Start by marking “Pussyfoot (Midnight Louie Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Pussyfoot (Midnight Louie Mystery, #2)

Pussyfoot (Midnight Louie #2)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  612 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Midnight Louie is aprowl again--and the game is definitely afoot when petite public relations freelancer Temple Barr finds herself at a striptease convention, up to her spike heels in muscle-bound males, siliconed females...and murder. As Temple tracks the killer, Midnight Louie pursues his own investigation. Now that fading film star Savannah Ashleigh and the Divine Yvett ...more
Published January 15th 1994 by Tor Books (first published April 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Pussyfoot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pussyfoot

I made the mistake of reading some of the books from this series, out of order. I say 'mistake', as there are some plot points that arc over several books - specifically about the character of Max and his sudden disappearance from the protagonist's (Temple Barr) life. So I have decided to go back and start from the beginning and read the books in order.
This one centers on a Las Vegas strippers' competition, where several murders take place. Of course Midnight Louie is in the thick of things. I
Temple Barr and her 20 pound black cat, Midnight Louie, get caught up in another murder mystery. This time, Temple is working as a fill-in Public Relations Director for a Stripper Convention after the regular PR man has a heart attack following his discovery of the murdered body of one of the exotic dancers. Once again Temple spars with the abrasive Lieutenant Molina, but she becomes just a wee bit more human in this novel. The Stripper Convention is being picketed by an offended feminist, and t ...more
Dharia Scarab

4 sta
Kay Carlson
Loved it! I am a cat lover so am usually drawn to this type of book. Temple is a petite package of dynamite and Midnight Louie is a great sidekick. A fun read and will definitely read more in this series.
Edward Creter
I was "pussy-whipped" (no offense) after I read this book. It's either a mystery with Midnight Louie the cat detective, an expose into the world of Las Vegas "exotic dancers" or it's the one where heroine Temple Barr gets the "catshit" beat outa her, a rough scene which doesn't seem to have rhyme or reason and adds nothin to the case. I never expected a rape sequence in a series with so much promise. Think I'll purrsue (again, no offense) some other book featuring a detective in the form of an i ...more
Nandakishore Varma
I must say I was a little disappointed with this book. I bought it because I really liked a Midnight Louie story I happened to read: the protagonist's sardonic voice reminds one of Humphrey Bogart and the hard-boiled American private eye. In this novel also, Ms. Douglas's writing is as good as ever, but the mystery leaves much to be desired. And Louie's involvement is only marginal - he is more interested in running after the "divine" Yvette than solving mysteries!

I rate this book somewhere betw
Artemis Dgodess
This was the story I read first. I read some out of order, but this one got me hooked from the first. The mystery was so not what I thought, I always seem to figure out the ending before I get to it. I couldn't figure out the ending with this book, which is why I enjoyed it so much. If you like mysteries that you can't figure out the ending too I recommend this book. I seriously couldn't put it down.
Strippers Contest

The second in the series. Midnight Louie is black cat that adopted Temple Blair, PR in Los Vegas. He is capable of opening doors, and come Temple's aid when she in Trouble. This book Temple is PR at the Goliath for a strippers contest. The strippers are being MURDER and Temple and Louie need to find the answer before she loses her life.
What do a shoe fetish PR Temple Barr, a crisis hotline hottie, And a striptease compitition have in common... . Murder and Midnight Louie, that's what! Stir slowly, add in a little jealously, a dash of misdirection and you've got another great story in Sin City Las Vegas! Midnight Louie is on the prowl to save Temple again as only he can!
Fun, easy read for a lazy weekend afternoon at home. Was initially irritated by the sections from Midnight Louie's point of view, but they've grown on me and I'm now enjoying them. Only just started the series - will be interesting to see how/I they change as I get further along.
This is the second book in the Midnight Louie series. Since I read a few out of order, it is interesting to see just how different the early books were. The buildup to what I know is coming is still intriguing.
I picked this book up ages ago in my local bookstore's used book exchange area. It's ok so far, nothing out of the ordinary though. I finished this a few weeks ago. Still just ok as a mystery and story.
This is my second book of the Midnight Louie series. I'm enjoying the series, but they don't compare to the. Joe Grey and Dulcie series. But I definitely plan to continue with Midnight Louie!
Nice pulpy mindless read, with an SAT vocabulary. The blasts from the past (1993) are fascinating me as well.

Of course, I like the black cat more than any of the human characters.
My Rating System:
Tessa Eger
OK. Very dated in styles, etc. Temple Barr is Louie's "doll." She is a PR person who loves shoes...
Meg Mims
Kind of fun, not sure I like this as well as the last one. The cat's POV is really starting to annoy me.
i have enjoyed reading this series. quick easy reads. Good for a lazy weekend.
Love Midnight Louis.
Good story, dreadful "tailpiece", better characterization than Catnap
Midnight Louie
Petra Reagan
Petra Reagan marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
Michelle marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
Mary J
Mary J marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Maria marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Jackie Dawson
Jackie Dawson marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2015
Christine (KizzieReads)
Christine (KizzieReads) marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Emily marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
Ann marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
  • Pay Dirt (Mrs. Murphy, #4)
  • Cat Under Fire (Joe Grey, #2)
  • Short & Tall Tales: Moose County Legends Collected By James Mackintosh Qwilleran
Carole Nelson Douglas is the author of sixty award-winning novels in contemporary and historical mystery/suspense and romance, high and urban fantasy and science fiction genres. She is best known for two popular mystery series, the Irene Adler historical suspense novels and the 25-book Midnight Louie contemporary mystery series. Delilah Street, PI (Paranormal Investigator), headlines Carole's noir ...more
More about Carole Nelson Douglas...

Midnight Louie (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Catnap (Midnight Louie, #1)
  • Cat on a Blue Monday (Midnight Louie, #3)
  • Cat in a Crimson Haze (Midnight Louie, #4)
  • Cat in a Diamond Dazzle (Midnight Louie, #5)
  • Cat with an Emerald Eye (Midnight Louie, #6)
  • Cat in a Flamingo Fedora (Midnight Louie, #7)
  • Cat in a Golden Garland (Midnight Louie, #8)
  • Cat on a Hyacinth Hunt (Midnight Louie, #9)
  • Cat in an Indigo Mood (Midnight Louie, #10)
  • Cat in a Jeweled Jumpsuit (Midnight Louie, #11)