Start by marking “Horrid Henry Tricks the Tooth Fairy” as Want to Read:
Horrid Henry Tricks the Tooth Fairy

Horrid Henry Tricks the Tooth Fairy (Horrid Henry #3)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  664 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Henry is up to his horrid tricks again. He tries, and fails, to trick the tooth fairy, rids his family of an unwelcome houseguest and single-handedly creates havoc at Cousin Polly's wedding.
Published December 1st 1997 by Orion Children's Books (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Horrid Henry Tricks the Tooth Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Horrid Henry Tricks the Tooth Fairy

Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff KinneyDragon Howl by Vanessa RouseHorrid Henry's Joke Book by Francesca SimonDragon Rider by Cornelia FunkeSideways Stories from Wayside School by Louis Sachar
2nd Grade Book List for Boys
12th out of 148 books — 31 voters
Measle and the Mallockee by Ian OgilvyStink by Megan McDonaldThe Grunts in Trouble by Philip ArdaghAwful End by Philip ArdaghThe Fall of Fergal by Philip Ardagh
Series Reads for 2nd Grade Boys
34th out of 91 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Rossy
Horrid Henry is really mean and horrid :|
Hannah Lassey
"Horrid Henry Tricks The Tooth Fairy" was the first short story amongst four in this book. This story was about how Horrid Henry is jealous when everyone else is losing a tooth and getting money from the tooth fairy so he tries to find a way to tick the tooth fairy into giving him some money which proves difficult. The second story " Horrid Henry's Wedding" is about when Horrid Henry is forced to be a page boy for his cousin's wedding. He is forced to wear a horrible, frilly costume and so tries ...more
Samera Jamil
This book I would recommend as a independent book for children at the ages 8-10 for guided reading or quiet reading sessions. Also it could also been used to read out loud to a group of 6-8 years during a class. This will be a good way to ask the children to use their imagination to guess what will happen next and encourage them to write their own version of the next part. This enhances creativity. The story is part of a collection of a well known character called Henry who is mischievous in com ...more
Emily
The pranks were pretty funny and it was especially funny how he tried to trick the tooth fairy. He gets into trouble really easily, even sometimes when it is Peter who is causing the trouble behind their backs.
Katie
I liked the book. Henry swallows a tooth. Henry goes to a wedding. Margaret plans to stay at Henry's house for two weeks. This time, even mom and dad are annoyed. Henry gets a new teacher.
Chancellor Burgess
I chose to read this book because my moms work friends said it was a very good book so i tried it out and i liked the cover of the book.I liked the setting alot it was at home and at school.I did not feel like i was in the book that much.But you can see alot that is happening in the book.I liked the characters alot in this book.All the characters were good in this book but Henry was bad to peter his little brouthor. I loved the book so much i gave it 5 stars.I would recommend this book to a frie ...more
Julie
Aug 12, 2009 Julie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents and young children
Recommended to Julie by: Mary Ann at www.greatkidbooks.blogspot.com
This is a super cute children's book about a boy named Horrid Henry and some of his friends. Each book has 4 stories in it. I was fortunate enough to get this one where Horrid Henry tricks the tooth fairy, ruins a wedding, deals with Moody Margaret, and tries to run off his new teacher. I read this book out loud to my DS age 5, and DD age 3. They both really enjoyed it. DS says his favorite story was about the tooth fairy. Ironic since he is about to lose his first tooth!

While some may not appre
LeeAnn
The ridiculous Horrid Henry strikes again. I am not a fan of this series. I'm sure kids like them, but I find little redeeming qualities about Henry. I feel utter resentment for his parents, and a bit of resentment toward the author. Some of these books are good, funny, and enjoyable. Some of them, like this one, are just time I wish I could get back. Sigh.
Ria
Another book of funny tales involving the antics of Horrid Henry and his gang of friends.
This time the action involves in him being jealous of Perfect Peter who loses a tooth so he resolves to do the same, then he has to attend a wedding as a pageboy, Moody Margaret comes to stay when her parents go on holiday and whom Henry schemes to get rid of and a new teacher arrives at the school who Henry is determined to annoy.
Told in a way that is not patronising but with an element of naughtiness that
Charlie
I really liked this book. I like Horrid Henry. Francesca's Henry books just make me laugh. It was great. Henry's toad brother was always being beaten up by the main rascal. Pretty much no problems, I just wanted to give it 4 stars. But I want it to be 4.5. (**** 1/2)

Great Book!
Sherri
My son thought this book hilarious and has requested other Horrid Henry books. Even though funny at times, I don't particularly like some of the antics Henry pulls. I had to make it quite clear to my son that he would be in BIG trouble if he even thought to do some of these things!
Katherine
Nov 23, 2013 Katherine rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Primary school children
Recommended to Katherine by: My junior school teacher
Having first read this as a schoolchild, when I saw it on a shelf in the local library I picked it up again. I remember thinking of Henry's behaviour as funny and daring, whereas now I'd dread him being my child. The series is a good way to evoke children's imaginations.
Ingrid
I am not sure if I like the character of horrid Henry or not. He really is horrid and most people would call him a brat. I do think that his behavior is so over the top that he would appeal to reluctant readers.
Iain
Cracking bedtime read with Little Mister. The stories are *just* the right length to get through one an evening with him and he's always looking forward to the next one.
Jessica
I just discovered Horrid Henry - I hear he's very popular in the UK at the moment, and I can see why!
Max R.
very funny!!!I can't really remember what happened as I read it ages ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Danielle
Nov 13, 2011 Danielle rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children
Shelves: childhood
read when i was a child and deffo going to read it to my children in the future hehe xx
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
Henry breaks the rules a lot and is very annoyed. This book is really funny. CVS
Georgia Cobley
This book is HILARIOUS! Henry trying to trick the tooth fairy and failing! looooool
GenieD
My 5 yr old granddaughter loves Horrid Henry! This one has me laughing out loud!
Vanessa E
Oct 13, 2007 Vanessa E rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: year 4's and 5's
From reading this book i learned that you can never trick the tooth fairy.
Connor Mcgregor
I think that this book is a nice quick read and really funny
Lea
quite good, but the title doesn't explain the book
Ayesha Shahid
It is a great book,ive read it in 25minutes!
Reece macarulay
very funny and interesting
Angelina
Jun 26, 2010 Angelina is currently reading it
I like this book - I love the toothfairy!
  • My Dad's Got An Alligator
  • Shadow (The Puppy Place, #3)
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Green-Eyed Monster
  • Mr. Majeika
  • The Pumpkin Elf Mystery (Ready, Freddy!, #11)
  • Oh, Baby! (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #3)
  • Say Cheese!
  • Sugar and Spice
  • Curious George's Opposites
  • Hajduk sa druge strane
  • Just Grace and the Snack Attack (Just Grace, #5)
  • Case of the Sneaky Snowman (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #5)
Francesca Simon was born in St Louis, Missouri, grew up in California, and attended both Yale and Oxford Universities, where she specialised in Medieval Studies. How this prepared her to write children’s books she cannot imagine, but it did give her a thorough grounding in alliteration.

She then threw away a lucrative career as a medievalist and worked as a freelance journalist, writing for the Sun
More about Francesca Simon...

Horrid Henry (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Horrid Henry
  • Horrid Henry and the Secret Club
  • Horrid Henry's Nits
  • Horrid Henry Gets Rich Quick
  • Horrid Henry's Haunted House
  • Horrid Henry and the Mummy's Curse
  • Horrid Henry's Revenge
  • Horrid Henry And The Bogey Babysitter (Horrid Henry)
  • Horrid Henry's Stinkbomb
  • Horrid Henry's Underpants
Horrid Henry Horrid Henry Gets Rich Quick Horrid Henry's Nits Horrid Henry's Stinkbomb Horrid Henry and the Mummy's Curse