Start by marking “Death Note, Tome 2” as Want to Read:
Death Note, Tome 2

Death Note, Tome 2 (Death Note #2)

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  13,179 ratings  ·  388 reviews
Light entend bien imposer au monde sa vision de la Justice ! De nombreux criminels sont morts après que leurs noms aient été inscrits dans le Death Note ! Alerté par ces morts étranges, le FBI enquête au Japon. Light fait partie des suspects mais, grâce au Death Note, il parvient à se débarrasser des soupçons qui pèsent sur lui.
Malgré cela, L, continue à suivre le jeune h...more
Published February 2nd 2007 by Kana (first published July 2nd 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Death Note, Tome 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death Note, Tome 2

Choco

Hurraaay! A female character! Someone who can kick Kira's ass!

(view spoiler)
Mansi
Sep 19, 2014 Mansi rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mansi by: Youtube
The obsession is real at this point. Found Naomi quite annoying though. Quite enjoying L if ya catch my drift. If you haven't started on this series yet then what are you waiting on.
Shinjini
The cliffhanger at the end of the first volume was too much for me. So, I had to jump into the next one as soon as was possible. Off to volume 2!

The story opens where the first volume left off. A failed bus-jacking leads to Raito getting to know the name of the FBI agent who was following him. That leads to him uncovering the identity of all the other agents posted in Japan. He puts this information to use and forwards it as a challenge for L.

There’s the addition of a woman in the game. She is t...more
Sesana
We really meet L. in volume two, and he's a very interesting character. Twitchy, brilliant, unnerving, commanding. Very much like Light himself. He makes a good foil for him. This volume also brings in the very cool Naomi. (view spoiler) The stakes are raised, and it seems like L. is closing in on Light. Pretty tense in places, it left me very eager to read the next volume.
Eveymorgan
Reseña completa en el blog: http://capitulo-26.blogspot.com.es/20...

Magnífica continuación de la historia. Mientras L reúne al un grupo reducido de investigadores, Light continúa pensando como ir por delante de la policía. La partida sigue. Con ganas de leer el tercero.
Ruth Govaerts
I want a shinigami as home pet!
Ferdy
Spoilers

Pretty good but not quite as engrossing as volume 1. It was more slower paced and there didn't seem to be a whole lot of development - Light was still killing people, L was still trying to catch him out, people were still wondering WTF was going on.

I didn't find Light as interesting either. I liked that he had an agenda and purpose in the first one — he wanted to only kill criminals (for the supposed sake of justice and creating a better world) but in this one he was too high on power a...more
Michael
After the nail-biting end to volume one I launched straight into two! The book just doesn't let up, it's always fast, edgy, smart and great writing that is seriously addictive, coupled with the excellent drawings I think I may be a serious convert to manga. It's such a refreshing difference sometimes from full-length, 'heavy' fantasy novels I'm so use to reading.
Nermin
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster"

You're hearing this, Kira??
Allison Greene
Deathnote is a manga by Tsugumi Ohba. It is quite an interesting read and has a murder suspense feel to the storyline. A shinigami is a ‘god of death’ and have notebooks they use to write in the names of those about to die. Ryuk is a shinigami who is very bored and decides to drop his ‘Death Note’ down to earth to see what happens. An ace student, Light, who is popular and has a lot going for him, finds the notebook and soon figures out its power.

Light is the son of the chief of police, and sta...more
Amanda
Tariq Alferis

..لايت رائع ...مثل هذا الكتاب :)

الجيد في كتب الانمي تسلسل الاحداث ،ووجود صور وحوارات ...يعني لست بحاجة لتخيل شخصيات رواية ما او قصة ...واهني تكمن سهولة قرءاة النوع هذا من الكتب "المانغا" ..
تقرآ الاول ...الثاني ،،،ادور ع الثالث ، اووه نبي الرابع ..تلقي روحك ساعات من المتعة الغير متوقعة
Helen
This messed up shit is brilliant, smart, and strangely addicting. My newest obsession. Although, not a whole lot happened in this volume, hence the 4.5 rating instead of a solid five.
Latham
this is more like 3.8 or 3.9

'okay, a camera hunt...that sounds like fun !! '

Manu/flatter
Über den Autor:

Ganze zehn Jahre ist es mittlerweile her, seit am 29. Dezember 2003 (Ausgabe 01/2004) im berühmten japanischen Manga-Magazin Shonen Jump das erste Kapitel von Death Note erschienen ist. Seitdem hat sich der Manga von Tsugumi Ohba und Takeshi Obata zu einem weltweiten Mega-Erfolg entwickelt.

Zum Inhalt:

Light hat den Namen, des FBI-Agenten, der ihn beschattet. Jetzt muß er aber clever sein und überlegen wie er weiter vorgehen soll. Denn, wenn nur dieser Agent stirbt wäre klar, dass L...more
Grace
The only thing I’ve had a small issue of is how smart Light is. If he’s that brilliant, manipulative, strategic, etc., surely he would’ve skipped a few grades and such? Wouldn’t he be more than just the top nationally ranked whatever? Be a prodigy somewhere? Gosh. He’s only seventeen. I think I was just plugging (most likely badly) away at school at seventeen, and that’s it.

Anyway, my general reaction to this is, “Wow, look how smart they all are! Look at all these plans! And explanations and de...more
Mikael Kuoppala
The peculiar tangle that "Death Note" seems to be forming into keeps on getting more complex in the second volume of the saga. It bothered me a bit in the first volume “Boredom” that our protagonist- a high school student who gains the ability to kill anyone by will just by knowing their names and faces- got so cold blooded so fast. At this point he's completely psychotic, but surprisingly tangible as a character. Maybe his absolute corruption by absolute power is something that we can on some l...more
Samyak ahuja
First we have the Platonic "Gyges' Ring" scenario--in a discourse in Plato's Republic, the integrity of mortal justice is questions and sequentially deemed fundamentally flawed by sinful, finite capacity of man and their deeply ruooted sense of pride and self-righteousness. The lead character Light is the incarnation of this discourse, a once seemingly flawless character driven to obsession over the notion of becoming like a god. At first his intentions are decent--rapists, child molesters, seri...more
S.
thank you for the accolades, o gr elite.

my first 24 hour single. 4 likes (count 'em)

but, like recording artists, I know which pieces are going to be hits and which will be only merely enjoyed. this is an average piece, a counter tempo. let's start with counter tempo imagery

i was fired. it wasn't the emir incident. it was that after my trainers began issuing contrary orders, I sent out a fax every few days to headquarters listing the deviations and how they were resolved by the trainers' trainers...more
Alison
Loving this manga series! After finishing the first one a couple weeks ago, I could not wait to get my hands on book 2 and find out what would happen next in this oddly compelling storyline. I was not disappointed. It was just as good as the first, and had me just as engrossed!

In this volume Light goes to even more extreme measures to hide his identity from L and the police department, whilst still keeping up his elimination of the world's criminals. This kid is seriously smart - I mean, he's a...more
Effymathers
Dans ce tome ci, on retrouve Light Yagami qui cherche toujours à échapper à la police. Toujours dans le thriller, le scénariste nous plonge dans l’esprit de Light ainsi que dans celui de L qui se livrent un véritable conflit. L’un et l’autre sont pourtant des personnages très proches qui vont s’opposer pour une seule raison : Light, en tuant des meurtriers avec le Death Note pourrait bien être vu comme un assassin, lui aussi.
J’ai trouvé la question plutôt intéressante car très philosophique : tu...more
Malxox ♥

Best part ever!~
Even before reading Death Note I was like, in love with L. But actually seeing him and reading it, getting to really know his persona and style -- I was like WHY MUST YOU BE SO PERECT?! *fnagirling/dying*
I refuse to read this series unless it is in my bookshelf, getting it from the library is just not good enough. It's way to good.
Christina
Light murders Raye Penber and the twelve FBI agents, but not all is well for Light when Raye Penber's fiancee, who is also an ex FBI agent, starts personally investigating the Kira case. Light encounters her at the police station and finds just how dangerously close she is to finding out Kira's identity. To kill her he needs her name, but the only name she'll give him is a fake. And to make matters worse, L is advancing quickly on the Kira case, even enough to show his face to the police agents...more
Mora
In this book, we find out that Light is actually the son of the head of the detectives in Japan. The public has now created a name for him: Kira. In an attempt to capture Kira, the detectives realize that they are no match for this supernatural being. They decide to call in K, the number one detective in the world; he is known to be able to solve any case. The character for K is brought out to have the same intelligence level as Light. They are both extremely smart and trying to get rid of one a...more
Vansii Letø
Okay .. again, even though I've watched the anime a few /billion/ times this is really interesting! It's as if I've never watched or heard about Death Note. Everything is amazing!!! My favorite anime and manga so far .. but I'm still a rookie, so who knows? Ah, who am I kidding, this thingie will stay my favorite! ;d
Aline
Wow, I enjoyed this a lot more than the first volume. I really felt that the pacing picked up, and that the story was crafted better. I loved how we'e now seeing a lot of how L and Light work with their co-conspirators,and their thought process. I like trying to decide who to root for, with L and his small gang of recruits really bringing that detective crime drama feel to it (L is Sherlock's double. If this hadn't been published before Sherlock aired, I would say he was modeled on him). Light s...more
Lord Moonlight
Just finished it. I found that this volume of "Death Note" was just as artistic, suspenseful, and eerie as the first. I'm definitely getting the third volume the next time I visit the bookstore.
Maree  ♫ Light's Shadow ♪
I'm really liking this series, it's exciting and deals with a great ethical question. And people die so easily! I haven't determined if that's a good thing or a bad thing yet.
Caroline
More plot twists and surprises in this volume. I can see why this series has such an appeal--the characters are all pretty unpredictable and clever, which adds to the enjoyment.
Nadia
I loved this one. Light has finally emerged himself as the righteous villain.

No more "I kill the bad guys" hurray!

I liked Naomi and felt secretly pleased that (view spoiler) That's the only reason I'm cutting out 1 star from this.

i want to know what made you sad or mad or happy about deathnote 2 10 May 30, 2014 08:20PM
L Lawliet and Asperger Syndrome? 6 114 Nov 29, 2012 07:09PM
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 07 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #7)
  • Bleach Volume 02: Goodbye Parakeet, Good Night My Sister (Bleach, #2)
1978
Tsugumi Ohba (大場 つぐみ Ōba Tsugumi?, born in Tokyo, Japan) is a writer best known for the manga Death Note. His real identity is a closely guarded secret. As stated by the profile placed at the beginning of each Death Note manga, Ohba collects teacups and develops manga plots while holding his knees on a chair, similar to a habit of L, one of the main characters of the series.

There is speculation th...more
More about Tsugumi Ohba...
Death Note, Vol. 1: Boredom (Death Note, #1) Death Note, Vol. 3: Hard Run (Death Note, #3) Death Note, Vol. 4: Love (Death Note, #4) Death Note, Vol. 5: Whiteout (Death Note, #5) Death Note, Vol. 8: Target (Death Note, #8)

“Kira: L, do you know
Gods of death
love apples?

L: Damn you, Kira...”
221 likes
“I'll take a potato chip...AND EAT IT!!

-For le famous anime/manga "Death Note”
7 likes