Start by marking “Buzz Books 2012” as Want to Read:
Buzz Books 2012

Buzz Books 2012

BEA in an eBook. Start reading exclusive excerpts from over 30 top Fall titles featured at the BookExpo America convention right now. Enjoy new work from Junot Díaz, Mark Helprin, Rhoda Janzen, Barbara Kingsolver, Jessica Khoury, Dennis Lehane, J.R. Moehringer, Neil Young, and many others in the free BEA BUZZ BOOKS from Publishers Lunch.
ebook
Published May 18th 2012 by Publishers Lunch (first published May 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Buzz Books 2012, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buzz Books 2012

John
Jun 01, 2012 John rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: BEA members, all readers, previewers
Recommended to John by: BEA
BEA Buzz Books: A treasure trove of forthcoming books

Did you ever wonder where, beyond reviews and advance info from The New York Times and such sources, some readers and reviewers manage to seem to get the jump on others when it comes to new books being released? Chances are that they are paid subscribers to Publishers Lunch, which is billed as the industry's "daily essential read." It's largest book publishing periodical in the world, and each of their reports collects stories from all over th
Stephanie Griffin
Sep 02, 2012 Stephanie Griffin rated it really liked it
Great books for the fall season! I'm particularly excited about SUTTON, by J.R. Moehringer, THE LIGHT BETWEEN OCEANS, by M.L. Stedman, and THE LAST DRAGONSLAYER, by Jasper Fforde.
Syahira Sharif
Jul 18, 2012 Syahira Sharif rated it liked it
BEA Buzz Book is a collection of excerpts on galleys that was featured in the last BookExpo America. It contained atleast 30 excerpts ranged from various kinds of Debuts, Non-Fiction, YA, Children, Adult, Memoirs, Mystery and General Fiction. Along with it was publisher's information after every end of its excerpts.

Unfortunately, not every books are up to my taste since several of the YA fiction are chic lits with considerable predictable storylines of revenge, girlfriends, boys, school and prob
Elizabeth B
May 29, 2012 Elizabeth B rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful compilation of excerpts for upcoming release titles. At over 600 pages, it includes excerpts for all genres including literary, historical, YA and mainstream as well as a few memoir and non-fiction titles thrown in as well. It total, there are 30 titles included. The excerpts are long enough to give industry professionals (librarians/book sellers, etc) a taste of each novel to see if it is the right fit for the type of literature they are looking for. The provided contact ...more
Carol Beggy
Jun 26, 2012 Carol Beggy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bea-2012
BookExpo America does a lot of things right and one of the best things is this 2012 addition of Buzz Books 2012 edition from Publishers Lunch is one of the best. The book, from powerhouse distributor Ingram, ingramcontent.com features excerpts, chapters, short stories from 30 of the most anticipated titles at BEA 2012. You can give your favorite books a test-drive or get a sneak peek at the much-anticipated Junot Diaz. At least that’s what I did and, of course, it means that I’ll buy most of t ...more
Nicki Markus
Mar 12, 2015 Nicki Markus rated it it was amazing
This book is a really great idea and is a wonderful way to showcase some of the upcoming titles. It was fascinating to read all the excerpts and a number of the books caught my attention, leading me to request the full manuscripts on NetGalley.

Some of the debut works, in particular, look very interesting and I am keen to read them and see if my initial impressions were correct.

A great resource for readers and one I hope they'll continue with next year.

In the meantime, look out for my reviews of
Cheri Williams
Oct 30, 2012 Cheri Williams added it
Shelves: 2012
Buzz Books 2012, with its exclusive excerpts from THIRTY fall releases includes a cross-section of fiction and non. YA and grown-up. Full chapters of each!

And—if you‘re quick—you too can own this veritable smorgasbord of samplings. Buzz Books 2012, is available now for FREE on Amazon. Best part? You won't even have to wait months and months to read the excerpted books!

*arc provided by publisher
Kelly (Kailana)
May 21, 2012 Kelly (Kailana) rated it really liked it
I think that publishers should consider this idea for their up-coming releases for each quarter. I loved going through this book and seeing all the pretty covers, reading the synopsis, and then checking out some excerpts. Great idea!!!

I shared some of the books I am looking forward to here: http://myreadingbooks.blogspot.ca/201...

See, publishers, free advertising...
Martha Bullen
Jun 12, 2012 Martha Bullen rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone interested in good books
I really enjoyed this book, which features excerpts from 30+ highly anticipated books from major publishers that will be published in Fall 2012. I read it before going to Book Expo America in NY this week and found it very helpful in determining which booths I wanted to visit and which books to add to my reading list this fall. I found several books I'm excited about reading, from Jessica Khoury's Origin to Jasper Fforde's The Last Dragonslayer and J.R. Moehringer's Sutton.
Marissa
Jul 10, 2012 Marissa rated it really liked it
I originally downloaded this for just one excerpt by an author I had previously read, and also found a bunch of new books to look forward to! The collection contains something for everyone - historical fiction,YA, memoirs and more. At a price of $0, this compilation was a great idea and I hope to see one again in the future!
Jennifer Mendez
Nov 01, 2012 Jennifer Mendez rated it it was amazing
Ok the only reason I requested this was to read the first few chapters of the Diviners by Libba Bray....but there were alot of other sneak peaks in here that I found very interesting and now I have a ton more book on hold at the library...great... :)
Lisa
Aug 16, 2013 Lisa added it
This read, available on Kindle, features excerpts from new books coming out this year. I've been introduced to several books I'm looking forward to picking up. If you have a Kindle, pick this up!!
Katie
Sep 10, 2012 Katie rated it it was amazing
A free Kindle download that includes lots of excerpts for 2012 fall/winter books. I got several ideas of new books I'd like to read.
Jun 20, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it

I definitely enjoyed going through all the upcoming books and summaries.

Also included are the first chapters of each book.

Great idea.
deejah
Jun 07, 2012 deejah rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing concept and I am happy to say that it is free! I pre-ordered more than 10 books that I got a glimpse of - I am excited to read the full books!
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2014
Christen
Christen rated it did not like it
Oct 15, 2016
Karen Marie Piluso
Karen Marie Piluso rated it it was ok
Jan 25, 2014
Everybookhasasoul
Everybookhasasoul rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2012
Jessica Khoury
May 27, 2012 Jessica Khoury rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Michele C.
Michele C. rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2012
Brianna
Brianna rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2012
Patricia
Patricia rated it did not like it
Nov 14, 2014
Madison
Madison rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2013
Don B Pigg
Don B Pigg rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2015
Ancientwindwalker
Ancientwindwalker rated it did not like it
Aug 30, 2014
Kasey Martin
Kasey Martin rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2015
Chloe
Chloe rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2014
  • Total Flirt: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques Every Girl Needs to Get the Guy
  • Don't You Forget About Me: Contemporary Writers on the Films of John Hughes
  • Creation
  • The Shriver Report: A Woman's Nation Pushes Back from the Brink
  • Sliding Void (Sliding Void, #1)
  • The Norton Anthology of World Literature, Volume F: The Twentieth Century
  • Something to Read About: A Book Club Sampler from Simon & Schuster
  • The Commissariat of Enlightenment
  • Among the Righteous: Lost Stories from the Holocaust's Long Reach into Arab Lands
  • Blood and Rubles (Porfiry Rostnikov, #10)
  • Far Horizons: All New Tales from the Greatest Worlds of Science Fiction
  • Wanderlust: A Book Club Sampler from Simon & Schuster
  • Medea: Harlan's World
  • Afternoons with Emily
  • The Clue in the Recycling Bin (The Boxcar Children, #126)
  • The Mist (Star Trek: The Captain's Table, #3)
  • Star Trek Log Six (Star Trek: Logs, #6)
  • War Dragons (Star Trek: The Captain's Table,  #1)

“No one was quite sure how to treat this mourning that wasn't for a death.” 0 likes