Start by marking “Bird's-Eye View” as Want to Read:
Bird's-Eye View

J.F. Freedman

Bird's-Eye View

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  171 ratings  ·  26 reviews
While photographing birds at dawn, Fritz witnesses a fatal shooting. As his quiet life becomes more complex, people - including some who are near and dear - start to die. Fritz soon senses that he himself is being lined up as the next victim.
ebook
Published August 7th 2001 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Bird's-Eye View, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bird's-Eye View

Jerry
Suspenseful tale sets good pace, not just for the birds!

Freedman has six prior novels, but was unknown to us until a friend insisted we read "Bird's-Eye". We weren't sorry, as our author combines solid writing skills with the ability to capture our interest immediately and keep us turning pages in a hurry with mystery and suspense. Already in Chapter One, we meet our leading man, Fritz Tullis, but have no idea why this thirty-something high-achiever, from a land-owning family wealthy for genera
Angus Woodman
Can you rate something less than a one? This book was pretty abhorrent (to use a big word for no good reason as the author so often does.) The plot was fine I suppose, but I'll be willing to bet the author has never seen a human who wasn't on his TV screen. Perhaps he's from space.

Only read this after my brother suggested it. I will now go beat him with a rock.
Susan
Fritz Tullis is hiding out from everyone and from his life which hasn't been too swell lately. While hiding out, he witnesses a murder and then he tries to forget it. None of that really does this book justice. It is excellent. A rich story with rich characters. Makes me want to go back and ensure I've read everything he's written.
Mike OConnor
I found it to be a good story. But, like the review by Angus, The author's vocabulary was somewhat suspect. I got the feeling he wrote it with a thesaurus nearby and picked the uncommon word. I also found the main character to be somewhat unreal. At times it was a thriller at others it was a romance novel.
Bonnye Reed
We all know Fritz Tullis. We hold him a little in disdain, and unless we are angry with him, there is a touch of pity mixed with impatience when we think of him. THIS Fritz handles it well when push comes to shove. Not a book you will want to put down before the final chapter.
Kay
Each time Freedman introduces a new main character I always think they are such a loser. But somehow before I know it, I really like him. Fritz is no different than any of the others. Once I got into this book I really enjoyed it!
Carol
Great suspense novel. It also taught me something about whooping and sandhill cranes. I'll definitely look for other books by this author.
Marianne
First time with this author. Wonderfully irreverant, pretty good plot and character development.
Quirky ending.
Graeme Stuart Waymark
It was a 3 star our of five. Just because of the story line and suspense. More like a 'formula' novel than anything. It had a bit of this and a bit of that. Certain chapters were short leaving the reader waiting and wondering and others long and running with plot building narrative and reasonable descriptors. Vocabulary of Freedman seemed a bit efficacious; it did the trick but sometimes the word usage seemed out of place for the narrator or character.

The protagonist definitely was either drawn
Mary
Suspenseful tale sets good pace, not just for the birds!

Fritz Tullis is living in a shack on his mother's property in the swampish backwoods of the lower Chesapeake Bay. He's had a bad break-up and lost his job as a history professor. He spends his days watching birds & photographing them with long telephoto lenses. His camera catches a murder on a nearby property with a private air strip from a concealed, on the water, vantage point no one would ever know about.

Tullis spends much of the f
Fredrick Danysh
After an affair with the wife of the wrong man professor Fritz Tullis is exiled from the halls of learning. As a bird watching photographer he witnesses a body being dumped from an airplane. When the body washes up on shore it is that of a diplomat. He soon learns how dangerous life can be.
Cindy
A bit slow starting for me and some classic male type poses that turned me off. But I persevered and about a third of the way into the book, it became interesting. There are some redeemable moments toward the end but not enough to make me identify with the characters or read it again.
Pam
10/19/05 #182
TITLE/AUTHOR: BIRD'S EYE VIEW (Audio) by J. F. Freedman
RATING: 4/B
GENRE/PUB DATE/# OF PGS: Suspense,2001, 12 CD's
COMMENTS: Like this narrator, Tom S.... Fritz is a
middle-aged history professor, currently on leave
living on his mother's property on the Maryland Coast.
While bird watching he sees a murder...
Eileen
Just discovered this author and have enjoyed him. One thing I have noticed in the two books are that his heros are flawed. This makes them much more interesting. I just wish that they would have more of his books on Kindle. I had had to order my next J. F. Freedman in hardcover.
Steve
book on tape.
i chose it for the reader - tom stechschulte's voice.
story too melodramatic for my taste.
i finished it because of the plot and story but just barely.
not for me.
choosing a book by the reader is an "ify" proposition, at best.
Melissa
Feb 26, 2013 Melissa marked it as abandoned  ·  review of another edition
ABANDONED

The first 10 pages of this book are so off-putting that I didn't want to continue. However, I tried. It just did not catch my interest.

George
A Maryland -Chesapeake Bay mystery involving murder, arms dealing, Washington big shots, and trying to determine who is responsible for all the bad stuff.
Karlene Elliott-mclean
A bit hard to get into at first but then around the middle it picked up the pace. A satisfying read.
Apientek
The author provides a lot of satire considering the characters' situation is serious.
Doug
I liked this story. Believable characters and storyline, without getting to technical
Ronald Howell
Grest read and great characters.
Jason West
Very good. I enjoyed
Hal
great way to pass the time
Dana
loved it. action, romance , drama. always coming back for more.
Acffac
Acffac added it
Nov 27, 2014
  • The Night Caller (Night #1)
  • Rough Draft
  • Projection (Frank Clevenger, #2)
  • Free Fall (Mark Beamon, #3)
  • Keeper of the Keys
  • The Deep End
  • Stripped (Jonathan Stride, #2)
  • Enigma (Star Trek: Stargazer, #5)
  • Green Lantern Corps, Vol. 7: Revolt of the Alpha-Lanterns
  • The Short Forever (Stone Barrington, #8)
  • An Ordinary Spy: A Novel
  • Joshua's Hammer
  • Stargate: Retribution (Stargate, #3)
  • Broken Bow (Star Trek: Enterprise #1)
  • Guess Who's Coming to Die? (Thoroughly Southern, #9)
  • Beyond Belief
  • The Frankenstein Papers
  • The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year (Volume 7)
J.F. Freedman is the New York Times bestselling author of Against the Wind, The Disappearance, House of Smoke, and In My Dark Dreams, among other titles. He is also an award-winning film and television director, writer, and producer. He lives in California.
More about J.F. Freedman...
The Disappearance (Luke Garrison, #1) Against the Wind Above the Law Key Witness House of Smoke (Kate Blanchard, #1)