Start by marking “Taming the Outback” as Want to Read:
Taming the Outback

Taming the Outback

4.11  ·  Rating Details  ·  66 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Libby is set on taming the outback as she takes over Quincy Station, but can she tame her rough neighbor, Nathan's, hardened heart as well? Nathan Miller rattles Libby's nerves more than she cares to admit. He is the one person that stands between her and the family home that has been left to her. So why then does the man stir her up to such an extent, her body pulses with ...more
Published August 24th 2012 by Breathless Press (first published March 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Taming the Outback, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taming the Outback

Liberty Ann Ireland
Sep 29, 2012 Liberty Ann Ireland rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Romance lovers
Australia is the only country besides America that has a true claim to a 'Wild West' and they call theirs the Outback. I love Aussie accents and of course, I think that all the men of the Outback look like Hugh Jackman.;) If you have read SnifferWalk before, (You have read SnifferWalk before, right?) you know that I have a thing for cowboys so when I saw the opportunity to review Taming the Outback, well, I was all over it. The great thing is, I was not one bit disappointed!

The Good: Hmmm...Lib
Lynelle Clark
Sep 27, 2012 Lynelle Clark rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adventure, romance
Sparks flew from the moment widow Libby and Nathan met with a definite underlining of physical attraction towards each other. But Nathan was slow to admit to his feelings due to a past scorn and Libby had to take matters in her own hands to convince him that he love's her. Added in the mixture to create even more intrigue a rebellious teenage son and cute six year old daughter the plot thickens. Nathan had this macho over powering manners that scared the kids but after an near fatal accident thi ...more
Carmen Falcone
Sep 03, 2012 Carmen Falcone rated it it was amazing
Taming the Outback is a very compelling read. I really enjoyed reading it, from the moment Libby's life changed (and she had to go to live in a "station", an Aussie ranch) until the end (buy the book and you'll know, lol).

Libby is a strong heroine, and the author made her a well-rounded character. The author also pulled me into the scenes, and made even the secondary characters (her kids, Hannah and Josh, the foreman and Winton-- I particularly like what she does for Winton) leap from the page.

A
Effie Pegios
Sep 04, 2012 Effie Pegios rated it it was amazing
A first taste from this expressive new Author, Ann B. Harrison.

Taming the Outback is a dirt and dust outback romance. The story opens with Libby who inherits a farm. But what Libby doesn’t expect is an irate and annoying nieghbour named Nathan.

Nathan infuriates Libby to no end. Deep down she knows that he’s only got eyes for her farm and will do everything and anything to send her packing back to the city.

Libby however is strong willed and wants to learn how to run her newly acquired land but
Aine Massie
Oct 01, 2012 Aine Massie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
4.5 Drops

Taming the Outback is not only set in Australia, but it’s written in the same lingo, but that just made it more fun to read. Libby is a widow whose in-laws were horrible even before her husband died and her own family had passed back when she was a teen, leaving her to raise her two children alone.

Nathan is a sexy Aussie cowboy whose been burnt by one woman that couldn't hack the life on a station (ranch/farm), leaving him heartbroken and jaded.

When Libby inherits the station next door,
Chanpreet
Mar 29, 2013 Chanpreet rated it really liked it
Shelves: mar-yc-aussie
Single mother Libby is on her last straw. Her teenage son is getting into all sorts of trouble and she's trying to make her money stretch when she receives a call she's inherited a station in the outback from a great-uncle. Being a city girl, Libby decides she has nothing to lose and decides to move her family into the wilderness. Neighbor Nathan doesn't think Libby can hack it in the "wilderness" but he also can't stop wanting her in his bed. He's torn between getting her in the sheets and gett ...more
Jody
Oct 13, 2012 Jody rated it really liked it
Taming the Outback by Ann B. Harrison is a pleasantly romantic and straight-up story with very little emotional obstacles along the way. It gives us a likable heroine who has to work her fingers to the bone and shows children as mini adults who adjust to change better than adults. Throw in an emotionally bitter neighbor with prejudice against city girls and you have the makings of a satisfying, if by the numbers, romance.

Libby has recently gained a farm and though she knows nothing about farming
Debi Mozingo
Oy... just not sure!

While the writing style was mostly good, the story was a repeat of another of her books. The "sexy" scenes were awkward, and I skipped over most of them as they didn't help the story at all. Very torn here.
The BookWhisperer
May 19, 2013 The BookWhisperer rated it it was ok

Miranda
May 17, 2013 Miranda rated it it was ok
For some reason, I couldn’t completely immerse myself into this book. I thought Libby was sweet and her kids were adorable, I thought Nathan was sexy, and Winston and the foreman were a great addition to the story. However, to me, Nathan was too abrasive. I understand that he was hurt in the past but he was just out and out rude to Libby and her family. And although Libby didn’t stand for it, she kept letting him come back into her house for him to scream at her some more. Nathan was never willi ...more
Petra Rovere
Aug 16, 2014 Petra Rovere rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my second book from the Ann B Harrison. I liked the first one (Mistress for Magnus) so much I wanted to read something from the same author again. In short - I was not dissapointed.

Both main charaters are strong persons which deals each with their own demons from the past.
Will they be able to conquer them and their predjudice?

I will leave you to find that on your own...
Patty
Nov 17, 2015 Patty rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, australia, own
What a great story! I loved the characters and the setting. Strong willed
Libby inherits a station and encounters her annoying neighbor Nathan. Tempers and sparks fly! The secondary characters were great and added to the story.
This is the first book I've read by this author and I will definitely read any upcoming releases!
Donna
Oct 21, 2013 Donna rated it really liked it
What a great discription of the strugel of every day outback with the comming ones own self love stry thrown in
Great quick read lovwd it ready to read more of Ann's books
Jaye
Aug 08, 2013 Jaye rated it it was amazing
Loved the story from start to finish. Fell in love with old Tom and the Neighbours. Great read.
Nicky
Aug 04, 2013 Nicky rated it it was amazing
another great read by Ann love your work
Vivian
Vivian rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2016
Jane M Lovelock
Jane M Lovelock rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2016
Mother
Mother marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Catherine
Catherine rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2016
Rosslyn
Rosslyn is currently reading it
Jan 26, 2016
The Circle
The Circle rated it it was ok
Jan 07, 2016
Dedrie Lyons
Dedrie Lyons marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Megan Louise
Megan Louise marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Lisa Amamda Tobin
Lisa Amamda Tobin rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Nov 09, 2015
Reet
Reet marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Dawn Uden
Dawn Uden rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I swear I was born with a book in my hand and that is how I spent most of my childhood. That was fine until I got older and the voices in my head demanded to be heard and I started to write.
The voices are no quieter but there are less of them.
More about Ann B. Harrison...