Start by marking “Legion of Super-Heroes, Vol. 2: Death of a Dream” as Want to Read:
Legion of Super-Heroes, Vol. 2: Death of a Dream

Legion of Super-Heroes, Vol. 2: Death of a Dream (Legion of Super-Heroes #2; issues 7-13)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  184 ratings  ·  13 reviews
A bright, defiant, energized team of super-powered teenagers from different worlds form a legion of passionate activists that crusade to leave their mark on a complacent society that has forgotten how to fight for change. This volume features an all-out brawi between the Legion and the evil agents of Terror Firma in the Fifth Dimension in order stop galactic destruction. B ...more
Published May 1st 2006 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Legion of Super-Heroes, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legion of Super-Heroes, Vol. 2

Jack Haringa
The second trade collection of Mark Waid and Barry Kitson's "threeboot" of Legion of Super-Heroes finishes the story arc begun in the first, giving greater definition to many of the Legion's large cast of characters and clear direction for the team itself. Waid continues to strike a balance between respect for the Legion's Silver Age roots and a need for a more contemporary sensibility. He establishes new origins for both the team and individuals and even comes up with a reasonably plausible exp ...more
Ikea Monkey
I am a Legion of Super-Heroes fan from waaaay back, but, I hated this series. I love Mark Waid's Irredeemable, but, with this, I have n idea what he was thinking. He changed all the characters around, their personalities, their origins, pretty much everything. At least the art was good.
Mark Waid has this uncanny ability to take characters I've barely heard of and make me care about them. The Legion Of Super-Heroes have had a tumultuous past with many different incarnations but its hard for me to believe this one could be topped. While its not perfect, it is a good example of juggling multiple storylines and characters. At times there are too many but other than many of the dark haired guys looking too similar I could tell who everyone was. Barry Kitson's art, other than that s ...more
Well, my man Mark Waid did it again! Yes he did, folks. Number 2 here, is as good as number 1. Mmmmhmm. If you love Brainiac 5, you're gonna love Death of a Dream. It sort of had the spirit of REBELS, just without Tribulus. He faces off with everybody, and it just makes for good comedy as much as it does high adventure. Cosmic Boy, Triplicate, Dream Girl, Colossal Boy, Element Lad, Sun Boy (can you guess his powers?), these are my 31st century intergalactic gangstas. With a great villain, too. I ...more
Didn't really stick with me. I had a hard time identifying with any of the characters here. Perhaps it's because I know very little about any of them, other than from what I've seen in DCAU. The story here wasn't very interesting though, and I got about halfway through before I stopped. I'll admit that I'm more of a Marvel geek, but I try to keep my mind open to other heroes and storylines, so I did give this a shot. I was dissapointed. Artwork was good though, so a point on that.
Reprints Legion of Super-Heroes #7-13. The Legion finds themselves at war with Lemnos and works to defeat him while trying to keep from falling apart. The Legion of Super-Heroes always seems like a strong comic, but it also always seems overly weighty. The Legion from the 1990s Zero Hour relaunch seems like the lightest of the Legions in existence and this Legion is definately more traditional Legion with a higher risk factor.
Damián Vives
Waid profundiza sus líneas argumentales. Una colección que da muestras de su potencial.
Jan 16, 2013 Kyle rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: dcu
I love the Legionnaires. Mark Waid has done a wonderful job rebooting this series with deeply flawed characters. What makes this team do interesting is that they can not seem to work as a group and they are not sure if they are fighting the good fight. The end to this first storyline was a bit rushed, but other than that, it was pure comicbook heaven. 4/5
A continuation of the story begun in the first Legion of Super-Heroes books. In this one, we experience some rifts in the Legion itself, with a division of alliances and in-fighting...right when a huge threat to the universe rears its ugly head. Again, I think this series is a lot of fun, and more palatable than the typical super-hero stuff. Yay!
A nice reimagining of the LSH and an interesting future world.
Lots of action, interesting characters and clever ideas.
Waid gets a bit bogged down trying to juggle such a big cast and sets up way too many sub-plots, but enough good to get you through the weaker spots.
Also, some very nice art. Barry Kitson is a vastly underrated artist.
Justin Allen
Read my review on Book 1. Once Jim Shooter takes the reins in issue 37, the book feels like a Legion title again.
Wow. Now I want to go read more about the Legion, I never thought I'd say that.
OK Now I'm hooked on Legion. Really entertaining, great plot, great drawing.
LORRAINE marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2015
Dreamingintherain marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Richard A.
Richard A. marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
  • Birds of Prey, Vol. 11: Metropolis or Dust
  • Birds of Prey, Vol. 12: Platinum Flats
  • ElfQuest: The Searcher and the Sword
  • Rann-Thanagar War
  • Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, Vol. 3 (Ōoku: The Inner Chambers / 大奥, #3)
  • The Dreaming, Vol. 2
Mark Waid (born March 21, 1962 in Hueytown, Alabama) is an American comic book writer. He is best known for his eight-year run as writer of the DC Comics' title The Flash, as well as his scripting of the limited series Kingdom Come and Superman: Birthright, and his work on Marvel Comics' Captain America.
More about Mark Waid...

Legion of Super-Heroes (8 books)
  • Legion of Super-Heroes, Vol. 1: Teenage Revolution
  • Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes, Vol. 3: Strange Visitors from Another Century
  • Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes, Vol. 4: Adult Education