Start by marking “Taming the Outback” as Want to Read:
Taming the Outback

Taming the Outback

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Libby is set on taming the outback as she takes over Quincy Station, but can she tame her rough neighbor, Nathan's, hardened heart as well? Nathan Miller rattles Libby's nerves more than she cares to admit. He is the one person that stands between her and the family home that has been left to her. So why then does the man stir her up to such an extent, her body pulses with ...more
Published August 24th 2012 by Breathless Press (first published March 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Taming the Outback, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taming the Outback

Liberty Ann Ireland
Australia is the only country besides America that has a true claim to a 'Wild West' and they call theirs the Outback. I love Aussie accents and of course, I think that all the men of the Outback look like Hugh Jackman.;) If you have read SnifferWalk before, (You have read SnifferWalk before, right?) you know that I have a thing for cowboys so when I saw the opportunity to review Taming the Outback, well, I was all over it. The great thing is, I was not one bit disappointed!

The Good: Hmmm...Lib
Lynelle Clark
Sparks flew from the moment widow Libby and Nathan met with a definite underlining of physical attraction towards each other. But Nathan was slow to admit to his feelings due to a past scorn and Libby had to take matters in her own hands to convince him that he love's her. Added in the mixture to create even more intrigue a rebellious teenage son and cute six year old daughter the plot thickens. Nathan had this macho over powering manners that scared the kids but after an near fatal accident thi ...more
Carmen Falcone
Taming the Outback is a very compelling read. I really enjoyed reading it, from the moment Libby's life changed (and she had to go to live in a "station", an Aussie ranch) until the end (buy the book and you'll know, lol).

Libby is a strong heroine, and the author made her a well-rounded character. The author also pulled me into the scenes, and made even the secondary characters (her kids, Hannah and Josh, the foreman and Winton-- I particularly like what she does for Winton) leap from the page.

A
Efthalia Pegios
A first taste from this expressive new Author, Ann B. Harrison.

Taming the Outback is a dirt and dust outback romance. The story opens with Libby who inherits a farm. But what Libby doesn’t expect is an irate and annoying nieghbour named Nathan.

Nathan infuriates Libby to no end. Deep down she knows that he’s only got eyes for her farm and will do everything and anything to send her packing back to the city.

Libby however is strong willed and wants to learn how to run her newly acquired land but
Aine Massie
4.5 Drops

Taming the Outback is not only set in Australia, but it’s written in the same lingo, but that just made it more fun to read. Libby is a widow whose in-laws were horrible even before her husband died and her own family had passed back when she was a teen, leaving her to raise her two children alone.

Nathan is a sexy Aussie cowboy whose been burnt by one woman that couldn't hack the life on a station (ranch/farm), leaving him heartbroken and jaded.

When Libby inherits the station next door,
Chanpreet
Single mother Libby is on her last straw. Her teenage son is getting into all sorts of trouble and she's trying to make her money stretch when she receives a call she's inherited a station in the outback from a great-uncle. Being a city girl, Libby decides she has nothing to lose and decides to move her family into the wilderness. Neighbor Nathan doesn't think Libby can hack it in the "wilderness" but he also can't stop wanting her in his bed. He's torn between getting her in the sheets and gett ...more
Jody
Taming the Outback by Ann B. Harrison is a pleasantly romantic and straight-up story with very little emotional obstacles along the way. It gives us a likable heroine who has to work her fingers to the bone and shows children as mini adults who adjust to change better than adults. Throw in an emotionally bitter neighbor with prejudice against city girls and you have the makings of a satisfying, if by the numbers, romance.

Libby has recently gained a farm and though she knows nothing about farming
The BookWhisperer

Miranda
For some reason, I couldn’t completely immerse myself into this book. I thought Libby was sweet and her kids were adorable, I thought Nathan was sexy, and Winston and the foreman were a great addition to the story. However, to me, Nathan was too abrasive. I understand that he was hurt in the past but he was just out and out rude to Libby and her family. And although Libby didn’t stand for it, she kept letting him come back into her house for him to scream at her some more. Nathan was never willi ...more
Petra Rovere
This is my second book from the Ann B Harrison. I liked the first one (Mistress for Magnus) so much I wanted to read something from the same author again. In short - I was not dissapointed.

Both main charaters are strong persons which deals each with their own demons from the past.
Will they be able to conquer them and their predjudice?

I will leave you to find that on your own...
Patty
What a great story! I loved the characters and the setting. Strong willed
Libby inherits a station and encounters her annoying neighbor Nathan. Tempers and sparks fly! The secondary characters were great and added to the story.
This is the first book I've read by this author and I will definitely read any upcoming releases!
Donna
What a great discription of the strugel of every day outback with the comming ones own self love stry thrown in
Great quick read lovwd it ready to read more of Ann's books
Jaye
Loved the story from start to finish. Fell in love with old Tom and the Neighbours. Great read.
Nicky
another great read by Ann love your work
Mew Rincone
Mew Rincone marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Beatrix
Beatrix marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Becky Pancoast
Becky Pancoast marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I swear I was born with a book in my hand and that is how I spent most of my childhood. That was fine until I got older and the voices in my head demanded to be heard and I started to write.
The voices are no quieter but there are less of them.
More about Ann B. Harrison...
Red Hot Two for One (The Club, #1) From the Outback Outback Thunder Outback Gold