Pussyfoot (Midnight Louie Mystery, #2)

Pussyfoot (Midnight Louie #2)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  493 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Midnight Louie is aprowl again--and the game is definitely afoot when petite public relations freelancer Temple Barr finds herself at a striptease convention, up to her spike heels in muscle-bound males, siliconed females...and murder. As Temple tracks the killer, Midnight Louie pursues his own investigation. Now that fading film star Savannah Ashleigh and the Divine Yvett...more
Published January 15th 1994 by Tor Books (first published April 1st 1993)

Liora
Temple Barr and her 20 pound black cat, Midnight Louie, get caught up in another murder mystery. This time, Temple is working as a fill-in Public Relations Director for a Stripper Convention after the regular PR man has a heart attack following his discovery of the murdered body of one of the exotic dancers. Once again Temple spars with the abrasive Lieutenant Molina, but she becomes just a wee bit more human in this novel. The Stripper Convention is being picketed by an offended feminist, and t...more
Dharia Scarab

4 sta...more
Edward Creter
I was "pussy-whipped" (no offense) after I read this book. It's either a mystery with Midnight Louie the cat detective, an expose into the world of Las Vegas "exotic dancers" or it's the one where heroine Temple Barr gets the "catshit" beat outa her, a rough scene which doesn't seem to have rhyme or reason and adds nothin to the case. I never expected a rape sequence in a series with so much promise. Think I'll purrsue (again, no offense) some other book featuring a detective in the form of an i...more
Nandakishore Varma
I must say I was a little disappointed with this book. I bought it because I really liked a Midnight Louie story I happened to read: the protagonist's sardonic voice reminds one of Humphrey Bogart and the hard-boiled American private eye. In this novel also, Ms. Douglas's writing is as good as ever, but the mystery leaves much to be desired. And Louie's involvement is only marginal - he is more interested in running after the "divine" Yvette than solving mysteries!

I rate this book somewhere betw...more
Artemis Dgodess
This was the story I read first. I read some out of order, but this one got me hooked from the first. The mystery was so not what I thought, I always seem to figure out the ending before I get to it. I couldn't figure out the ending with this book, which is why I enjoyed it so much. If you like mysteries that you can't figure out the ending too I recommend this book. I seriously couldn't put it down.
Eyehavenofilter
What do a shoe fetish PR Temple Barr, a crisis hotline hottie, And a striptease compitition have in common... . Murder and Midnight Louie, that's what! Stir slowly, add in a little jealously, a dash of misdirection and you've got another great story in Sin City Las Vegas! Midnight Louie is on the prowl to save Temple again as only he can!
Lianakay
Fun, easy read for a lazy weekend afternoon at home. Was initially irritated by the sections from Midnight Louie's point of view, but they've grown on me and I'm now enjoying them. Only just started the series - will be interesting to see how/I they change as I get further along.
Erin
This is the second book in the Midnight Louie series. Since I read a few out of order, it is interesting to see just how different the early books were. The buildup to what I know is coming is still intriguing.
Sallie
I picked this book up ages ago in my local bookstore's used book exchange area. It's ok so far, nothing out of the ordinary though. I finished this a few weeks ago. Still just ok as a mystery and story.
Carol
This is my second book of the Midnight Louie series. I'm enjoying the series, but they don't compare to the. Joe Grey and Dulcie series. But I definitely plan to continue with Midnight Louie!
Radish
Nice pulpy mindless read, with an SAT vocabulary. The blasts from the past (1993) are fascinating me as well.

Of course, I like the black cat more than any of the human characters.
Tessa Eger
OK. Very dated in styles, etc. Temple Barr is Louie's "doll." She is a PR person who loves shoes...
Meg Mims
Kind of fun, not sure I like this as well as the last one. The cat's POV is really starting to annoy me.
Kristin
i have enjoyed reading this series. quick easy reads. Good for a lazy weekend.
Love Midnight Louis.
Helen
Good story, dreadful "tailpiece", better characterization than Catnap
Pat
Midnight Louie
Sharon
Sharon is currently reading it
Jul 29, 2014
Ana Singh
Ana Singh marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Nicole Green
Nicole Green marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Mrscmh
Mrscmh marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Michelle Potter
Michelle Potter marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Sally Bunnell
Sally Bunnell marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Kat Robinson
Kat Robinson marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
  • Pay Dirt (Mrs. Murphy, #4)
  • Cat on the Edge (Joe Grey #1)
  • A Novel Way to Die (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery, #2)
Carole Nelson Douglas is the author of sixty award-winning novels in contemporary and historical mystery/suspense and romance, high and urban fantasy and science fiction genres. She is best known for two popular mystery series, the Irene Adler historical suspense novels and the 25-book Midnight Louie contemporary mystery series. Delilah Street, PI (Paranormal Investigator), headlines Carole's noir...more
More about Carole Nelson Douglas...
Good Night, Mr. Holmes (Irene Adler, #1) Dancing With Werewolves (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator, #1) Catnap (Midnight Louie, #1) Six of Swords Brimstone Kiss (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator, #2)