Start by marking “Ciao (Stories About Melissa, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ciao (Stories About Melissa, #3)

Ciao (Stories About Melissa #3)

Melissa has had a fantastic summer hanging out with her friends and making new ones. Life as she knows it will change when they all come together to begin their sophomore year at Dearborn High. Connections will be made and friendships will be tested. Will Melissa’s family and friends be able to help her through the challenges she will face in the upcoming months?

The Storie
Published August 2012 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Ciao, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ciao

Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
I have to say that I LOVE BETHANY LOPEZ! Her writing never ever ceases to amaze me. She has this writing style that draws you in and you can't help but want to finish the story to see where the character has gone. The world she describes has you right there waiting and wanting like nothing you have read before. A huge thank you to YA Bound for hosting this great tour and allowing me to once again be on it. Trish and the girls at YA Bound host the best tours!

In Ciao we pick up right where XOXOXOX
Debbie I Heart YA Books
Jun 13, 2012 Debbie I Heart YA Books rated it it was amazing
Ciao is the third short story in the Stories About Melissa series. Bethany Lopez is giving readers a beautiful inside look into a teenage girl’s life through her journal. I’ve enjoyed watching Melissa grow up and growing through life’s journey with her family, friends, hardships and boys. All the teens in this story are great characters. Lopez has given the teens of today an encouraging, beautiful character in Melissa.

Melissa is starting her sophomore year, but over the summer she met two more
Dalene
Aug 10, 2012 Dalene rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
I really enjoyed this book. This was my favorite of the series. I think Melissa has grown up a lot, even though it’s only been a year, but there was also so much happening to her that was more than just a 14 year old would have in her life. I love the friends she has and how they are so involved.The story revolves around their summer and events that take place among them.

I still really enjoy the family. They are my favorite part of this series. I think this book portrays a really strong family.
Christine
Jul 30, 2012 Christine rated it really liked it
At this point, I feel redundant writing a review for another book in this series. I just can't say enough, how AMAZING these books are! Check out the links, here, for my reviews of Ta Ta for Now! and xoxoxo.

Okay, but please, oh PLEASE, don't let my redundancy dissuade you from reading these books! For those of you who are new to this series, let me give you a little info.

Ms. Lopez uses a journal-style of storytelling. Meaning, reading these books is like reading a teenager's diary. There are spo
Phaedra Seabolt
Aug 08, 2012 Phaedra Seabolt rated it really liked it
This is a very quick read. The third book in the Stories About Melissa series takes place at the beginning of Melissa's sophomore year. This year looks to be shaping up to start off really well since Melissa has had a group of friends over the summer that she is now very close to. She was friends with them previously, but their time together over summer has brought them together even more. Also, a new girl moved in down the street from her that became her newest friend. She just happens to fit i ...more
Ana
Aug 05, 2012 Ana rated it really liked it
If you’ve been to high school and experienced its ups and downs…managed to survive the highs and lows of first love…dealt with the giddiness of great friends and the disappointments of betrayal…then you’ll relate to this series of short stories just as I did. Ciao is the third book in the Stories about Melissa series and allows you once again to enter Melissa’s world and experience it with her. Written in a journal format, Melissa’s (or Missy’s) entries are typical to a young girl. That is, one ...more
Ellen
Aug 15, 2012 Ellen rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tours
Ciao is book #3 in the Stories About Melissa series. The series is about a young teenager, Melissa, or Mis as her friends and family call her. It is written in a journal or diary style, in which Mis tells about her life, her family, her friends, her boyfriends, pretty much everything that goes on with her. This book begins with Melissa's 15th birthday party, and goes into her sophomore year in high school. Melissa and her group of friends, Jimmy, Jess, and Brian are back together and everyone s ...more
Tracey (Life and Literature)
Aug 14, 2012 Tracey (Life and Literature) rated it really liked it
To be quite honest I had never heard of this series until I signed up to be a part of the tour for Ciao. And at first glance these books appear to be really quick, light reads. And while they are quick, I would most definitely say that they aren't light reads because each book touches upon some pretty deep subject matters. But it's done in a way that I'm sure we can all relate to!!

Ciao is written in the same style as the first two books. They are told from the perspective of Melissa as she write
Ruth Hill
Aug 14, 2012 Ruth Hill rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books
Don't judge a book by the first half of it. That is my recommendation when it comes to this book. If you had asked me to write a review of this book based on the first half of the book, I would have barely given it a rating of a three. I felt like I was inside of a selfish teenage girl that only cared about boyfriends, fashion, and appearances. I was not impressed at all with Missy. She was the kind of teenager I never was.

Everything changed a little over halfway into the book. I will not tell
Autumn Review
Jun 07, 2012 Autumn Review rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tours, arc, review
Ciao is the third book in the series. What I like about the series is that it is written like a journal. I used to keep journals, so it reminds me of myself in some ways. A few months ago, I went back and read through some old journals. While I was a little less naive and more experienced in some areas, I still had some of the same issues that Melissa faces with friends, boys, school, and family.

Melissa takes us through her summer break between freshman and sophomore year, continuing through th
Tânia
Jul 17, 2012 Tânia rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
Melissa’s story begins on the day of her 14th birthday when her 12-year-old sister, Megan, gives her a diary as a birthday present. It was funny seeing her reaction, because I remember reacting the same way when I found myself with a diary in hand, looking at the empty white pages, with no idea about what to do with it. Like Melissa, the pages were soon filled by detailed entries about what’s like being a teenager. This book, written as journal entries is incredibly nostalgic because it evoked m ...more
Rachel
Jul 25, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
I liked this book and even though it is book #3 of the series it could easily be read a stand alone book. The book is diary entries in Melissa’s diary. Melissa is a high school student about to begin her sophomore year with her friends. After a summer of hanging out with friends two of them being boys she is in a situation where she likes both of them but doesn’t want to ruin the friendship so goes back out with the boy who has messed her around in the past.
The other boy Jimmy starts dating her
Raine Thomas
Jun 11, 2012 Raine Thomas rated it it was amazing
No sooner did I read xoxoxo than I had to start Ciao. I've gotten addicted to Melissa's exploits! I feel like a teenage girl again as I read her journal, which speaks very highly of the author's writing style.

Ms. Lopez's YA Contemporary books touch on topics relevant to teens, which makes them exceptional reads for youth and adults alike. Parents who want to revisit their teen years or just better relate to teens today should absolutely check out these books.

Ciao has an even more serious turn of
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Apr 02, 2014 Philomena Callan Cheekypee rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the Stories About Melissa Series. I recommend you read book one and two before you read this little gem.

We read about Melissa growing up through her entries in her journal. In this book we read about how she spent her summer as well as all the joys and tears that come with growing up.

Personally this is my favourite read out of the three.

The author did a great job with these books. I've not read a book that was told from a fourteen year old before. I've not read a boo
Shayna Varadeaux
Oh my gosh! I was so shocked at the turn of events in this book! I cried seriously!

I encountered alot of things in my teen years but never this sort of thing and it is so relevant and a brave subject to broach. I want to congratulate the author on capturing true life and putting it into these stories. This book in the series drew me in and I could not put it down! I am so proud of our MC right now and everything she has accomplished. It ends on a pretty good spot but I was happy i had the next
Courtney
Jul 15, 2012 Courtney rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful story in the Stories About Melissa series by Bethany Lopez. I love how it is told as diary entries by Melissa.
'Ciao' covers all the things that a teenager goes through in her life - loss, love, friendship, family, pain and jealousy. I loved reading this book and I definitely recommend that others read it as well!
Susan
Aug 14, 2012 Susan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
"Ciao" is the third book in the Stories about Melissa series. A quick easy read that is written in a diary format where you find yourself thinking back and relating, to when you were high school. I totally enjoyed reading "Ciao" and recommend it to everyone.

This review is based on a complimentary copy which was provided for an honest review.
Kristy
Mar 05, 2015 Kristy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x
I love how these are fairly light, fun reads yet each one includes a serious event or topic, so they're still realistic.
Terri
Nov 02, 2014 Terri rated it it was amazing
This is a great third part to Melissa's coming of age story. I'm addicted. Great characters, lots of emotions, and all around awesome read. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Chloe
Feb 24, 2013 Chloe rated it it was amazing
this is the 3rd book in the Stories About Melissa, series and I loved how much Melissa has grown.
This is one of my all time favourite series, and I can't wait to see where book four goes.
Crystal (Kris)
Ciao is a cute read that looks into a high school girl's life from friendship to family to crushes and love through the journal that she keeps. There is a fabulous cast of characters with people that you want for your group of friends: cool guys (with two vying for your attention), the best girl friend who knows everything (Jess), and gorgeous Cassie who's so sweet you can't grudge her good lucks. It was fun watching them go through the high-school drama that seems like it means the world at the ...more
Jess
Aug 21, 2012 Jess rated it liked it
In Ciao we see Melissa getting to know herself and owning her decisions. Still immature and even selfish, we see her as a teenage girl trying to connect with her friends. She outgrows sad experiences from the past and keeps going. She begins a new chapter where incertitude dominates her. Is love a priority for her? Is friendship what she values the most? It is a new year and she needs to decide. She is between the boy she has forever loved and the boy who is a great friend. Maybe she cannot have ...more
Carmen Shaw
Aug 18, 2012 Carmen Shaw rated it liked it
Overall Thoughts:
Such a quick and easy read!

Ciao is about a 15 year old girl named Melissa who is just starting her sophomore year in high school. She finds two new friends, Carrie and Giovanni, and they quickly become apart of the her group. We follow the gang as Jess finds her first boyfriend; Melissa is put in an awkward position of choosing who to be with romantically; and accepting a fate they may not want.

What I liked about this book:
This book was written in a journal entry format. Every p
Lovey Dovey Books
Jun 30, 2012 Lovey Dovey Books rated it liked it
Bethany Lopez's Stories About Melissa novels have all been quick reads filled with teenage fun and silly drama. Ciao does introduce this group of sophomores to more serious issues, but the overall tone stays light-hearted.

Lopez does an excellent job of keeping true to the youthful way of thinking and portrays Melissa as the average fifteen year old. Most of her worries center around boys, friendship, and family. While Lopez's character development is on the right path, the story itself could use
Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)
Did I enjoy this book: I did enjoy this book but I will warn you, it is heavier and more sad than the first two books. It was another quick read that had me glued to my Kindle until I finished the last page. In fact, it only took me a few hours to finish this book. (Which, while staying at home with two kids, is a feat and says something about this book!)

This book continued with the journal format and Melissa is growing up even more...perhaps faster than she should have to as well. I don't want
Stephanie Ward
Aug 16, 2012 Stephanie Ward rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review
'Ciao' is the third book in the young adult contemporary series 'Stories About Melissa'. The book is told as journal entries written by the main character, Melissa. They chronicle her fun summer, her problems at school, friendship and family issues, and other teen concerns. I thought that the voice of Melissa was very realistic and believable - it seemed like the journal entries were right out of a teenage girl's diary. The problems that Melissa faces in the book are all things that readers can ...more
Destiny
Aug 15, 2012 Destiny rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
This book was okay in the first half of the book. The second half of the book it definitely picked up and the main character did not seem so superficial. It was a cute read and honestly I have not read the 1st two in the series due to not being able to find them as a nook download. I dont' feel that I really missed much having not read the first two books but still intend to read them to see if they change my perspective on this installment and then I can change my rating accordingly.
I think th
Bethany Lopez
May 24, 2012 Bethany Lopez added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Ciao is Free on Kindle Unlimited!

Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Ciao-Stories-ab...
Audible - http://www.audible.com/pd/Teens/Ciao-...
Kissed by Ink
Aug 11, 2012 Kissed by Ink rated it liked it

Review coming soon...
Tiffany York
Tiffany York rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • When I’m With You (The Jane Austen Academy Series, #3)
  • Somewhere Only We Know
  • Sun Damage (Sunshine, #3)
  • The Guardians Crown Parts One and Two (The Sacred Guardians #4)
  • Mutilate My Heart (Mutilated, #1)
  • Burned (Crushed #2)
  • A Date of Godlike Proportions (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #2.5)
  • Heart Shaped Rock
  • The Clearing (Outside, #2)
  • Unbound (All Good Things #1)
  • True Fate (True Fate #1)
  • The Reason Series: Complete Collection (Reason, #1-4)
  • A Safe Space (Someone Else's Fairytale, #3.5)
  • Taking Angels
  • Revolutionary (Anomaly, #3)
  • Where You'll Find Me
  • Creators (The Lost Souls, #3)
  • Adrenaline Rush (Christy, #1)
Sign up for my Newsletter for more information about my writing: http://crea.tf/bethanylopeznewsletter

Award-Winning Author Bethany Lopez began self-publishing in June 2011. She's a lover of all things romance: books, movies, music, and life, and she incorporates that into the books she writes. When she isn't reading or writing, she loves spending time with her husband and children, traveling whene
More about Bethany Lopez...

Stories About Melissa (7 books)
  • Ta Ta for Now! (Stories About Melissa, #1)
  • xoxoxo (Stories About Melissa, #2)
  • TTYL (Stories About Melissa, #4)
  • With Love (Stories About Melissa, #5)
  • Adios (Stories about Melissa, #6)
  • Peace (Stories about Melissa, #7)