Start by marking “Feast of the Trickster” as Want to Read:
Feast of the Trickster

Feast of the Trickster (Colors in the Dreamweaver's Loom #2)

The Weaver sat at the Loom, a frown lodged between his brows as he studied the pattern. Things were desperately wrong. The fabric of Fate was not as closely woven as it should be.

The Feast of the Trickster is fast approaching, and the Weaver fears what that malicious goddess may do. With her power at its greatest, the very fabric of Fate is threatened. Somehow the Trickste
Published December 31st 1991 by Houghton Mifflin (first published October 28th 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Feast of the Trickster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feast of the Trickster

Arya
Sep 16, 2010 Arya rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, adventure
Alright first to dispense with why I have given this book four stars when its predecessor (Colors in the Dreamweaver's Loom) was one of my all-time favorites. Well the answer is somewhat less than satisfactory - even for me. There is no real "reason" why it was not as good as the first, the writing was just as good, the plot was still woven like a beautiful tapestry, but the richness of Hilgartner's fantasy world was less because this book takes place in our own world. If I had read this book a ...more
Claire
Jul 02, 2007 Claire rated it did not like it
Sequel to Colors in the Dreamweaver's Loom, which was an excellent character-driven fantasy...until its supremely dissatisfying ending. I was thrilled to find this sequel...then disappointed that it only tortured and divided the characters more.
Jen
May 25, 2009 Jen rated it it was amazing
Sequel to Colors in the Dreamweaver's Loom, a tale I was ecstatic to find a sequel to when I was a child. Must read them both again soon.

We loved reading/hearing this story as kids. All of us. What a unique tale to be told, during one's formative years. To hint at the concept that LIFE might just be a tapestry- woven into one bigger picture by some higher power, each strand of thread used representing every individual, new threads being added as people are born, deaths of others represented by t
Lizann Dennis
Sep 05, 2011 Lizann Dennis rated it really liked it
Hilgartner’s book for me was a great example re-inventing. Taking from the idea of ancient Greeks Hilgartner reinvents the idea of the gods and creates almost a cross of Norse mythology and Greek mythology. For one you have the weaver he weaves the fabric of fate basically. So too did the Greeks have The Fates who controlled and the threads of life. Then there is the matter of the Trickster herself a god full of mischief and chaos causing trouble for all. To me this character is reminiscent of L ...more
Tabitha Phillips
Feb 19, 2009 Tabitha Phillips rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy-scifi, owned
I couldn't understand why there was such a vast difference between the plot and style of the first and second books, but it appears to be because the author had a change of heart. She herself said that she grew up writing epic fantasies but one day realized that what she really wanted to write about was people.
That must be why the first book was an incredible fantasy that left me turning the blank pages at the end hungry for more and the second book was about horse shows.

My understanding of the
Aug 23, 2009 Amy rated it it was ok
Oh! How can one possibly rate such a book? I LOVE Beth Hilgartner's writing, its enchanting and will keep you glued to the pages, but the plot...I found it frustrating. While the first book introduced and worked changes in the lives of the heroes, bringing meaning and purpose, this sequel does not. Instead characters struggle with one problem or the next, never quite happy, and never quite mastering their problems. The very end leaves one confused. The amazing writing keeps the book from being a ...more
Mercurybard
Jun 01, 2016 Mercurybard rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
This book isn't great--too many characters and not enough time to really get to know the new ones (Mark and Brice are particularly interchangeable, and Brigid feels like a stand in for 'Tsan)--but it does give everyone the happy ending they deserved at the end of The Colors in the Dreamweaver's Loom.
Aileen
Apr 04, 2011 Aileen rated it it was ok
This was the sequel of one of my favorite library books when I was little - I recently found both of them and snatched them up. The first was still great, but this was a disappointment. Really poorly done. I think plotwise I can see where the author was going with it, but just didn't really execute.
Jenny
Aug 27, 2011 Jenny rated it liked it
Shelves: teen, i-want, fantasy
Three years after being torn out of the pattern of the Loom and sent back to our world against her will, Alexandra (Zan) is miserable. Now the fabric of the Loom is unraveling, and the Weaver must send the Five to our world to bring Zan back. but the Trickster's feast in coming, and her power is growing. She will do anything to thwart the Five and gain power . . .
Christina
Jan 30, 2012 Christina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
I love stories where magical beings have to navigate our world, so this book was right up my alley. I found the antagonist to be surprisingly sympathetic, and the changes that this character underwent were my favorite part.
Aven
Jul 26, 2010 Aven rated it it was ok
I did read this one first, not knowing it was a series... The cover drew me in. Alright, but you really need to know what happened in the previous books or this book really doesnt make any sense.
Marissa Thompson
Marissa Thompson rated it it was ok
Nov 11, 2016
Ali Clare
Ali Clare rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2014
Vorlady
Vorlady rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2009
Timothy Licht
Timothy Licht rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2012
Sam Dayton
Sam Dayton rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2014
Beastnessa
Beastnessa rated it it was ok
Nov 24, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Feb 29, 2016
Myra
Myra rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2014
Leesha
Leesha rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2016
Lori
Jan 27, 2014 Lori rated it did not like it
See my review for Colors in the Dreamweaver's Loom if you're really that dang curious.
S.rae
S.rae rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2017
Danial
Danial rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2008
Sheryl
Sheryl rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2010
Krista
Krista rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2012
Mark
Mark rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2008
Amy rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2008
Kira Cook
Kira Cook rated it really liked it
May 09, 2012
Becca
Becca rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Beth Hilgartner has published six previous books: three fantasies, a historical fiction novel, a picture book, and a dark fantasy. She is an Episcopal priest, an award-winning author, a musician, a flower farmer, an equestrian, a maker of historical instruments (recorders), and chronically short of sleep. She lives in Orford, NH--no, not Oxford--with her husband and their four seriously pampered c ...more
More about Beth Hilgartner...

Colors in the Dreamweaver's Loom (2 books)
  • Colors in the Dreamweaver's Loom