Start by marking “Curious George and the Dump Truck” as Want to Read:
Curious George and the Dump Truck

Curious George and the Dump Truck (Curious George New Adventures)

Published October 25th 1999 by HMH Books (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Curious George and the Dump Truck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curious George and the Dump Truck

midnightfaerie
Aug 15, 2013 midnightfaerie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Another Curious George book my 5 yr old loved reading. When I ask him which C.G. book he likes best he gets mad at me and tells me he likes them all 100%. So there you have it. It's around a level 1 reading level. My 5 yr old has to read everyday, and these he doesn't mind reading on his own because he likes them so much. A great addition to any C.G. collection.
Patty
Mar 15, 2012 Patty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-picture
Samantha
Feb 25, 2012 Samantha rated it liked it
Recommended to Samantha by: Alexandria
Curious George as always, cannot help but be curious and stir things up a little. This time, our adventure involves George, a dump truck(of course), some ducks and a pond. What could possibly go wrong but end up right?? =)
Sonia
Feb 14, 2015 Sonia rated it liked it
Shelves: tutoring-books
This monkey needs to get some type of consequence.....
Catherine T. Mohs
Dec 31, 2016 Catherine T. Mohs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, childrens
These funny little books never cease to make me laugh! These were my little brother's favorites when he was young.
Alexandria
Dec 18, 2011 Alexandria rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Patricia King and Samantha King
Recommended to Alexandria by: Myself
Shelves: picture-books
Angie
Nov 11, 2014 Angie rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
Synopsis: "Curious about the big truck next door, George takes a closer look. He wants to see how it works. Before long he finds that one little lever can mean great big trouble! But George quickly puts his monkey ingenuity to work and finds a surprising solution to his messy mishap."

My Review: Munchkin really enjoyed this one, it not only had George but also a dump truck. I do find it a little disconcerting that every mistake George makes just works out fine, there are no repercussions for not
Enoch
Jul 17, 2007 Enoch rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone should read this book
Dump trucks are big and fun, but can also be dangerous. You should never drive a dump truck alone or without the driver. I might also add that although monkeys have been in space, a dump truck is no place for them. curiosity can be a very dangerous thing, and get you into heaps of trouble. For all you young'ens out there, you would do well to learn from curious george how to avoid the hazards of heavy construction equipment. And remeber this... there is not always a man in a large brimmed yellow ...more
Rosa Cline
Jan 21, 2014 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
This was another fun-favorite George book. He follows ducks to the park. And in his curious way he accidentally gets into a dump truck and hits the level to lower the dirt. Although he's having fun with the dirt dumping; when the workers come back from lunch they see he's made a mess....BUT before they can really get onto him Momma duck and her babies have made the pile of dirt their home as an island in the lake! A cute book! And as always illustrations are wonderful!
Marya
Nov 29, 2015 Marya rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Curious George plus Dump Truck plus little ducks. How is that not a winner? I loved how George thinks it would be so cool to sit in a dump truck (like most children I know), but when he actually sits down, he realizes that he can't reach the pedals or even see out of the windshield! I wouldn't have called this series out on quashing a daydream with a reality check, but the fact that it did it in a humorous way made it all the more impressive.
Jessica Howard
Jan 30, 2013 Jessica Howard rated it really liked it
Yup, that George is at it again. This time he is so curious about a dump truck at the park that he climbs inside, and upends its load into a pond. Luckily for George the ducks like the new dirt pile, and make it their island, so everyone is happy. There's this great line that says, "What could be better than a truck full of dirt?" Lots of things George, lots of things.
Jasmine from How Useful It Is
My 3 year old loves Curious George. He watches all TV shows on all 6 seasons on Netflix. He watches many reruns on TV. Recently I bought him about 15 different books. He learns a lot from it. Great series, books and TV shows. He enjoys this book tonight. I read him 5 curious George books a night. He likes me to read and re-read them for him.
Liane Marie
May 04, 2015 Liane Marie rated it it was amazing
My son adores this book in which George follows his curiosity to a dump truck. Every bookstore in Israel seems to have English language copies of “Curious George and the Dump Truck,” which is also featured in the Hebrew version of the anthology, “A Treasury of Curious George” (אוצר הסיפורים של ג'ורג' הסקרן).
Alexander The Triumphant
Jan 18, 2012 Alexander The Triumphant rated it it was amazing
George was playing with his toys and then he heard a quack. Not only one quack, another, and another, and another, and another. And he kept hearing quacks. At first he had a little bit of trouble. And then he was waddling after mother duck, too. That's it. I liked this book because there is a truck. -by Alexander
Elizabeth S
Sep 23, 2011 Elizabeth S rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: f-picture
One of the better of the newer Curious Georges. Of course George is too curious, and something bad happens, but then it turns out to be not all that bad. Hmm, maybe these books should also be used for looking on the bright side of things.
Jenn Swanson
Sep 01, 2016 Jenn Swanson rated it really liked it
Shelves: quickie, fiction, children
George is a monkey. He comes across a dump truck and being the naturally curious monkey he is ends up causing a huge mess. Fortunately George is also the luckiest monkey ever because he always manages to get out of trouble. My daughter enjoyed this story as did I. Would recommend.
The Brothers
George once again causes a great deal of mischief by dumping out a truck full of dirt in the pond at the park. But as usual, his naughtiness ends up make things better.

Typical H.A. Rey illustrations.
Miri Mandel
Sep 24, 2014 Miri Mandel rated it liked it
I like this book because it's like all the other ones and I like the thing about it best is because he goes inside the water with the dirt from his dump truck and I think it's cool because he stepped on something and the dirt started going down.
Courtney
This is one of the better Curious George books for the very young. Some of them tend to be too long to keep everyone's attention.
Truman Green
Jul 14, 2011 Truman Green rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All curious George books according to Truman's view are 5 stars. He loves and is obsessed about curious george
Deborah Harris
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, VP
Sam
Aug 14, 2013 Sam rated it it was amazing
Shelves: animals, george
Curious George is always a 5 star book--even when it sucks, it's still better than EVERYTHING else. (According to Sam).
Melina Kinder
Mar 19, 2014 Melina Kinder rated it liked it
It's not my favorite Curious George but it's still cute. He helps make the park better for the ducks
April Smith
This is a good book to help build children's schema. There are several opportunities to allow children to ask and answer questions.
Amanda
Jun 17, 2015 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-children
Oh my. Curious George AND dump trucks together?! Sawyer is in heaven! That's like chocolate and peanut butter together!
Rachel
Feb 12, 2013 Rachel rated it really liked it
I really like the curious george books and always read them as a child. I think this one is a great story to read in a kindergarten or 1st grade classroom.
Ashlyn Barker
This is a cute book about the adventures of the ever curious George. It would make a great read aloud for young students or independent reading for 1-3 grade.
Valerie Baldwin
Valerie Baldwin rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2014
Kim Badenbach
Kim Badenbach rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2013
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2010
  • Curious George and the Rocket
  • Arthur's First Sleepover (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • When Will It Be Spring?
  • Froggy's First Kiss
  • Clifford and the Big Storm (Clifford)
  • United Tweets of America: 50 State Birds, Their Stories, Their Glories
  • Mouse's First Spring
  • The Berenstain Bears Go on Vacation
  • Fancy Nancy: Spectacular Spectacles
  • Boats
  • Just My Friend and Me (Little Critter)
  • I Spy Little Book
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar
More about Margret Rey...

Curious George New Adventures (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Curious George Goes to the Aquarium