Start by marking “Curious George and the Dump Truck” as Want to Read:
Curious George and the Dump Truck

Curious George and the Dump Truck (Curious George New Adventures)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  662 ratings  ·  37 reviews
Published October 25th 1999 by HMH Books (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Curious George and the Dump Truck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curious George and the Dump Truck

midnightfaerie
Another Curious George book my 5 yr old loved reading. When I ask him which C.G. book he likes best he gets mad at me and tells me he likes them all 100%. So there you have it. It's around a level 1 reading level. My 5 yr old has to read everyday, and these he doesn't mind reading on his own because he likes them so much. A great addition to any C.G. collection.
Sonia
This monkey needs to get some type of consequence.....
Patricia
Samantha
Feb 25, 2012 Samantha rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Samantha by: Alexandria
Curious George as always, cannot help but be curious and stir things up a little. This time, our adventure involves George, a dump truck(of course), some ducks and a pond. What could possibly go wrong but end up right?? =)
Liane Marie
My son adores this book in which George follows his curiosity to a dump truck. Every bookstore in Israel seems to have English language copies of “Curious George and the Dump Truck,” which is also featured in the Hebrew version of the anthology, “A Treasury of Curious George” (אוצר הסיפורים של ג'ורג' הסקרן).
Angie
Synopsis: "Curious about the big truck next door, George takes a closer look. He wants to see how it works. Before long he finds that one little lever can mean great big trouble! But George quickly puts his monkey ingenuity to work and finds a surprising solution to his messy mishap."

My Review: Munchkin really enjoyed this one, it not only had George but also a dump truck. I do find it a little disconcerting that every mistake George makes just works out fine, there are no repercussions for not
Miri Mandel
I like this book because it's like all the other ones and I like the thing about it best is because he goes inside the water with the dirt from his dump truck and I think it's cool because he stepped on something and the dirt started going down.
Alexandria
Feb 25, 2012 Alexandria rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Patricia King and Samantha King
Recommended to Alexandria by: Myself
Ashlyn Barker
This is a cute book about the adventures of the ever curious George. It would make a great read aloud for young students or independent reading for 1-3 grade.
April Smith
This is a good book to help build children's schema. There are several opportunities to allow children to ask and answer questions.
Amanda
Oh my. Curious George AND dump trucks together?! Sawyer is in heaven! That's like chocolate and peanut butter together!
Melina Kinder
It's not my favorite Curious George but it's still cute. He helps make the park better for the ducks
Enoch
Jul 17, 2007 Enoch rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone should read this book
Dump trucks are big and fun, but can also be dangerous. You should never drive a dump truck alone or without the driver. I might also add that although monkeys have been in space, a dump truck is no place for them. curiosity can be a very dangerous thing, and get you into heaps of trouble. For all you young'ens out there, you would do well to learn from curious george how to avoid the hazards of heavy construction equipment. And remeber this... there is not always a man in a large brimmed yellow ...more
Rosa Cline
This was another fun-favorite George book. He follows ducks to the park. And in his curious way he accidentally gets into a dump truck and hits the level to lower the dirt. Although he's having fun with the dirt dumping; when the workers come back from lunch they see he's made a mess....BUT before they can really get onto him Momma duck and her babies have made the pile of dirt their home as an island in the lake! A cute book! And as always illustrations are wonderful!
Jessica Howard
Yup, that George is at it again. This time he is so curious about a dump truck at the park that he climbs inside, and upends its load into a pond. Luckily for George the ducks like the new dirt pile, and make it their island, so everyone is happy. There's this great line that says, "What could be better than a truck full of dirt?" Lots of things George, lots of things.
Alexander The Triumphant
George was playing with his toys and then he heard a quack. Not only one quack, another, and another, and another, and another. And he kept hearing quacks. At first he had a little bit of trouble. And then he was waddling after mother duck, too. That's it. I liked this book because there is a truck. -by Alexander
Deborah Harris
Dec 28, 2013 Deborah Harris added it
Shelves: ar-2, a28
AR Quiz No. 36641 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 2.9 - AR Pts: 0.5
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, VP
Elizabeth S
One of the better of the newer Curious Georges. Of course George is too curious, and something bad happens, but then it turns out to be not all that bad. Hmm, maybe these books should also be used for looking on the bright side of things.
Rachel
I really like the curious george books and always read them as a child. I think this one is a great story to read in a kindergarten or 1st grade classroom.
Courtney
This is one of the better Curious George books for the very young. Some of them tend to be too long to keep everyone's attention.
Sam
Curious George is always a 5 star book--even when it sucks, it's still better than EVERYTHING else. (According to Sam).
Truman Green
All curious George books according to Truman's view are 5 stars. He loves and is obsessed about curious george
Ginny
We really enjoyed this one at bedtime last night. Will absolutely adores Curious George books.
Shala Howell
What The Five-Year-Old Thought: "He makes the pond for the ducks so that they have an island."
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
So he does good, but who really leaves key in a dump truck and walks off
Shelley
There's a dump truck in this book... what more needs to be said?
Elizabeth
Catherine loves monkeys, ducks, and trucks, so this book is a winner.
Emily
One of my favorites of the curious George adventures.
Tori
this monkey likes to get into any trouble he can!
Dwayne Keller
Another fun blast from the past.
  • Curious George's Are You Curious?
  • Arthur's First Sleepover (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Froggy's First Kiss
  • When Will It Be Spring?
  • Froggy's Baby Sister
  • Clifford and the Big Storm (Clifford)
  • Mouse's First Spring
  • The Berenstain Bears Go on Vacation
  • Just My Friend and Me (Little Critter)
  • Just a Little Sick (Little Critter)
  • Boats
  • Five Little Monkeys Wash the Car
  • Three Cheers for Tacky
  • Fancy Nancy: Spectacular Spectacles
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar
More about Margret Rey...

Curious George New Adventures (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Curious George Goes to the Aquarium
  • Curious George Goes Fishing
  • Curious George at the Fire Station
  • Curious George at the Ballet
  • Curious George Goes Sledding
The Complete Adventures of Curious George Curious George Goes to the Hospital Curious George Visits the Library Curious George Visits the Zoo Curious George Flies a Kite