Start by marking “His Rules: God's Practical Road Map for Becoming and Attracting Mr. or Mrs. Right” as Want to Read:

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Frustrated by All the Advice for Finding Mr. or Mrs. Right?

Some worldly “experts” may sound sexy but don’t offer the spiritual tools you need to address the real-life pains, temptations, and fears associated with the dating experience. Quickie solutions won’t cut it, and neither will a wait-and-see approach. You want God’s views–His rules for becoming and attracting a life
Published December 24th 2008 by WaterBrook Press (first published January 11th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about His Rules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Rules

Ronda
Dec 29, 2008 Ronda rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Looking for more than just how to find Mr or Mrs Right
Recommended to Ronda by: My mother (that's right LOL!)
This is the most powerful book on relationships spiritual, emotional and male/female relationships that I have read.
I was so inspired I began buying the book for other singles and even had someone who was married blessed by the book. I later used this book to start a small group discussion on relationships and found we were able to seek our purpose/why God placed us here and how it can be fulfilled through reading this book.
The Book Man
Excellent advices on male/female relationships!

If you want to become Mr./Mrs. Right or if you want to attract your [future] partner…this book is for you!

• Remember that a strong marriage is based on principles, not feelings.

• Remember that the proof of LOVE is always measured by the quantity and quality of the time we invest in that love.
Adrienna
His Rules, in the first chapter, clearly outlines the principles before, during and after a marriage to follow:
(1) God is first (regardless of single, newlywed, or married).
(2) Husband/Wife is second over our choices, careers, and children.

"There are no shortcuts to building a happy marriage. There are only His rules--tried, true, and time tested" (page 14).

Genogram=to help see your generational curses via family. I may also have to do this w/ friends.

Chapter entitled "Put the Kingdom Above Boo
Olivia
I found this book in the library and was really excited. "Great! A book that will give me advice on dating with God in view!" But I have to admit, I was really disappointed. Although I think it was written with great ideas, I couldn't finish it; it was so dull. However, I think the book was aimed towards older audiences. (I didn't realize this until I was halfway through - this is nothing against the book).
Leslie
Jan 14, 2008 Leslie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: singles
Christian-centered guide on how to have a God-centered life in order to attract the right mate. The authors cite Bible verses and share their experiences. They give a lot of common sense advice that goes against mainstream America but that truly is the Christian way to meet the right person. This book is good for Christians who have not had luck dating and are ready to make a change.
Share❤
This will definitely open your eyes to what marriage is really all abouy. It was a good rude awakening for me.
Shannon
OMG! This book is sooo good I'm going out to buy it.
Catie Schlom
Catie Schlom marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Ebony Woods
Ebony Woods marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Ksenia Tsocheva
Ksenia Tsocheva is currently reading it
May 01, 2015
Eva Dagaas
Eva Dagaas marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Amélie Roberts
Amélie Roberts marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Tim James
Tim James marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
April Alcorn
April Alcorn marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Candice
Candice marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Kapeotua Rutina
Kapeotua Rutina marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Neelie Ramos
Neelie Ramos marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Darrah Grays
Darrah Grays is currently reading it
Sep 16, 2013
Jamie Hennessy
Jamie Hennessy marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013