Start by marking “Beauty is the Beast, Vol. 5” as Want to Read:
Beauty is the Beast, Vol. 5

Beauty is the Beast, Vol. 5 (Beauty is the Beast #5)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  305 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
FINAL VOLUME!

When bubbly eleventh-grader Eimi Yamashita finds out that her parents are relocating for work, she decides to strike out on her own and move into a dormitory for girls. Little does Eimi suspect the exciting romantic adventures that await her there!

Eimi's gong home for the holidays, but she's only been to her parents' new house once! Shimonuki is all set to a
Published November 7th 2006 by VIZ Media LLC (first published March 5th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Beauty is the Beast, Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty is the Beast, Vol. 5

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsTiger's Voyage by Colleen HouckCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsEclipse by Stephenie MeyerSeptember Ends by Hunter S. Jones
Love Triangle
175th out of 296 books — 543 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingThe Name of the Rose by Umberto EcoKafka on the Shore by Haruki MurakamiLolita by Vladimir NabokovThe Far Side Gallery 4 by Gary Larson
Bifocals!
77th out of 139 books — 34 voters

More lists with this book...

☆♥Starzee♥☆
Sigh... I hate it when books end like that. And was it just me, or were the last two volumes kind of all over the place? It almost felt like I was missing entire chapters of the story.

I was always a Wanichin fan, didn't like Simone much to be honest.

But then, I'm always routing for the guy with the tortured past! Bad habit of mine =D

Eimi was hilarious throughout the story. I like that she didn't immediately fall at Wanichin's feet in a drooling heap. I like that she was pretty much unaffected by
Estara
Mar 09, 2013 Estara rated it liked it
Alise  (Readers in Wonderland)
May 31, 2013 Alise (Readers in Wonderland) rated it really liked it
Well that was an.... interesting ride. Can't say the ending was tied up too well, because we never really got to SEE Taka's true feelings for Eimi, is was more told to us using the very very last two pages after that weird short story. I don't know, although there was a definite end and you know where everyone ends up, I wanted to SEE more of a resolution, the characters admitting their feelings to one another/saying goodbye, etc.

Overall, it was a pretty funny, cute series.
Kricket
Jul 03, 2008 Kricket rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga, 2008, shojo
the last volume in the series and i have no idea what happened. seriously: this one does not make ANY SENSE AT ALL.
which i guess was the case in vol. 4 too. one she stopped focusing on the dorm-girl hijinks and tried to make it a tortured love story, things went downhill quickly.
Avery
Mar 11, 2013 Avery rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-books, manga
*SPOILERS*
I am very sad that this series is over :( Only 5 volumes! What the heck! I knew from the start that Eimi would end up with Wanichin, but throughout the series, I was sorta rooting for both him and Simone? I really liked Simone! Poor guy :'( Wanichin and Eimi are definitely better for each other though... Can I just have Simone then...? Please...
Jenny Thurlow
Aug 13, 2013 Jenny Thurlow rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
This is a what the crap ending. What the crap, it was like the author was like, "I'm bored drawing and done." anticlimactic
Starbubbles
Jun 27, 2014 Starbubbles rated it really liked it
Winna
Jul 28, 2009 Winna rated it liked it
I hate the loose ending. Although it sounds like a happy one?
Destiny
Oct 25, 2011 Destiny rated it liked it
Loved the series. was kinda disappointed on how it ended =/
Andrea Evans
Aug 13, 2013 Andrea Evans rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
This wasn't an ending this was quitting.
Anya
Jan 08, 2015 Anya rated it liked it
The final volume was just as funny as all the others.My only problem with it was the ending: there was none. It just sort of stopped. There wasn't much of a conclusion. We don't know the final feelings of any of the characters. It was sort of like ending a television series 3/4 of the way through the season.
Dexter
Jan 01, 2016 Dexter rated it it was amazing
Maaan I wish there were more of these. But I'm very pleased with how the series ended. Eimi is so adorably wonderful. I love her so much, and there's so much of her weird quirkiness in this volume (plus some tiny peeks at her parents).
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Huh, I kind of like the series. Some of the volumes were good to okay. This one is the finale. Kind of cute at times. Makes you want to know what will happen to the characters at least. Good volume.
Amy-beth
3 stars because I'm still in a confusion state with the ending. Reading the extra at the end helped... But I feel like it was all rushed because the book wasnt doing well and said it had to end... If that makes sense
Regina Hunter
Jan 12, 2011 Regina Hunter rated it really liked it
I hope that's not the last of the series, I would be very pissed if so.
Racquel
sometimes i don't know who to root for Wanibuchi or Satoshi
Bookfan92
Bookfan92 marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Adhitya
Adhitya marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
joules
joules rated it did not like it
Jul 16, 2016
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2016
Andrew Wilkerson
Andrew Wilkerson rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2016
Maria Jose
Maria Jose rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2016
Sarah Williams
Sarah Williams rated it really liked it
May 28, 2016
Siena
Siena rated it liked it
May 17, 2016
Lovedaisy
Lovedaisy rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2016
  • Cat Street, Vol. 1 (Cat Street #1)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 17 (Hana-Kimi, #17)
  • Tsubasa: Those with Wings, Volume 3
  • Me & My Brothers, Volume 9 (Me & My Brothers, #9)
  • Maison Ikkoku, Volume 14 (Maison Ikkoku, #14)
  • Bitter Virgin 2 (Bitter Virgin #2)
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 3 (Beauty Pop, #3)
  • Midnight Secretary, Vol. 07 (Midnight Secretary, #7)
  • Crimson Hero, Vol. 2

Beauty is the Beast (5 books)
  • Beauty is the Beast, Vol. 1