Start by marking “The Wild One (The de Montforte Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Wild One (The de Montforte Brothers, #1)

The Wild One (The de Montforte Brothers #1)

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,315 Ratings  ·  328 Reviews
England, 1776: Lord Gareth de Montforte is known as an irresponsible rake with a heart of gold. When he takes a bullet for boldly thwarting a stagecoach robbery, he is stunned to discover that the beautiful young woman he has heroically rescued, Juliet Paige, is his deceased brother’s American fiancée, accompanied by her infant daughter. Despite his brother the duke's refu ...more
Kindle Edition, 2nd edition, 373 pages
Published May 15th 2012 by Danelle Harmon (first published December 26th 1997)

♡Karlyn P♡
awesome!! Just as good as I remembered, sigh. (full review soon!)

----------->
Finally on ebook format!!! Going for a re-read, this was one of my favorite historical romance series. I sure wish the author would come out of retirement too, but for now glad to have this series on ebook format. :-)
Sabrina Jeffries
The One Series. I scarfed these down like candy. Harmon's de Montforte brothers are each delicious, and every book is better than the last. Unfortunately, most are out of print, but if you see them in the used bookstore, definitely grab a copy.
Atunah
Free today on Kindle 8/28/12 !!!!

Backlist title, just released on Kindle 5/15/12 :)

Being able to read these backlist titles, is one of my favorite thing about my Kindle.
I have issues with the font in paperback books, especially those that are long out of print and yellowed. So every time I see a title pop up on Kindle, that I have had on my list for a long time, I am very happy.

This is the kind of book that reminds me why I love Historical Romance novels.
The Hero is a spoiled, childish, irres
Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥
Jun 04, 2012 Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥ by: ♡Karlyn P♡
This was the first book I read by Danelle Harmon and I liked it. Gareth.. immature, adorable and fun and I charmed by his characters. Life with him will be fun, I know coz my dear hubby is like him. Always make me laugh when things got hard.

When I started reading this book, I'm afraid Juliet will not fall in love with Gareth. But seeing Gareth take responsibility and make her laugh, I saw affection and love grow between them.

The story is good and I want to know what happen to all DeMontforte br
Elizabeta
Apr 27, 2016 Elizabeta rated it liked it
Average story. I wasn't going to continue with the series, but the ending.... Hmmmm, maybe I will check out the next one.

description
Pam
Jun 11, 2012 Pam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ignore the cover! One third of the way in, I was cringing for Juliet and Gareth...mis-matched, obviously attracted to each other, constantly disappointing each other - just too painful! Then each began to give and negotiate their relationship (thank heaven they both were forgiving of the other)and suddenly I found myself engaged and rooting for them...and now I'm on to the second book!
Jonetta
Jun 02, 2012 Jonetta rated it it was amazing
Juliet Paige is on her way to England to meet the family of her deceased fiance, Charles de Monteforte. She's arrived from war-torn Boston with her 6-month old daughter, Charlotte, the product of her relationship with Charles, and it's been a year since his death. When her stage coach is attacked by highwaymen not far from the de Monteforte estate, as fate would have it, Gareth de Monteforte comes to the rescue of the travelers but is injured in the process. It's not long before they realize eac ...more
Kimberly Rocha~ Book Obsessed Chicks
The Wild One is my first foray into Danelle Harmon's books and I am so pleasantly surprised that I have added this talented writer's books to my TBR list.

The second son of the De Montforte legacy, Charles, heads to the colonies to fight for the British crown. There he meets the love of his life, and before he has a chance to marry her, he becomes a casualty of war, leaving Juliet Paige an unwed mother as well as an out of place loyalist.

With her infant daughter Charlotte and a reserve of iron,
Lauren
The Wild One
3 Stars

Juliet Paige and her baby daughter are on their way to meet her deceased fiancé’s family in England, when her coach is waylaid by highwaymen. Little does she know that the young gentleman who comes to the passengers’ rescue is none other than her lover’s younger brother, Gareth de Montforte. Gareth, known as The Wild One for his rakish ways, is smitten with Juliet from the start and vows to reform and become the husband and father she and her daughter deserve. Now all he has t
LaFleurBleue
Apr 08, 2014 LaFleurBleue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book by chance, because it was offered as a freebie, and did not have much expectations about it. I had never read anything from this author before.
I was surprised for the first page onwards, that this book was so much more than what I thought it would be.
There's a nice plot with several new developments, change of direction driven by character development or external conditions - some were predictable, but definitely not all of those, some were funny, others not. Overall I was rat
Lady Wesley
Jun 08, 2012 Lady Wesley rated it really liked it
Very sweet love story; fairly light plot. But I enjoyed it a lot.

Based on reviews, I'm skipping the next installment and moving on the #3.

Hats off, BTW, to the author for making her backlist available on Kindle. This volume was only 99 cents (although I note that the subsequent volumes go up in price; well why not? we must pay for our addictions). My only complaint is with some of the formatting: frequently entire paragraphs were indented rather than just the first line. Annoying, but not a deal
Sonya Heaney
This book is actually a rerelease of a book first published in 1997. I was not aware of this at the time, but as you read, it makes sense (in a good way!).

A couple of decades ago historical romance was a little different. If you ignore the Fabioesque/bodice ripper/whatever it was that was being published back then, there were actually some books with a bit more to them. A bit more history, a bit more adventure, a lot less in the way of Disney-style anachronisms.

Interesting to read a book set in
(Nat) Reading Romances
A timeless love story! Danelle is such a talented author that you'll find yourself crying, laughing and smile while turning pages. It's so fluid and emotional but at the same time isn't a heavy reading experience. You'll feel like these characters are a part of your family, since you'll empathize and get to know them so well. You'll be charmed by de Montfortes!
Rob

This was a Kindle freebie, and honestly? with the free reads my expectations are not very high, OMG! this was one of the best historical romances I've read in a while. I didn't get halfway through and was already thinking I can hardly wait for the next in the series. My first from this author and was truly impressed. I thought it was a very well written and beautifully touching love story.

Book Synopsis:

"They call me The Wild One, and for good reason. The devil only knows whether or not I am

Tishke
Aug 07, 2011 Tishke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amber Peart Peart
Dec 15, 2012 Amber Peart Peart rated it really liked it
Charles de Montforte has died in the colonies, leaving his American fiance, Juliet, heartbroken and in dire straights. She’s pregnant with his child. He’s always told her to return to his home in England, Blackheath Castle, if anything ever happened to him, and his family would take care of her. Branded a Royalist sympathiser she has no choice, and makes the crossing with baby Charlotte in tow. Nearing the castle, her stagecoach is held up at gunpoint. Enter Gareth de Montforte, or The Wild One. ...more
Gwen ~the Book Diva
This was pretty good. I decided to throw in a quick historical romance and this one worked out. The story was really good and kept my interest. Gareth was very sweet and wild but a bit immature at the same time. I did admire Juliet's determination take care of herself and ability to love Gareth despite all the challenges he presented! But that ending totally flipped the script for me! I will picking up book 2 ASAP! Not a cliffhanger but...oh just read it and you'll see!!
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️
Mar 13, 2016 Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️ marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️ by: Jennifer Leighton
Shelves: audio_books
3/13/16
Kindle Freebie!!! http://www.amazon.com/Wild-One-Montfo...

* Audible members can pick-up the audio book for $1.99!!
Awakencordy
I'M IN A HISTORICAL ROMANCE MOOD THIS MONTH. This was a freebie while I was looking for a new book and it turns out that this is not a new book, it's an OLD one, so i thought "yay!". And it delivered. (Old ones do it better when it's historical romance, in my opinion.)

This one was a fun family story, rather than a gazing-in-the-eyes romance story. A whole family is in this series and I liked that fact. I like it when series resemble an actual series, you know? Rather than making people wait.
Nidofito
It rather puts a damper on things when you're more interested in the hero's older, wicked brother. Didn't help that I found the hero ridiculous initially and thought of abandoning the book a couple times because of it. However, I am glad to say that the hero's character does grow on you as the story progresses and his personality gains more depth and maturity while retaining that happy-go-lucky attitude. The story also picks up its pace and becomes more interesting, with quite a bit of action to ...more
Carolyn
Aug 09, 2012 Carolyn rated it really liked it
Recommended to Carolyn by: Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥
Shelves: harmon-danelle
This is my first book by this author and I can't wait to start the next book, "The Beloved One."
Jewel
May 21, 2012 Jewel marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This one is up on kindle for 0.99$
I think I'll go for it!
Les Romantiques
Jan 28, 2016 Les Romantiques rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Posted on Les Romantiques - Le forum du site
Reviewed by Rinou
Review Copy from the Publisher

Sometimes I choose a republication to review and forget the most fundamental precaution: check the reviews posted for the previous publication. Most of the time the experiment ends badly, and it’s not The Wild One that will reverse the trend. The story: the hero will marry his dead brother’s fiancée and adopt their baby. That could have been so much better.

The hero, Gareth, is introduced as an alcoholic ra
Elis Madison
Lord Gareth de Montforte is drunkenly riding home…

…when he and his horse stumble on an armed robbery. The villains have already killed three men, and one of them is threatening a young woman when he decides to engage. He manages to fight them off before he himself is shot. Next thing he knows, he's being cradled on the young woman's lap, bleeding all over her.

Juliet is stunned to realize that her rescuer is none other than the brother of her betrothed, Charles, an English captain who died in the
May Mostly Romance
Sep 10, 2013 May Mostly Romance rated it liked it
Shelves: historical
อาจจะไมใชเลมทีเราชอบมากทีสุดในชุด แตการกลับมาอานใหมอีกครัง เราพบวา ตัวเองชอบเลมนีมากกวาความรูสึกทีจำได อาจเพราะตอนนันยังเอาะมาก แลวกมีทัศนคติทียังไมอาจยอมรับนางเอกทีไมใชสาวบริสุทธิได ทีมากไปกวานัน นางเอกยังเปนแมของลูกสาวของพีชายพระเอกอีกตางหาก

จูเลียต เพจเดินทางมาจากอเมริกาเพือหวังพึงครอบครัวของคูหมันทีเสียชีวิตไปในการรบ เพราะชารลตายกอนทีจะมีพิธีแตงงาน จูเลียตจึงกลายเปนผูหญิงทีมีราคี และลูกสาวของเธอเปนลูกนอกกฎหมาย

เมือมาถึงหญิงสาวกถูกปลนจากโจรทางหลวง แตกไดรับการชวยเหลือจากลอรดกาเรธ ผูซึงเปนนองชายข
Melanie
Jul 11, 2012 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THE WILD ONE opens the de Montforte series which is about four brothers and a sister.
Gareth’s story is filled with humor and heart break, but what I liked best was this heroin’s story and the way she handled herself (although at times she did get my goat up!) despite the situations Gareth put her into.

Gareth is the third son of a Duke, and current Duke’s spare heir. He is not exactly a black sheep of the family, even though he is described as such, but a twenty-three year old scoundrel whose rep
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
The Wild One is Book 1 in the The De Montforte Brothers series by Danelle Harmon. I downloaded it free from Amazon before I left home. When I checked a few days ago it was still free. It is set in 1775, around the time of the American Revolution. If you like Historical Fiction you should pick this on up. A warning though; there is a real shocker near the end and you will probably want the read the next book just to see what happens.

The De Monforte family consists of four brothers and one sister
C.L. Bevill
Okay. What to say. Colonial girl with baby comes to England to throw herself on the mercy of her deceased fiancee's family. However, the baby is a bastard, the head of the family is a prink, one of the brothers (the wild one) is a playboy rake. Everyone's got an issue. But the playboy rake decides he must marry the colonial girl because she's cute and he has to do the right thing. The colonial girl fights her urges because she really luvs the dead guy. Historical romantic entanglements proceed.

G
Tam B.
Jun 02, 2012 Tam B. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another recommendation via SBTB. This e-book was only a 99c buy so I took a chance and have been thoroughly entertained.

This story is the opener in a series about the de Montforte brothers. We start with a letter from the second eldest (Charles) to the eldest, The Duke (Lucien) asking him to care for his fiancee and child should anything happen to him. What we don't know at that point and not for some time is that Lucien is a master manipulator of his family and likely others. Enter Juliette, ou
Sawyer Belle
Dec 04, 2013 Sawyer Belle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun and Quirky!

Aah...Gareth. The playboy youth who laughs at life. It would be nice to have the sort of demeanor he has, to be able find joy in every situation. Sadly, I am not like that. I could more identify with Juliet - the serious one, the worry about every detail and feel like you have to do it all on your own one...

...which is why this love story is so endearing. People like Juliet need someone like Gareth. They need someone who can get them out of their own heads, shoulder the burdens, h
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 09, 2015 12:58PM
  • With this Kiss
  • The Education of Mrs. Brimley (Chambers Trilogy, #1)
  • An Undeniable Rogue (Rogues Club, #1)
  • Her Wicked Ways (Secrets & Scandals #1)
  • Rough Wrangler, Tender Kisses
  • Intentions of the Earl (Scandalous Sisters #1)
  • The Beauty Bride (Jewels of Kinfairlie, #1)
  • The Mistress of Trevelyan (Trevelyan #1)
  • Across a Moonlit Sea (Dante Pirates, #1)
  • Surrender A Dream
  • The Inconvenient Duchess (The Radwells #1)
  • Caroline (Beauvisage, #1)
  • Rogue's Honor (The Saint of Seven Dials, #1)
  • Never a Mistress, No Longer a Maid (Kellington, #1)
  • Midnight Marriage (Roxton Series #2)
  • The Sweetest Revenge
  • Twice a Rake
  • Love's Portrait
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Danelle Harmon has written twelve critically acclaimed and award-winning books, with many being published all over the world. A Massachusetts native, she has lived in Great Britain, though these days she and her English husband make their home in New England with their daughter Emma and numerous animals including three dogs, an Egyptian Arabian horse ...more
More about Danelle Harmon...

The de Montforte Brothers (5 books)
  • The Beloved One (de Montforte, #2)
  • The Defiant One (de Montforte, #3)
  • The Wicked One (de Montforte, #4)
  • The Wayward One (The de Montforte Brothers, #5)

“He can make me laugh when all I want to do is cry. He can make me see the good in a situation when all I see is the bad. He knows when life should be taken seriously — and when it shouldn't. He's delightful and funny and clever — and not afraid to make a total cake of himself." ” 1 likes
“the only thing tears ever brought a person were wrinkles before their time.” 0 likes