Start by marking “Buzz Books 2012” as Want to Read:
Buzz Books 2012

Buzz Books 2012

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  19 reviews
BEA in an eBook. Start reading exclusive excerpts from over 30 top Fall titles featured at the BookExpo America convention right now. Enjoy new work from Junot Díaz, Mark Helprin, Rhoda Janzen, Barbara Kingsolver, Jessica Khoury, Dennis Lehane, J.R. Moehringer, Neil Young, and many others in the free BEA BUZZ BOOKS from Publishers Lunch.
ebook
Published May 18th 2012 by Publishers Lunch (first published May 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Buzz Books 2012, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buzz Books 2012

John
Jun 01, 2012 John rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: BEA members, all readers, previewers
Recommended to John by: BEA
BEA Buzz Books: A treasure trove of forthcoming books

Did you ever wonder where, beyond reviews and advance info from The New York Times and such sources, some readers and reviewers manage to seem to get the jump on others when it comes to new books being released? Chances are that they are paid subscribers to Publishers Lunch, which is billed as the industry's "daily essential read." It's largest book publishing periodical in the world, and each of their reports collects stories from all over th
Stephanie Griffin
Great books for the fall season! I'm particularly excited about SUTTON, by J.R. Moehringer, THE LIGHT BETWEEN OCEANS, by M.L. Stedman, and THE LAST DRAGONSLAYER, by Jasper Fforde.
Syahira Sharif
BEA Buzz Book is a collection of excerpts on galleys that was featured in the last BookExpo America. It contained atleast 30 excerpts ranged from various kinds of Debuts, Non-Fiction, YA, Children, Adult, Memoirs, Mystery and General Fiction. Along with it was publisher's information after every end of its excerpts.

Unfortunately, not every books are up to my taste since several of the YA fiction are chic lits with considerable predictable storylines of revenge, girlfriends, boys, school and prob
Elizabeth B
This is a wonderful compilation of excerpts for upcoming release titles. At over 600 pages, it includes excerpts for all genres including literary, historical, YA and mainstream as well as a few memoir and non-fiction titles thrown in as well. It total, there are 30 titles included. The excerpts are long enough to give industry professionals (librarians/book sellers, etc) a taste of each novel to see if it is the right fit for the type of literature they are looking for. The provided contact inf ...more
Carol Beggy
BookExpo America does a lot of things right and one of the best things is this 2012 addition of Buzz Books 2012 edition from Publishers Lunch is one of the best. The book, from powerhouse distributor Ingram, ingramcontent.com features excerpts, chapters, short stories from 30 of the most anticipated titles at BEA 2012. You can give your favorite books a test-drive or get a sneak peek at the much-anticipated Junot Diaz. At least that’s what I did and, of course, it means that I’ll buy most of t ...more
Nicki Markus
This book is a really great idea and is a wonderful way to showcase some of the upcoming titles. It was fascinating to read all the excerpts and a number of the books caught my attention, leading me to request the full manuscripts on NetGalley.

Some of the debut works, in particular, look very interesting and I am keen to read them and see if my initial impressions were correct.

A great resource for readers and one I hope they'll continue with next year.

In the meantime, look out for my reviews of
Martha Bullen
Jun 12, 2012 Martha Bullen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone interested in good books
I really enjoyed this book, which features excerpts from 30+ highly anticipated books from major publishers that will be published in Fall 2012. I read it before going to Book Expo America in NY this week and found it very helpful in determining which booths I wanted to visit and which books to add to my reading list this fall. I found several books I'm excited about reading, from Jessica Khoury's Origin to Jasper Fforde's The Last Dragonslayer and J.R. Moehringer's Sutton.
Kelly (Kailana)
I think that publishers should consider this idea for their up-coming releases for each quarter. I loved going through this book and seeing all the pretty covers, reading the synopsis, and then checking out some excerpts. Great idea!!!

I shared some of the books I am looking forward to here: http://myreadingbooks.blogspot.ca/201...

See, publishers, free advertising...
Cheri Williams
Oct 30, 2012 Cheri Williams added it
Shelves: 2012
Buzz Books 2012, with its exclusive excerpts from THIRTY fall releases includes a cross-section of fiction and non. YA and grown-up. Full chapters of each!

And—if you‘re quick—you too can own this veritable smorgasbord of samplings. Buzz Books 2012, is available now for FREE on Amazon. Best part? You won't even have to wait months and months to read the excerpted books!

*arc provided by publisher
Marissa
I originally downloaded this for just one excerpt by an author I had previously read, and also found a bunch of new books to look forward to! The collection contains something for everyone - historical fiction,YA, memoirs and more. At a price of $0, this compilation was a great idea and I hope to see one again in the future!
Jennifer Mendez
Ok the only reason I requested this was to read the first few chapters of the Diviners by Libba Bray....but there were alot of other sneak peaks in here that I found very interesting and now I have a ton more book on hold at the library...great... :)
Lisa
Aug 16, 2013 Lisa added it
This read, available on Kindle, features excerpts from new books coming out this year. I've been introduced to several books I'm looking forward to picking up. If you have a Kindle, pick this up!!
deejah
This is an amazing concept and I am happy to say that it is free! I pre-ordered more than 10 books that I got a glimpse of - I am excited to read the full books!

I definitely enjoyed going through all the upcoming books and summaries.

Also included are the first chapters of each book.

Great idea.
Katie
A free Kindle download that includes lots of excerpts for 2012 fall/winter books. I got several ideas of new books I'd like to read.
-k The Lady Critic
I just need BEA to be here because reading these excerpts just makes me want the books even more!!
Fun sampler of some of the fall book releases, kind of like trailers for books!
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Irum Zahra
Irum Zahra marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Gemma
Gemma marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Yeşim Akar
Yeşim Akar marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Teazia Cockburn
Teazia Cockburn marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Chandra Sekhar
Chandra Sekhar marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Mary
Mary added it
Dec 28, 2014
Máire Buckley
Máire Buckley marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
  • Sliding Void (Sliding Void, #1)
  • Total Flirt: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques Every Girl Needs to Get the Guy
  • Don't You Forget About Me: Contemporary Writers on the Films of John Hughes
  • The Shriver Report: A Woman's Nation Pushes Back from the Brink
  • Creation
  • Far Horizons: All New Tales from the Greatest Worlds of Science Fiction
  • Blood and Rubles (Porfiry Rostnikov, #10)
  • Star Trek Star Charts: The Complete Atlas of Star Trek
  • Diane Mott Davidson Recipe Sampler with an Excerpt from The Whole Enchilada
  • A Sarah Dessen e-book Sampler
  • Wanderlust: A Book Club Sampler from Simon & Schuster
  • The Commissariat of Enlightenment
  • What Is Life?
  • Dujonian's Hoard (Star Trek: The Captain's Table, #2)
  • Cosmo's Sexiest Stories Ever: Three Naughty Tales
  • Afternoons with Emily: A Novel
  • Fire Ship (Star Trek: The Captains Table, #4)
  • Medea: Harlan's World
Buzz Books 2014: Young Adult Buzz Books 2014: Fall/Winter Buzz Books 2014: Spring/Summer Buzz Books 2013: Fall/Winter Buzz Books 2013: Spring/Summer