Start by marking “Someone To Love” as Want to Read:
Someone To Love

Someone To Love (Montgomery/Taggert #10)

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,557 Ratings  ·  269 Reviews
Jude Deveraux, the author of 'First Impressions' and 'Wild Orchids', presents her highly anticipated new book, an emotionally charged romance about a man coming to terms with his wife's tragic suicide.
Paperback
Published January 1st 2008 by Pocket Books (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Someone To Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Someone To Love

Liz B
Jan 14, 2008 Liz B rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, paranormal
What has happened to Jude Deveraux? She used to write such great books...the last few I've read by her have been mediocre at best. Maybe she has a different editor, or she's enough of a bestseller that she doesn't really get edited anymore...

Anyway, the writing was creaky, the characters boring, the romance anemic, and the mystery stupid. Honestly, romance writers need to stay away from mystery, if the only way they can think to solve it is to introduce completely new, unforeshadowed twists and
bookczuk
A quick little mystery with a building romance (with no heaving bosoms or manly hardness and furred chests, thank goodness). I needed something like this to help get me through a weekend illness. the only part that bugged me was the reason the 2 ghosts were hanging around at the very end, and what made them finally happy. That was trite, IMO.

From the Publisher

Liz
Jan 20, 2008 Liz rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-reads-2008
Jude Deveraux is one of my "must read" authors, in that whenever I see a new paperback with her name on it I pick it up. I may have to rethink that after this last one. I don't expect great literary backflips, but I do expect a fun, engaging romance novel with characters that I care about and an interesting story. This novel delivers neither, as the storyline is rushed through so quickly you feel as thow Deveraux is just tossing the plot points at you, rather than letting you experience the acti ...more
Doc
Nov 26, 2009 Doc rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Simply Audio sent this to me by mistake. I listen to audio books during my commute and had nothing else to listen to at the time, so I listened whilst Simply Audio worked on sending me the correct audio book. Definitely not my kind of book. Definitely not my kind of genre. One of those rich-American-inherits-the-English-mansion-that-is-haunted-by-a-beautiful-woman-with-a-tragic-story romances that is so far away from the sort o book I enjoy that I can't provide a useful review for people who do ...more
Marissa
Jul 10, 2009 Marissa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Why I'm even bothering to call this romance, is beyond me.... no sex, none! No romance- just a kind of ghost hunt... seriously- WTF? Jude? I dropped off reading her stuff after they got too repetative and lame about 5 years ago. I'll give her that this plot line was different from every other one I've read- but it's not calling me back to the fold anytime soon. Will be taking another 5 year break from her again.
Filipa
Esta é a minha estreia com a autora Jude Deveraux, apesar de ter mais dois livros dela na estante para serem lidos. Estava mesmo a apetecer-me ler um romance com uma nota leve de mistério e pela sinopse, este livro parecia ser perfeito para o meu actual estado de espírito. Não é segredo nenhum que o meu género literário favorito é o policial e se tiver algum romance à mistura, ainda melhor.
Por isso mesmo estava com expectativas de gostar bastante deste livro, que fazia recordar as belas leitura
Ana Luisa
Oct 14, 2011 Ana Luisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ultimamente tenho dado prioridade a novos autores, bem, novos na minha estante, desta vez foi Jude Deveraux.
Já tinha ouvido falar desta autora, através do seu livro “Jardim de Alfazema”, mas ainda não tinha tido hipótese de ler nenhuma obra dela, mas no outro dia ao visitar um supermercado, encontrei o livro “Alguém para amar” com promoção de 40% e resolvi aproveitar.
Comprei e não estou nada arrependida por tê-lo feito. Se todos os romances da autora forem tão bons como este, então não tenho duv
Angela Moxon
This is the 5th Jude Deveraux book I've read and since I adored the past 4 I cracked this one open with enthusiasm. When I finally finished I had mixed feelings. I did like the story for the most part, but there were just some parts that didn't really make much sense and seemed kinda tossed in to just finish it up fast. Almost like the plot got veered off where the author wanted it to go and so she had to just make up something to tie it all up at the end. It didn't really make sense.

From here o
Sara
Sep 29, 2012 Sara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Jace Montgomery é nos apresentado como um homem cuja vida se confronta com a dor de um passado recente no qual perdeu a sua noiva num suposto suicído cuja explicação o move em direcção a um mistério numa pequena Aldeia Inglesa.
Americano de Nascensa e pouco habituado aos rituais Ingleses, adquire uma casa cujo passado e presente é assombrado por um fantasma...mas quem acredita neles??? Jace descobre que para além de estes afinal existirem existe algo que o impele em ajudar o fantasma de uma rapar
Sandra
Peguei neste livro quase como se de uma necessidade se tratasse.
Precisava urgentemente de um livro ligeiro, romântico e sentimentalista que contrariasse a seriedade e o ritmo dos meus últimos dias. E foi quase isso que encontrei...

O livro começa com a apresentação de Jace Montgomery e do seu drama.

A poucos dias do casamento, a sua linda noiva americana Stacy viaja até à Inglaterra para se encontrar com alguém num casarão vazio e supostamente assombrado e aparece morta. Quase toda a gente supõe q
Marcia  Haskell
'After three years, Jace Montgomery is still grieving over his fiancée Stacy's mysterious suicide. He hasn't been interested in another woman since her passing, and her family still blames him for her death. While flipping through one of her old paperbacks, Jace discovers a photo of a house stuck between the pages, bearing the cryptic message, "Ours again. Together forever. See you there." The note was dated the day before her death. Obsessed by the possibility of understanding Stacy's suicide, ...more
Luci Haftner
A autora teve todos os ingredientes para transformar esse livro numa obra. Tinha amor, suspense, tragédia e até um pouco de espiritismo. Porém apesar dela ter tido todos os ingredientes em mãos, não foi o suficiente, ao meu ver, para prender a atenção do leitor. O livro tornou-se como mais um qualquer, sem emoção e com um começo longo que martelava a mesma idéia em quase todos os parágrafos do primeiro capítulo.
Mariazita
Feb 02, 2016 Mariazita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorei a história que nos escreve Jude Deveraux, uma mistura de romance, mistério e fantasmas.
E absolutamente encantadora e romântica não só a história de amor de outros tempos, assim como a que começa com Jace e Nigel , e como ele descobre o mistério da morte de Stacy.
Um livro bem á minha medida que adoro ler sobre mistérios do passado.
Um livro que se lê rapidamente e que encanta.
Anna
The Montgomery/Taggert series is one of my favorite in romance novels; as a rule, any Deveraux book that features a Montgomery or Taggert will always get at least a 3-star rating from me (The exception to the rule being the "Forever and Always" series - for some reason, the 2nd and 3rd books grated like nails on a blackboard for me).

That having been said, "Someone to Love" was like eating M&M's when I was hoping for Cadbury mini-eggs. Tasted good, but less filling. The characters were predic
July
Aug 26, 2008 July rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home-library
Another Montgomery family book yipee!!
I Loved this book.
Jace Montgomery lost the woman he loved and was to marry 3 years before. He is now on a mission to solve the mystery of her suicide. He does not believe for a minute that Stacey was unhappy enough to have committed suicide. There is now a clue that is sending him to England.
Jace buys a huge monstroicitity of a estate in England called Priorty House. Part of the Estate houses Nigh's little cottage. Nigh actually writes a very nasty article a
Pumpernickel
Jul 25, 2009 Pumpernickel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008
I have never read a book with a title that was so WRONG to it as this one. It should have been called 'The Ghosts of Priory House' OR 'Stacy' OR 'The Suicide of Stacy' OR anything else BUT 'Someone to Love'... (Eyes rolling...) It's a book that anyone interested in mysteries would enjoy !

I started reading this one at a friend's insistence, and she was right: the story has nothing to do with the sugary title... Gosh !

And the characters are reasonably well built too. it's a book for which I'd give
Xana
Feb 09, 2016 Xana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A pontuação justa seriam 2,5*. Não chega às 3º pois não seria justo para muitas e boas 3* que dei entretanto.
Esta foi a minha estreia com Jude Deveraux e confesso que não me encantou!! Talvez as expectativas fossem demasiado altas.
Falta algo na história, a meio tornou-se um pouco chato e o final do livro é completamente apressado...
Ainda me diverti em algumas partes e a escrita é boazinha, por isso ainda quero dar uma oportunidade a outro livro da autora.
Um romancezinho, com um toque de sobren
Andreia Silva
Apr 26, 2015 Andreia Silva rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fascinante.. Prendi até a última página ...
Caro
Espantoso libro. ¿Qué pasó con Jude Deveraux? Lo tengo en formato ebook, pero si lo tuviera en físico me habría llevado una gran desilusión por gastar dinero en semejante porquería. Las descripciones, aburridas. Los protagonistas, inaguantables. La historia, increíblemente densa. El final te deja con esa sensación dual de "qué bueno que por fin acabó" y "qué manera horrible de perder el tiempo". Una estrella me parece incluso demasiado generosa...
Megumi
Jun 11, 2014 Megumi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Nunca me había sentido tan estafada por una portada y un resumen.

Sabía que era un libro romántico contemporáneo (no me gustan mucho, pero alguna que otra vez leo uno), pero el argumento me había llamado mucho la atención, leí los comentarios de otros lectores y también disfruté los primeros capítulos. Sin embargo, (view spoiler)
Shannan
Jul 28, 2008 Shannan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I don’t read trashy romance tripe, but I have been a long-time reader of Jude Deveraux’s work. They are romances at heart, but she writes great dialogue, witty and fast paced. She has written probably 20 books with characters all in the same family, from the 1100’s on to current day. This one had a ghost story and a mystery and was a good, quick read (in one day). It’s not heavy literature, but very enjoyable.
Devi Barcena
This book is a mix of paranormal, a little crime and romance all rolled into one. However, I felt that the end has lost whatever depth the characters had tried to show because of the paranormal ingredient. Nevertheless, it was entertaining enough for me.
Diane
Mar 08, 2011 Diane rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not one of my favs - I really enjoy a great mystery with a little romance, this was opposite of that - it was a bad mystery with a whole lot of eye rolling romance with a "you have got to be kidding" ending.
Susana
Jan 17, 2012 Susana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disasters, para-troca
First and last book that i will ever read by this author.
Weak story, weak characters and a creepy finale.
Never thought that someone would think, that being "possessed" by a ghost would be romantic.
Amy
May 16, 2016 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got to 4 chapters left and couldn't finish it. Seemed to sort of drag on and not get to the point of why the ghosts where there and what they wanted fast enough.
Diana Barbosa
Jan 08, 2012 Diana Barbosa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leituras-de-2009
É um excelente livro com romance e mistério. Personagens bem construídas. Um livro que me prendeu até ao final ansiosa por descobrir a solução do mistério.
Gen
Nov 03, 2012 Gen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-as-ebook
It was a slow beginning with no real love story they just love eachother straight away and the ending was super weak and kinda icky
Diana
Mar 04, 2016 Diana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Murder mystery and ghost story. Jace is convinced his late fiancée was murdered, not a suicide as claimed by authorities and her family. In an effort to find out the true cause of Stacy's death he flies to England and goes to the village of Margate to investigate, going so far as to purchase the old estate which he believes is somehow connected to her death. At the estate he encounters the ghost of a former inhabitant.of the.mansion. He believes that this apparition holds the key to the mystery ...more
Raquel Leite
Opinião em breve

Um inicio muito bom, um meio um pouco chato...que raio morreu a mulher :|
o final, pronto...
Lara Ct

Foi o 1º livro que li de Jude, e adorei! :)
Fiquei fã mesmo; ja tenho outros dela à espera de serem lidos! ;)
Más libros para Latinoamérica!! 1 1 Jul 26, 2015 08:19AM
  • A Holiday of Love (Westmoreland, #3.5)
  • One Red Rose (Rose, #4)
  • Home for the Holidays
  • Undone
  • Wild Jinx (Cajun, #7)
  • Lord of Raven's Peak (Viking, #3)
  • One Night Of Scandal (Fairleigh Sisters, #2)
  • Fulfillment
  • The Tycoon's Mistress
  • The Drifter
  • Scandalous Love (Bragg Saga, #6)
  • Royal's Child (The Justice Way, #3)
  • Bonkers
  • Fool Me Once
  • Once Upon a Midnight
  • The Price of a Bride
  • The Charmer (Seducers #3)
  • Sheer Pleasures
Jude Gilliam was born September 20, 1947 in Fairdale, Kentucky. She has a large extended family and is the elder sister of four brothers. She attended Murray State University and received a degree in Art. In 1967, Jude married and took her husband's surname of White, but four years later they divorced. For years, she worked as 5th-grade teacher.

She began writing in 1976, and published her first bo
More about Jude Deveraux...

Montgomery/Taggert (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • The Black Lyon (Montgomery/Taggert, #1)
  • The Duchess (Montgomery/Taggert, #2)
  • The Temptress (Montgomery/Taggert, #3)
  • The Raider (Montgomery/Taggert, #4)
  • Mountain Laurel (Montgomery/Taggert, #5)
  • Sweet Liar (Montgomery/Taggert, #6)
  • Wishes (Montgomery/Taggert, #7)
  • The Princess (Montgomery/Taggert, #8)
  • Eternity (Montgomery/Taggert, #9)
  • The Heiress (Montgomery/Taggart, #11)

“What I do know is that I can't hurt a ghost. I wish I could fall in love with Ann Stuart. I wish I could wed her and bed her and have children with her. I wish I could fill that huge house with little spirit children who would live forever and never die.” 11 likes