Spot Loves His Mum

Spot Loves His Mum (Spot the Dog)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  124 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Spot loves spending time with his mum, Sally. In this coloured board book, each spread shows Sally and Spot having fun together. From playing hide-and-seek to eating Sally's cakes, every day can be a fun day with Spot and Sally!
Board Book
Published by Penguin Books, Limited (UK)

To ask other readers questions about Spot Loves His Mum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spot Loves His Mum

Jess
May 05, 2014 Jess added it
A beautiful book about a dog named Spot and His love for his Mum. This book is perfect for kids under three years of age. With vibrant and bright illustrations Spot Loves His Mum is just the right length to capture and hold a toddler's attention. It's entertaining to both the child and adult and the perfect book to add to a child's growing book collection (or to complete an Adult's Spot Collection). Unlike most of the Spot collection, this book is geared more towards celebrating the love a Mothe...more
Rain Misoa
Jul 19, 2011 Rain Misoa rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Parents and toddlers.
Recommended to Rain by: Elementary School Librarian
Shelves: childrens-books
This is one of the children's books that I read for We Give Books, A Pearson Foundation Initiative to help children all around the world obtain books. It's an organization that gathers many campaigns in one spot on the web to encourage people to read many books for children. With every book you read, one gets donated to the campaign you signed up for. (There's quite a few campaigns available.) A very good friend of mine, Nicole Terazue, recommended this site to me since she knew I loved reading...more
Toneeshia
Spot Loves His Mommy is a picture book. It is intended for the nursery age group. although the author has won awards, this book appears to have not. The book is about activities that occur with spot and his mother tell each other that they love one another. This book only deserves two stars because there is no plot, it feels as though the book is a compilation of random sentences. One thing Spot Love His Mommy has going for it is that it is an easy read. The words and language used are simple a...more
jacky
May 03, 2012 jacky rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: early readers (who love their mommies)
Shelves: online, picture-books
I read this online at wegivebooks.org. Its a very cool site that lets you read children's books with your child (or one your own if you like), and with each title you complete, you can choose a book to donate to a worthy cause. I read about it in Parenting magazine.

As to this book - it was cute. The dogs preform a lot of actions that people do, but still remain more dog like than human like. Nice color to the pictures. A good book to introduce children to reading dialog punctuation. A good prac...more
Alana
Spot Loves His Mommy is a classic Spot book: low on plot, high on schmaltz/Spot cuteness for the pre-reading crowd, though even beloved mommies might find this one a little dull.

Perhaps more importantly, though, I read this book online for free at www.wegivebooks.org -- We Give Books is an organization (created by the Penguin Group and the Pearson Foundation) that allows you to read a book online and click to DONATE A BOOK FOR FREE to various worthwhile pre-designated recipients. You sign up for...more
Mackenzie Wilson
I chose this book to read because it was one of my favorites as a child! In this book the main character is a dog named Spot. As the title implies, Spot loves spending time with his Mommy who is also a dog. He loves playing hide-and-seek with her, baking cakes, and reading his favorite story! The main idea to the story is that Spot and his Mommy have lots of fun together. This book would be a perfect gift for a young child between 0-5 to give to their mother's for Mothers Day. I would also recom...more
Lindsey
A cute Spot book about what Spot and his Mommy do together. While the pictures are typically adorable, I am a little concerned that Spot and his Mommy do all domestic things (e.g. bake a cake, garden, shop) whereas in the Spot Loves His Daddy book, they go out and have a fun day at the park. While many Spot books are over 30 years old, this one is recently published and should be a little more sensible of context.

Nonetheless, a sweet book about a puppy and his mom spending the day together. Shor...more
Nicole
Cute children's story I read on wegivebooks.org
Danny
Lovely book for me and my mummy to read togevs
Nicole
I think the concept is cute but I think children's books should have more of a lesson. All i learned from this story is that spot likes to do things with his mom. To a child, I know thats important but I feel as if there should have been a more meaningful concept behind it. A concept I think the book should have focused on was how to be grateful. We learned all the things Spot and Mommy love to do but the book would have really tied together if we got to read how grateful Spot was that he had su...more
Deserae
This is nice book to read to students young children because at these ages they may experience some tough times leaving mommy when it is time to go to school, we could start off by asking the child what do they love about their mommy and allow the children to respond and tell them the story about why Spot loves his mom, maybe the students can relate to some of the things Spot loves about his mother and this would be a good discussion question after reading the book.
Sung Baick
This would be good to include in a classroom library for pre-k and kindergarten. Teachers would need to be careful about using this as a read-aloud because not every child may be living with a mother or have a relationship with their mother like the one depicted in the book.
Betty Kim
This book really carries story of love of mom who take care of her son and even play with her son. I can think back to my mother’s love from this book. Moreover, this book can be good for students who like animal because the main characters are dog.
Stephanie
I read this book for www.wegivebooks.com, an organization driven toward the promotion of children's literacy. For every ebook that is read on the website, a physical book is donated to a child.
bubblebee
One of Nat's favourite books by Eric Hill. The pictures in this book are very appealing and colourful and I always welcome books about babies and their mummies.
Rachel
A cute, simple addition to the Spot books. It is a nice quick board book, perfect for times when you need a short book to read. It has sweet pictures and words.
Robin
Of course I am a huge fan of any book celebrating the love between a mommy and her baby. And the kids are huge fans of precocious little Spot.
Jeff Tate
My nephew likes it, which is all that matters.
Trish
Read this fantastic book for the first time on http://www.wegivebooks.org . A classic that you should not miss reading to your little ones.
Stacy
Spot learns how wonderful moms are in this cute book.
Heather Summers
Nice short read for lower level readers.
AGV K
WoW! I've read this a lot in my days as a parent!
Trent Mayes
Best book ever :)
Sarah Kramer
Feb 13, 2008 Sarah Kramer rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: toddlers
Shelves: storytime-books
Short filler book.
S Sheila
S Sheila marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Eric Gordon Hill OBE was a popular author and illustrator of children's picture books, best known for his character Spot the Dog. His works have been widely praised for their contributions to child literacy. He was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2008 New Year Honours.
More about Eric Hill...
Where's Spot? (Picture Puffin - Lift-the-flap book) Spot Goes to the Farm Spot Goes to School (color) Spot Loves His Daddy Spot's Birthday Party