Start by marking “Curious George in the Snow” as Want to Read:
Curious George in the Snow

Curious George in the Snow (Curious George New Adventures)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  386 ratings  ·  18 reviews
George and the man with the yellow hat enjoy watching the winter sports competition. When they stop to warm up with some cocoa, George's curiosity about the racing equipment leads to some wild rides up and down the slopes. He creates quite a stir at the resort, and may even create a new sport! The adventures of Curious George continue in an all-new series beginning in fall ...more
Published October 26th 1998 by HMH Books (first published December 31st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Curious George in the Snow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curious George in the Snow

Salah satu buku anak2 berbahasa Jepang yang pertama saya baca. Judul versi bahasa Jepangnya lumayan berbeda, "おさるのジョージスキーをする" (George si monyet, bermain ski).

Sejujurnya bukunya agak bahaya ya kalau dibaca oleh anak2, soalnya si George ini selalu saja beruntung untuk mengelak dari tanggung jawab. Pertama kali baca, saya kaget, sampai bertanya2, "Seriusan nih, buku anak2 Jepang ngajarin yang beginian?"
Ohh.. ternyata buku terjemahan. Yo wis, saya langsung mingkem ga protes lagi :D

Kisah kali ini ten
How I love teaching my boys about a lack of consequence! It's ok that George messed up the skier's race because the skier won the next race! Kids are not as dumb as some people think. My boys thought George would have been in trouble if the skier had not won the second race. My five-year-old did not think this made sense and he is correct. I know, curious George sacrilege.
Rosa Cline
This is a good 'classic' Curious George book. George is a monkey that often times (always) gets into some sort of adventure-trouble. His curiosity about life around him sometimes overwhelms him. He and the man with the yellow hat goes on a skiing trip. George hasn't ever done something like that before. He experiences skiing, sledding, and snowboarding and never really knows what he's doing. But he has fun and makes friends all the while.
Curious George goes on a trip to a ski resort and his curiosity gets the better of him. His trips down the mountain are pretty crazy and quite dangerous but good old George is able to get through them all with no scrapes or bruises. My son's favorite part is when George mistook a pizza pan for a small sled. He thought it was the silliest thing ever.
My 3 year old loves Curious George. He watches all TV shows on all 6 seasons on Netflix. He watches many reruns on TV. Recently I bought him about 15 different books. He learns a lot from it. Great series, books and TV shows. He enjoys this book tonight. I read him 5 curious George books a night. He likes me to read and re-read them for him.
Synopsis: "George and the man with the yellow hat enjoy watching the winter sports competition. When they stop to warm up with some cocoa, George's curiosity about the racing equipment leads to some wild rides up and down the slopes. He creates quite a stir at the resort, and may even create a new sport!"

My Review: I don't know what the difference is with this book and the other curious George books we have read but it didn't have the same feel and it didn't capture Munchkin's interest the way t
Mary Hand
I enjoyed this book ever since I was a kid Curious George has been so much fun to read. It is a book about a little monkey who is always getting into trouble.
The man in the yellow hat says, "I'll be right back, so don't get into any trouble." I just roll my eyes... isn't this how all the Curious George stories go? You'd think this guy would have learned by now. I can't help but be aggravated by how a disruptive and destructive pet (also applies to a misbehaving child) receives applause at the end of the story as everything somehow works out for the best.

And then there's the problem about the "monkey" not having a tail (click here to see an educationa
Great artwork, stupid story -- sorry Curious George fans.
May 21, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-new
It's a fairly typical George story, man in yellow hat leaves him alone thinking he'll stay put. But it's not actually by Margaret and H.A. Rey. It's done in their style and I feel this should be clearly printed on the cover.
Olson Family Matters
Madelyn kept wanting to read this one, but the story was just not up to par with other Curious George stories in my opinion.
Good for Curious George enthusiasts but not great as a standalone story (or as a read-aloud for storytime either).
Frank really liked this story, especially when George crashes into the pole.
Erroll Treslan
A great story that is well enjoyed by little skiers and snowboarders.
continues the story of the cute little monkey who moves to the city
This series is always a hit!
  • Curious George and the Bunny
  • Spot Can Count (Color): First Edition
  • Sergei Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf: With a Fully-Orchestrated and Narrated CD
  • Bones, Bones, Dinosaur Bones
  • This Is New York
  • We All Went On Safari
  • The Alphabet Book (Bright & Early Board Books)
  • Froggy Rides a Bike
  • One Little, Two Little, Three Little Pilgrims
  • Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born
  • Stop, Train, Stop! a Thomas the Tank Engine Story (Thomas & Friends)
  • Pig Kahuna
  • 10 Little Rubber Ducks
  • Plumply, Dumply Pumpkin
  • Biscuit Meets the Class Pet
  • Mouse's First Spring
  • Click, Clack, Splish, Splash: A Counting Adventure
  • Swing!: A Scanimation Picture Book
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar
More about Margret Rey...

Curious George New Adventures (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Curious George Goes to the Aquarium