Start by marking “I Can Do It Too!” as Want to Read:
I Can Do It Too!

I Can Do It Too!

Anyone can pour juice, bake a cake, and kiss away hurtsright? But maybejust maybeits not so easy when you are very small!
Daddy pours juice without even thinking about it, Grandma bakes a cake effortlessly, and the next-door neighbor rides a bike as if he were born on one! Whatever is happening, our little heroine wants to join in and do it too. With caring support from her
Published March 1st 2003 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about I Can Do It Too!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Can Do It Too!

Julie
Mar 23, 2009 Julie rated it it was amazing
I Can Do It Too! by Karen Baicker is a book that focuses on a child’s ability to do the same activities that older relatives and siblings can do. From pouring juice in the morning for breakfast to singing and playing guitar with her uncle, the vivid illustrations make clear connections with the text emphasizing the specific task that the child is trying to conquer while increasing her confidence. The visible brush strokes make the illustrations come alive. The rhyme schemes used throughout the b ...more
Garren
Kids love to involve themselves. This book is about that.
Adrienne
Jul 20, 2016 Adrienne rated it liked it
I CAN DO IT TOO!
A Review
----------------
The book and illustrations are cute enough.

The underlying message and reading level are appropriate for kids between 1.5 and 3 years.

It is important to teach little ones that they can do things for themselves and hopefully to approach every challenge as an opportunity. Of course, it is also important to teach them when and how to ask for help, so this book might be best if coupled with a story about asking for help or staying away from danger.
Vicki
Apr 17, 2012 Vicki rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime, toddler
This is a fun one with great, bold images for toddlers. It's perfectly reflective of what a toddler's world is made up of -- things that they're learning to do, things that their family and friends do. The refrain of "I can do it, too!" is what makes it work so well -- get the kids and their caretakers to say it along with you.
jacky
Jul 24, 2012 jacky rated it liked it
Shelves: lib-lew, board-books
A book perfect for toddlers. In this book the character does everything like her family members. And even when she is a little off, she is proud of herself. At the end of the story, she is able to be proud of her younger sibling. This book captures the toddler desire to try to do everything by herself and mimicking. A great book for new big brothers and sisters, too.
Molly
Apr 18, 2016 Molly rated it really liked it
A wonderful picture book about a little girl who tells us all the things her family can do that she can do too. Her refrain throughout the book is, "I Can Do It Too." It is a great way to get toddlers excited to be self sufficient.
Burbank Library Children's Department
Perfect for little ones who have said so many times "I can do it too!" This adorable picture book follows a little girl as she pours her own juice, buttons her own sweater, and does all sorts of other things throughout the day all by herself.
Miss Sarah
A toddler goes through their day repeating the actions of those around it and saying I can do it too. A little long but with the toddlers repeating I can do it too, I think they can do it. Nice sense of celebrating accomplishments.
Katie Fitzgerald
Dec 18, 2016 Katie Fitzgerald rated it really liked it
Read at Toddler Lap Time on 2/28/13: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...

Read at Toddler Lap Time on 3/1/13: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...

Kate Hastings
Oct 10, 2008 Kate Hastings rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: toddlers rhyming myself growing
Shelves: rhyming-text
Great book to do for "myself" theme or "growing up" -- a girl shows her family how she can read, play guitar, and get dressed like the rest of her family. Simple, rhyming text will appeal to toddlers and preschoolers with short attention spans.
Mona Green
Jan 13, 2016 Mona Green rated it it was amazing
I read this book three times. The kids love it. They love filling in the blanks when I stopped reading. They enjoyed filling in "I can do it too". Great read for children 1 - 3 years old.
Dorian
Dorian rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2017
Lucy Schaffer
Lucy Schaffer rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2013
Julianne
Julianne rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2012
Taliah
Taliah rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2013
Samantha
Samantha rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2016
Shandra
Dec 18, 2010 Shandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute,
Heather Skinner
Heather Skinner rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2014
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2010
Christine Gaskins
Christine Gaskins rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2012
Chris C
Chris C rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2013
Dana
Dana rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Racheal
Racheal rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2011
Jacqueline Doster
Jacqueline Doster rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2016
Echo C
Echo C rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2014
Gabrielle Ferry
Gabrielle Ferry rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2012
Tracy Clausen
Tracy Clausen rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2016
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2012
  • A Kiss Means I Love You
  • Say Hello Like This!
  • Ten Tiny Toes
  • The Baby Goes Beep
  • We've All Got Bellybuttons!
  • Eyes, Nose, Fingers, and Toes