Start by marking “Cat Traps” as Want to Read:
Cat Traps

Cat Traps (Step into Reading, Step 1)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  88 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Cat wants a snack.Cat sets a trap.Cat gets...in trouble!Simple sentences and snappy illustrations make this a purr-fect first step into the joy of reading. ...more
Published February 20th 1996 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Cat Traps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cat Traps

A cute story about all the things a cat will do to get food, and how they can present problems. Since it involves familiar animals, like pigs, fish, and dogs, the words and story are easy to understand for early readers.
Jill
This is an easy read but well loved by first graders. They love to read it with expression.
Pam
Clearly the best cat trap is cuddling up to the cat owner for some food!
PWRL
Jun 23, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
SM
Angie Kohout
Plot: A cat sets out on a quest to find a snack and finds all kinds of folly along the way.

Setting: United States

Characters: Cat, various other animals

Point-of view: Third person.

Theme: No specific theme.

Style: Repetition.
Dolly
Mar 19, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2009, childrens, pets, rhyming
This is a great story for introducing reading fundamentals to young children. There are fun, colorful illustrations and simple, rhyming and repetitive narrative that they will understand and be able to read with little to no assistance. Our youngest really enjoyed reading this book, even more so because she read some of it herself! We've read this one a couple of times.
Sandi
Silly, charming and the perfect read aloud for young cat lovers who want to see if Cat will ever get that snack! This level 1 Ready to Read book has rhyming text, picture clues to help stuck readers and a fun, funny, furry feline to ensure they'll want to keep turning the pages.
Breeun
This was a darling book for my six year old son to read. We laughed at the mishaps the cat had during his adventures throughout the story. I bought this book for Kindle, and the pictures are pretty small, but that's par for the course so I wasn't disappointed or surprised.
Kim
simple sentences, rhyming text, colorful illustrations, funny

themes: cats, food
Tam
This book has a lot of repetition so it's great for early readers.
Theresa
early reader, cute story
Brent
Big fun for our early reader.
Kim
Jan 16, 2013 Kim rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kim by: Lily
Funny
Marite Vazquez
Marite Vazquez marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Shirley
Shirley marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Step into Reading, Step 1 (1 - 10 of 40 books)
  • Sleepy Dog
  • Big Egg
  • The Snowball (Step-Into-Reading, Step 1)
  • Bear Hugs
  • Hot Dog
  • I Like Bugs
  • Sunshine, Moonshine
  • Wheels!
  • Elmo Says Achoo! (Sesame Street)
  • Jungle Friends (Disney Jungle Book)
Big Egg Hot Dog 6 Sticks (Step Into Reading + Math: (Early Hardcover)) Bunny and the Beast The Great Snake Escape