Start by marking “Hedgehogs In Hall” as Want to Read:
Hedgehogs In Hall

Hedgehogs In Hall (Animal Ark [GB Order] #5)

Mandy and James rescue an injured mother hedgehog -- but who will look after her babies? There's no room at Animal Ark for them. Can Mandy and James safely release the hedgehogs?
Published October 6th 1994 by Hodder Children's Books (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Hedgehogs In Hall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hedgehogs In Hall

Nov 30, 2012 Mark rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Chilcren 8-12 or thereabouts
Recommended to Mark by: Oxfam
Its about hedgehogs, if you have ever looked at my profile pics need I say more. I picked this up on a second hand shelf because of its title and cute illustrations but having read it, and it is quite evidently a children's book of course, i thought it really good.

It is one of a series of books written by Lucy Daniels under the heading 'Animal Ark' about a young vet's daughter and her two friends James and Claire, who get into all sorts of scrapes whilst lookling after different animals. The tit
Rebecca McNutt
May 28, 2015 Rebecca McNutt rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book at a thrift store and wasn't expecting much from it to begin with, but it turned out to be even worse than I'd imagined. The main character, Mandy, is a goody-two-shoes little dork with nothing creative, original or memorable about her. I'm not saying that she should be smoking or drinking or anything, but does she have to act like a poster child for Girl Scouts?

The book itself was a nest of choppy sentences, extremely limited vocabulary for the target age, no imagery, and more f
Laura Verret
Mandy loves the fall – the crisp weather is wonderful, but even more fun are the bonfires that light up the night with their brightness and warmth. But what’s this? It seems that a hedgehog has made her home in the brush pile! She and her four babies, disoriented by all the noise and excitement, are charging out blindly across the yard towards the street!

Before Mandy can stop them, the mother hedgehog is hit by a car. She is rushed to the Animal Ark where she, along with her four babies, are war
Sep 21, 2015 Samuel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, hedgehogs
I picked this up purely because it was about hedgehogs. As it happens, it's a charming piece of mid-'90s kidlit, all quaintly British and pleasant. I really liked it. Don't judge ;)
Mel Foster
Kathryn G.
I've had this book sitting on my shelf for years and I've just never pulled it down. Finally my love of hedgehogs got the better of me, and I read it in less than two hours. It was very well written for a kid's book, and I remembered the characters from the Animal Ark series with surprising clarity as I went. The story was cute and inspiring, with just a touch of bitter reality to make it stand out. I liked it.
May 10, 2016 Reagan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mandy and James find an injured mother hedgehog. They have to look after her and her babies. When the mother hedgehog heals, they need to send them back into the wild. Can they find a way to do it properly?Read this book to find out.

This book is awesome! I really like it. You should read it.
Callie Stillion
Sep 09, 2013 Callie Stillion rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think that this was a wonderful book. You can help wild life with just a pair of gloves, and some friends and family to help you. Hedgehogs do have defense systems, but Mandy knows just how to handle the family of rodents. Claire Mckay knows that she would want to have any pet that she could get, of course out of the pets her parents would let her have. So Claire decides to go and take the hedgehog babies after their mother is injured in an car accident.
Will Claire get away with this great pl
Loopy Rosie
Mar 01, 2014 Loopy Rosie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was very interesting but sad in a good way.
Aug 21, 2016 Morgan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awesomest book!!!!!! {do NOT own}
Jun 03, 2012 Sheryl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am very interested in Hedgehogs that is why I read this juvenile chapter book. This short little chapter book (part of the series Noah's Art- I think that is the series name) was a good story and had lots of simple information about hedgehogs. The story shows young children taking responsibility for identifying a problem, figuring out how to solve it and then putting that knowledge and passion into action, all very realistically. I enjoyed it and learned thinks as well.
Mar 04, 2011 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I was younger this was definitely one of my favorite Animal Ark books. It made me want to get a pet hedgehog, haha. This series is great for intermediate-advanced chapter book readers in elementary school.
Aug 07, 2011 Sammy added it
I was completely obsessed with this series of books when I was a child and my aim was to read every single book. They are a really good children's series.
I really enjoyed this whole series as a child. Back then I'd devour each of the books as soon as I could get my hands on them.
Taylor Troncin
Dec 27, 2015 Taylor Troncin marked it as pre-2016-read  ·  review of another edition
Loved this series when I was younger. Still a huge animal lover and would like to read the rest of this series!
Kit Kat
Aug 14, 2012 Kit Kat rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was the worst book of the whole series. It was dull and very boring when I read it as a child.
Rosie the Chicken Whisperer
Great book. I cried when they found Scout dead. Probably one of my favorite Animal Ark book!!
Quality story line that is simple, yet engaging. Both male and female main characters
Dec 16, 2010 Shayma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i loved this one it made me nurves at time laugh at other but i truley enjoyd it.
Jun 23, 2008 Tina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
animal ark series
Rachel added it
Oct 09, 2016
Abby Rose
Abby Rose marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2016
Jess Teggart
Jess Teggart rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2016
Abinayaa Dhanagopal
Abinayaa Dhanagopal rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2016
Skylar marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Leigh Morris
Leigh Morris marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Sarah Maxfield
Sarah Maxfield marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
  • Cub in the Cupboard (Animal Ark, #8)
  • Sophie's Lucky (Sophie, #6)
  • Horrible Harry and the Triple Revenge
  • William Again (Just William, #3)
  • Charming Classics Box Set #1
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • Molly Pitcher: Young Patriot
  • Cindy's Runaway Colt (Thoroughbred, #13)
  • The Bobbsey Twins and the Mystery at Snow Lodge (Bobbsey Twins, #5)
Ben M. Baglio created the brief for two series of children's books - Dolphin Diaries and Animal Ark. Dolphin Diaries features a girl and her family from Florida, who travel around the world as marine biologists and study dolphins. Animal Ark features two children who work together to help animals and solve animal-related mysteries. The books were written by commissioned writers in the UK under Bag ...more
More about Ben M. Baglio...

Animal Ark [GB Order] (1 - 10 of 94 books)
  • Kittens in the Kitchen (Animal Ark, #1)
  • Pony on the Porch (Animal Ark, #2)
  • Puppies in the Pantry (Animal Ark, #3)
  • Goat in the Garden (Animal Ark, #4)
  • Badger in the Basement (Animal Ark #6)
  • Cub in the Cupboard (Animal Ark, #8)
  • Piglet in a Playpen (Animal Ark, #9)
  • Owl in the Office (Animal Ark, #11)
  • Lamb in the Laundry (Animal Ark #12)
  • Bunnies in the Bathroom (Animal Ark, #15)