did not like it
I started reading this book because I read a little about Joyce Meyer and was intrigued by her abusive childhood. Anyone who rises above such adversity deserves respect. The book however is a little redundant at times and I have been "reading it since Summer, but haven't finished....enough said.
Nancy Wright
May 27, 2015 Nancy Wright rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I want to re-read it already. It has such great insight to simple things that we overlook on a daily basis. This book talks about how God wants us to live with passion and dream big! I needed that in my life.
Amber
Apr 22, 2012 Amber rated it really liked it
We should stir ourselves up is what the Word of God says in 2 Timothy 1:6...well this book can help all of us do just that. What a great read! Joyce's simple approach to deliverying God's messages are always refreshing and easy to apply. Thankful for Joyce Meyer!
Edna Stewart
May 24, 2012 Edna Stewart rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I dare you to read Joyce Meyer's book "I Dare You: Embrace Life with Passion." This book will challenge your mind, intellect, and spirit to dare you, challenge you to a better you and life.
What a better way to get motivated and challenged about your life. I dare you.
Gail
Jul 10, 2008 Gail rated it it was amazing
I have to admit I love Joyce Meyers. Anything she writes is wonderful. Her writing style is deep but very simple to read. You can apply her teachings to every part of your life because they are backed by Godly principles.
Shalonda Williams
Nov 11, 2009 Shalonda Williams rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who need a boost
Shelves: inspirations
Joyce Meyer, in this book, challenges us to go forward. She dares us to walk out our divine purpose. It inspired me to stop lower myself and know that what I have is needed and usable by My Creator.
Melissa
Jan 07, 2010 Melissa rated it it was ok
good book..a little bit of a drag at some points and i don't necessarily agree with her view on sickness..but nonetheless the religious overtones and wisdom were refreshing
Bethany
Jan 05, 2008 Bethany marked it as to-read
I'm excited about reading this book. Leafed through it and it seems to hit on things I already apply in life. Just looking for some reinforcement every now and again.
Dawn Behm
Mar 04, 2008 Dawn Behm is currently reading it
I love this book so far. It is about living life intentionally, passionately with purpose to bring glory to God and to make a difference in the world.
Brian
Jan 03, 2008 Brian rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I have every read. I found many answers to why I am the way I am and how I can improve my self through the book. I highly recommend it!
Amy Sjoquist
Fabulous. I'm going to have to buy it so I can read it more slowly and actually meditate on what she says. Very thought provoking. Love Joyce.
Dayva
Mar 27, 2008 Dayva rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: joy seekers
Shelves: non-fiction
Excellent reading on finding joy in the everyday. Joyce is so easy to read that I can't put her books down when my lunch hour is over.
Eliel
Aug 23, 2012 Eliel rated it liked it
Joyce gives us an insightful look on the human condition with God's Word as reference, and practical applications. Very instructive.
J. Allen
Oct 27, 2009 J. Allen rated it it was amazing
Meia
Feb 21, 2010 Meia rated it it was amazing

I can read this book over and over again!! Just read it once and you will see what I mean. Life changing really!!!!
Tiffany
Nov 15, 2007 Tiffany is currently reading it
Recommends it for: ANYONE
Getting started on this book... Obviously you can tell that I look encouraging, uplifting, self-help books! lol
Kimberly
Mar 04, 2011 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Very good Made me realize that I need to chill out and not worry so much and put my troubles in God's hands.
Cindy
Get out there and do it. Follow your heart and lean on God. Probally nothing new but very inspiring.
Sarah Marie
Jun 04, 2010 Sarah Marie rated it liked it
Still reading this book. But I like it... Reading it per chapter.. make sure I get to absorb everything
Good for Life 2 10 Mar 05, 2013 08:09PM
  • The Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living
  • Fight Like a Girl: The Power of Being a Woman
  • Praying God's Will for Your Life: A Prayerful Walk to Spiritual Well Being
  • It's Not My Fault: The No-Excuses Plan for Overcoming the Effects of People, Circumstances or DNA and Enjoying God's Best
  • Pathway to Purpose for Women: Connecting Your To-Do List, Your Passions, and God's Purposes for Your Life
  • Cure for the Common Life: Living in Your Sweet Spot
  • A Woman's Walk with God: Growing in the Fruit of the Spirit
  • Shaping History Through Prayer and Fasting
  • Falling in Love with Jesus: Abandoning Yourself to the Greatest Romance of Your Life
  • How to Study the Bible for Yourself
  • Improving Your Serve
  • The Great Investment: Balancing. Faith, Family and Finance to Build a Rich Spiritual Life
  • Love Your Life: Living Happy, Healthy, and Whole
  • A Life Unleashed: Giving Birth to Your Dreams
  • 30 Thoughts for Victorious Living
  • Living the Extraordinary Life: Nine Principles to Discover It
  • Drawing Near: A Life of Intimacy with God
Joyce Meyer is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. Her nearly 100 books have helped millions of people find hope and restoration. Bestsellers include Living Beyond Your Feelings; Power Thoughts; Battlefield of the Mind; and The Confident Woman.

Joyce Meyer's broadcast Enjoying Everyday Life airs daily on hundreds of television networks an
More about Joyce Meyer...

“Courage is fear that has said its prayers and decided to go forward anyway.” 572 likes
“• The effect of laughter on the body is immediate. Laughing actually lowers blood pressure, reduces stress hormones, and increases muscle flexion. • Laughter increases your resistance to infections. • Laughter also triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers, and produces a general sense of well-being.” 2 likes