Start by marking “All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #7)” as Want to Read:
All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #7)

All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse #7)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  160,428 ratings  ·  3,090 reviews

The summit is a tense situation. The vampire queen of L
Audio CD, 10 pages
Published 2007 by Recorded Books

To ask other readers questions about All Together Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Together Dead

You know the worst thing about these books? They're like cotton candy. On face they look incredibly filling and satisfying but then you bite into them and the fluffy candy mass turns into so much sugar and you're just as hungry when you're finished as you were when you started. Except now you're out of money and your mom wants you to ride the Ferris wheel with your little sister.

I've devoured all seven of the Sookie books and now I want more, except there aren't any more. Yet. No one should conf
Aug 15, 2009 Kristin rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one--watch Alan Ball's version.
Recommended to Kristin by: Alan Ball--I blame you!
Snooze fest. The avalanche of characters and the painful descriptions of the wedding just came so ridiculous, and I had to skip many pages. I am not the biggest fan of Quinn -- so that could be my reluctance to this book. I just wish Sookie would go to Eric and stop fighting her feelings.

Again, I have to mention that this series is in desperate need of a decent editor. I mentioned this in my review of Book 5 (Dead as a Doornail):
"Jason's boss is Shirley (Catfish) Hennessey in Book 4, but in Book 5, all of a sudden he's Shirley (Catfish) Hunter. What?!?" In Book 7, we're now back to a version of Hennessey, although it's misspelled as "Hennessy".

This series as a whole, is interesting, mysterious and sexy. I feel the need to find out where this is all going,
One of the consequences of reading these in rapid succession is that it's easier to catch continuity errors. I'm on Chapter 2 and have spotted two. Harris has Sookie think about how she's 26, but Sookie was 26 in the very first book and more than a year has elapsed since the events in that book. She also thinks about how Selah Pomphrey has been dating Bill for "weeks," but Selah has been dating bill since Book 5, and that book was set in late winter/early spring. This book is set in late Septemb ...more
My absolute favorite Sookie stackhouse to date. A lot of stuff happens in this book, but towards the end the action is great and goes somewhere you weren't really sure Ms. Harris would take you. Sookie travels to a Vampire Summit with Queen Sophie-Ann's entourage, which lends to some hilarious moments with different vamps and the fangbangers at their side. Like I said before, there is a lot more action then in previous books which is just exciting. Plus Quinn and Eric play for sookie's interest. ...more
Best one in the series! Easy read, Eric comes center stage for sure. A Bill fan no longer am I.
Still very entertaining, but I was disappointed by her adding creatures from another dimension that could become invisible. It was a bit too much for me. The parts could have been handled by other supernatural creatures without going so far afield. It went too far beyond the scope of the world she's created without a good reason.

Also, the setup by the Fellowship was too transparent & unrealistic. The security lapses were just too gross & the scheme was ludicrous.

I did like finding out m
Richard Reviles Censorship Always in All Ways
Rating: 3.4* of five

The Publisher Says: Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse has her hands full dealing with every sort of undead and paranormal creature imaginable. And after being betrayed by her longtime vampire love, Sookie must not only deal with a new man in her life—the shapeshifter Quinn—but also contend with the long-planned vampire summit.

The summit is a tense situation. The vampire queen of Louisiana is in a precarious position, her power base weakened by hurricane damage to
So, there's a big event that has a lot of protesters who want to kill all of the people at the event. All of the people attending this event are staying at the same hotel which supposedly has great security, because, again, there are crazies who literally would LOVE to kill everyone in attendance. Soon after arrival, each and every party gets a phone call from the management of the hotel saying that there is an extra piece of luggage that belongs to them and they need to come down and pick it up ...more
Geraldine O'Hagan
Sh3lly (Not all those who wander are lost)
I haven't read this in a couple years, but I remember thinking it was my favorite since book 4, Dead to the World. Eric is in it more too. If I'm remembering correctly, there's a lot more action and excitement. There's more Quinn in this one and Sookie meets another telepath, Barry the Bellboy.

At the end of this one is a fantastic scene involving one of the Queen's children, Sookie, and Eric. Sookie's bond with Eric grows at the end because (view spoiler)
This book was a hit for me. I love this series, even though it doesn't make me smarter or a better person for having read it. And even though it's totally unbelievable and Sookie is nothing like me, and a little silly.

In All Together Dead, she's heading to the Vampire summit, the Vampire Queen of Louisiana(that's right, Queen of Louisiana, see above paragraph)plans to use Sookie's telepathic abilities. She and Quinn are hot and heavy and Eric and Sookie's relationship also moves to another level
This book was a letdown after the run of Sookie books which I thoroughly enjoyed. The bridal shower which even Sookie didn't enjoy was a big letdown.

It was fun to see Barry Bellboy again when he showed up at the Summit with the Dallas contingent. But the vampiric political shenanigans went on too long for me although many readers probably enjoyed this part. The various vampire royalty gushing about how glad they were to see someone and thinking how they wished somebody would come along and stake
Jeffrey Michael
I love this series. I also love the True Blood series that's based on this series of books. I've always been a believer in not reading the book if you're going to watch the movie, read it afterward but for this series the rule doesn't apply. They've changed the series so much from the book that I can read the books and still enjoy the HBO series. I enjoy both and this book follows right along with the previous Sookie Stackhouse installments. Ms. Harris has a penchant for leaving me hanging on th ...more
Janelle Dazzlepants
4.5 stars.

Pretty much from start to finish, I adored All Together Dead. Sure the reveals in it were pretty damn glaring but I definitely was entertained. It was interesting how Harris wrote it with the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. It certainly brought more dire circumstances for the Louisiana group at the summit.

Sookie's romantic life wasn't holding this book down at all, it's quite obvious, at least to me, who she's meant to be with. ERIC. Judging by his actions/comments and even Pam's comm
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Sookie Stackhouse is becoming quite the popular waitress - for her telepathic gift, mostly. She accompanies the vampiric Queen of Louisiana and her entourage to the vampire summit near Chicago, in order to read the minds of the human hangers-on to the other vampires. In the aftermath of her disastrous wedding and Katrina, the Queen is facing a trial over the murder of her vampire husband, Peter Threadgill, and the dispute of his territory, Arkansas.

Sookie soon finds herself in demand as well as
If Book 6 of the Sookie Stackhouse series was a turning point, then Book 7, All Together Dead, is the drawing of battle lines. Vampire politics, were politics, and an upsurge of human fanatic reaction to the undead are all in the forefront of this plot, making it arguably one of the most substantial of the Sookies to date.

Sookie is called upon to join the party of the Queen of Louisiana for a vampire summit in the (fictional) city of Rhodes. Once there, she has all sorts of competing pulls for h
For those who can't stand it any longer, Sookie and Quinn finally have some quality time in the beginning. Then her life goes back into the usual chaos she seems to thrive on, in this case a vampire summit during which A LOT of bad things happen and Sookie manages to entangle herself with her former beaus again. I liked this one because there are so many new characters and yet you get a strong impression of each one. Some old characters reveal a little more about themselves, in some cases too mu ...more
Beth F.
Every time I take a break in between one Sookie book and the next I have to reacclimate myself to the heinosity. This series really is quite stupid. But I can't help myself, I love it.

Sookie's thought process at the beginning of the book over the merits of warm penis vs. cold penis was way too gross for me to handle. For real. But otherwise this one was alright...especially once the fireworks started at the end.
The plot was fine; not my favorite of the series, but interesting enough. I like where the Sookie/Eric storyline has been going. Not so much the Sookie/Quinn storyline (which is heavily influenced by his overuse of the word "babe"). And can't Bill just disappear already? It seems like he only exists to be awkward.

My main complaint for this book is something that's bothered me since I started reading the series: Harris is way too descriptive. I honestly don't need to know what color penny loafers
i haven't been reviewing these books because there's not a lot to review; they're just trashy and entertaining. every now and then, though, charlaine harris unleashes something as illuminating as this:

"Wow,” I said, watching Batanya stride away. She was wearing pants like liquid leather, and you could see each buttock flex and relax with her movement. It was like an anatomy lesson. She had muscles in her butt."

"she had muscles in her butt"? really? what a fucking terrible anatomy lesson. i enjo
I think the first book in this series came out about the same time as Kim Harrison's preternatural series as well as a few other vampire-related series. I was still carrying a torch for the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series, in hopes that Laurell K. Hamilton would quit putting so much sex in her stories and start writing good alternate fiction again. Add a protagonist whose first name is Sookie (a name I just don't get), and I chose to pass.
Then, at the beach one weekend, I read another book
This book was much better then the last three, Harris has seemed to calm down on making sookie such an ass and instead focused on giving us a great story. The only reason i'm giving this 3 stars instead of 4 is because 1. she added (YET AGAIN) a new "creature" to the world and another "dimension". the book already has enough confusing characters, races, etc. adding another lends an air of cheesy-ness to the book that could push it from being fun cheesy to roquefort. 2. quinn. he doesnt sound sex ...more
This book was too much. Too many characters, too many inconsistencies, too many descriptions.

Three problems:

1. Sookie is holding someone's wound to stop the bleeding. It seeps through the fabric onto her hands. Then it's time to dance and YAY! no blood on the dress. Let's boogie! Wait. Shouldn't we wash our blood soaked hands first?

2. New characters from a place that doesn't even exist and they're kind of empty and useless and in one scene, they are invisible because we don't want anyone to know
Apr 12, 2010 Jennifer rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jennifer by:
Shelves: para-vampires
From start to finish, All Together Dead was an unbelievable thrill ride. I loved every single second of this novel. The last couple chapters had me on the edge of my seat, frantic to find out what was going to happen. Certain parts of the mystery were obvious, others were completely shocking. Either way, the action was unbeatable. The repercussions of everything that occurred are unfathomable and I just can't wait to read the next book. All Together Dead was amazing, shocking and truly awesome. ...more
Another fun read & again, Parker made the book even more enjoyable with her narration. Harris has expanded the world along very logical lines. Each book draws Sookie & us further into the supernatural world that exists within our own.

I really liked (view spoiler)

On to the next.
Ok. These books are silly, which is why I won't give any of them (so far) a five star, but they are very entertaining. junk food for the brain, and I love them.
Does anyone know if the tv show will end at 7 seasons? 10 98 Aug 28, 2013 01:18PM
What actor do you picture as Quinn?? 99 476 Apr 23, 2013 03:51AM
  • Undead and Unreturnable (Undead, #4)
  • White Witch, Black Curse (The Hollows, #7)
  • The Harlequin (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #15)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Riley Jenson Guardian #6)
  • Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, #3)
  • Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kincaid, #3)
  • Claimed By Shadow (Cassandra Palmer, #2)
  • Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4)
  • Another One Bites the Dust (Jaz Parks, #2)
  • Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men (Jane Jameson, #2)
  • Changeling (Otherworld / Sisters of the Moon, #2)
Charlaine Harris has been a published novelist for over twenty-five years. A native of the Mississippi Delta, she grew up in the middle of a cotton field. Now she lives in southern Arkansas with her husband, her three children, three dogs, and a duck. The duck stays outside.

Though her early output consisted largely of ghost stories, by the time she hit college (Rhodes, in Memphis) Charlaine was wr
More about Charlaine Harris...

Sookie Stackhouse (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1)
  • Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2)
  • Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3)
  • Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4)
  • Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5)
  • Definitely Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #6)
  • From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse, #8)
  • Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, #9)
  • Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10)
  • Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11)
Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4) Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2) Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3) Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5)

“Some might think you suicidal."
"Well, 'some' can stick it up their ass.”
“Ha," I said. "Oh, ha-ha. Yeah, ’cause they love me. You see how many vampires are up here? Zero, right?"
One," said Eric, stepping out of the stairwell.”