Start by marking “When Uncle Took the Fiddle” as Want to Read:
When Uncle Took the Fiddle

When Uncle Took the Fiddle

Everyone is tired -- Grandma, Grandpa Mother and Brother. Even Brown Dog can't find the energy to move, until...Uncle takes the fiddle up off the wall. He plays a lively tune that not only gets the family going, but, before you know it, has everyone in the hollow clapping and dancing and joining in with music of their own.
Hardcover
Published September 1st 1999 by Orchard Books (NY)

To ask other readers questions about When Uncle Took the Fiddle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Uncle Took the Fiddle

Emma Biays
Sep 22, 2014 Emma Biays rated it really liked it
When Uncle Took the Fiddle shows the importance and power of music, which I think is so important for kids. It also shows a close community and family that comes together to dance and make music. In addition, it gives some cultural diversity to children that aren't familiar with the south, from the subject matter and vocabulary. It also used onomatopoeias strategically, but the illustrations were dull.
Megan Dorcas
Sep 23, 2014 Megan Dorcas rated it it was amazing
This book is cool because it shows how much one person can change a situation. Everybody was tired and dozing off, then once the uncle began to play, the party had officially begun and everyone joined in. Kids would like this book because kids always love parties and they also spend time together as a family.
Barbara
Feb 07, 2009 Barbara rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books, music
This book illustrates the power of music to change moods and energy levels. When the book begins, everyone is the family is sleepy and settling down in various resting positions as if to nap. Then Uncle takes his fiddle and as he plays, everyone wakes up and by the end they were dancing, clapping, and having a wonderful time.
Kaycee Greenwood
Sep 22, 2014 Kaycee Greenwood rated it it was ok
The power music win amplified in the book. Once Uncle take a hold of the fiddle the mood the the book and the character changed. The fiddle brings the hold town to gather. I was not particularly a fan of the illustrations, although the book was written well.
Rachael
Sep 22, 2014 Rachael rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
I don't think I would introduce this to my class unless we had a lesson over music. I'm not a big fan of this book, but it was okay. I wish there was more of a story behind this picture book because the pictures are beautiful!
Sarah rated it really liked it
May 26, 2008
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2016
Cherie
Cherie rated it it was ok
Nov 11, 2016
Pinky
Pinky rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2013
Leo and Ian
Leo and Ian rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2014
Courtney
Courtney rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2014
Erica
Erica rated it it was ok
Dec 05, 2016
Edelind
Edelind rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2015
Kayla Jane
Jun 18, 2012 Kayla Jane rated it liked it
I wasn't too crazy about this book.
Suz
Suz rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2010
Pat Morris
Pat Morris rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2015
ah
ah rated it it was ok
Sep 29, 2014
Jourdan
Jourdan rated it liked it
May 18, 2014
Kathy
Kathy added it
Apr 30, 2012
Krissy
Krissy added it
Mar 20, 2013
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Alexandra Nelms
Alexandra Nelms marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Madison Armbrester
Madison Armbrester marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Melaine
Melaine marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016