Start by marking “Curious George and the Birthday Surprise (Curious George New Adventures)” as Want to Read:
Curious George and the Birthday Surprise (Curious George New Adventures)

Curious George and the Birthday Surprise (Curious George New Adventures)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  311 ratings  ·  14 reviews
When the man with the yellow hat tells George that he is planning a surprise, of course George is curious. Before long George finds a hat, noisemakers, decorations, and games. It must be a birthday! But whose birthday is it? That’s the surprise!

This paperback edition now includes a maze and a birthday vocabulary seek-and-find.
Published September 22nd 2003 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published August 31st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Curious George and the Birthday Surprise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curious George and the Birthday Surprise

Brittany Steadman
This version of Curious George is one of my favorites. I love the storyline and how the man with the yellow hat introduces George to what birthdays are by throwing him a surprise party. This could definitely be useful when parents are introducing the idea of birthdays to young children. I also loved how the illustrations remain true to the originals.
My toddler loves Curious George!
a smart monkey's birthday.
May 19, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
Rosa Cline
This was a cute George book, he didn't know anything about birthday's or parties...however when the friend with the yellow hat tells him there will be a surprise and it ends up being George's birthday with all his friends he loves it! One of the better Curious George books, in my opinion.
I actually liked this better than the original story. Its cute and mischievous, without any of the less sensitive moments. And the best part is its a great introduction to birthdays or birthday parties. Wish I has this much sooner for Natalie.
Kristin Fletcher-spear
Dr. office read. Emma enjoyed this so much it was ridiculous. Every time she saw the dogs she got so excited. She worked at them, patted them, and just loved them.
Shala Howell
What The Five-Year-Old Thought: "I like it. I love it bc Curious George's birthday and he got a birthday cake from the man in the yellow hat."
Celebrate Georges surprise birthday adventure in this amazing George book.
I just want to know how they know when Curious George's birthday is.
continues the story of the cute little monkey who moves to the city
Never leave supplies out with a monkey around
Jan 27, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
Sharon Oslin
Sharon Oslin marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Shannon marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2015
Rachel added it
Sep 08, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Renee marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
  • Curious George Visits a Toy Store (Curious George New Adventures)
  • Mouse's First Spring
  • Angelina's Birthday
  • Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
  • One Mole Digging A Hole
  • Farmyard Beat
  • The Christmas Story
  • White Rabbit's Color Book
Hans Augusto Rey was born on September 16, 1898, in Hamburg, Germany. He grew up there near the world-famous Hagenbeck Zoo, and developed a lifelong love for animals and drawing. Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein (who would be known to most of the world as Margret Rey) was also born in Hamburg on May 16, 1906. The two met briefly when Margret was a young girl, before she left Hamburg to study art. The ...more
More about H.A. Rey...

Curious George New Adventures (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Curious George Goes to the Aquarium
  • Curious George and the Dump Truck
  • Curious George Goes Fishing
  • Curious George at the Fire Station
  • Curious George at the Ballet
Curious George Curious George Rides a Bike Curious George Takes a Job Curious George Gets a Medal Curious George Learns the Alphabet