Start by marking “I Can Do It Too!” as Want to Read:
I Can Do It Too!

I Can Do It Too!

Anyone can pour juice, bake a cake, and kiss away hurtsright? But maybejust maybeits not so easy when you are very small!
Daddy pours juice without even thinking about it, Grandma bakes a cake effortlessly, and the next-door neighbor rides a bike as if he were born on one! Whatever is happening, our little heroine wants to join in and do it too. With caring support from her
Published March 1st 2003 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about I Can Do It Too!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Can Do It Too!

The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack KeatsI Like Myself! by Karen BeaumontA Chair for My Mother by Vera B. WilliamsAmazing Grace by Mary HoffmanPlease, Baby, Please by Spike Lee
African American Picture Books
20th out of 297 books — 96 voters
Fishing Into Potato Salad by Othen Donald Dale CummingsChicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr.Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.Fetch by Adam Glendon SidwellMr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? by Dr. Seuss
Toddlers Ages 1-3
43rd out of 155 books — 76 voters

More lists with this book...

Mar 23, 2009 Julie rated it it was amazing
I Can Do It Too! by Karen Baicker is a book that focuses on a child’s ability to do the same activities that older relatives and siblings can do. From pouring juice in the morning for breakfast to singing and playing guitar with her uncle, the vivid illustrations make clear connections with the text emphasizing the specific task that the child is trying to conquer while increasing her confidence. The visible brush strokes make the illustrations come alive. The rhyme schemes used throughout the b ...more
Mar 18, 2014 Adrienne rated it liked it
A Review
The book and illustrations are cute enough.

The underlying message and reading level are appropriate for kids between 1.5 and 3 years.

It is important to teach little ones that they can do things for themselves and hopefully to approach every challenge as an opportunity. Of course, it is also important to teach them when and how to ask for help, so this book might be best if coupled with a story about asking for help or staying away from danger.
Miss Sarah
A toddler goes through their day repeating the actions of those around it and saying I can do it too. A little long but with the toddlers repeating I can do it too, I think they can do it. Nice sense of celebrating accomplishments.
Mona Green
Jan 13, 2016 Mona Green rated it it was amazing
I read this book three times. The kids love it. They love filling in the blanks when I stopped reading. They enjoyed filling in "I can do it too". Great read for children 1 - 3 years old.
Christine McKenna Lok
May 13, 2015 Christine McKenna Lok rated it it was amazing
Shelves: preschool
Adorable story and pictures for little ones who want to do things for themselves!
Jul 06, 2014 LeeAnn rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s, kindle
Loved the "can do" spirit and lush illustrations of this great read for toddlers.
Mar 06, 2014 Mckinley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite, picture
Empowerment for babies!
Jul 24, 2012 jacky rated it liked it
Shelves: lib-lew, board-books
A book perfect for toddlers. In this book the character does everything like her family members. And even when she is a little off, she is proud of herself. At the end of the story, she is able to be proud of her younger sibling. This book captures the toddler desire to try to do everything by herself and mimicking. A great book for new big brothers and sisters, too.
Apr 17, 2012 Vicki rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime, toddler
This is a fun one with great, bold images for toddlers. It's perfectly reflective of what a toddler's world is made up of -- things that they're learning to do, things that their family and friends do. The refrain of "I can do it, too!" is what makes it work so well -- get the kids and their caretakers to say it along with you.
Burbank Library Children's Department
Perfect for little ones who have said so many times "I can do it too!" This adorable picture book follows a little girl as she pours her own juice, buttons her own sweater, and does all sorts of other things throughout the day all by herself.
Kate Hastings
Oct 10, 2008 Kate Hastings rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: toddlers rhyming myself growing
Shelves: rhyming-text
Great book to do for "myself" theme or "growing up" -- a girl shows her family how she can read, play guitar, and get dressed like the rest of her family. Simple, rhyming text will appeal to toddlers and preschoolers with short attention spans.
Apr 18, 2016 Molly rated it really liked it
A wonderful picture book about a little girl who tells us all the things her family can do that she can do too. Her refrain throughout the book is, "I Can Do It Too." It is a great way to get toddlers excited to be self sufficient.
Simple rhyming text with a great toddler hook. Also, a Zim illustrator!
Jul 15, 2013 Lindsay rated it really liked it
A great illustration of child development that parents AND kids can relate to.
Feb 08, 2011 Huda rated it really liked it
Shelves: english-books
I can do everything my family members do (-:
Mar 12, 2010 Natalie rated it really liked it
Shelves: african-american
Perfect for a 4 year old who loves to imitate.
Nov 24, 2010 Ruth rated it really liked it
My Toddler Time group loved it !
Dec 18, 2010 Shandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Grillables rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2016
Cam marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2016
Anna Arisova
Anna Arisova marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2016
Andrea Avery
Andrea Avery marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2016
Kye marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2016
Lisa Newman
Lisa Newman marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2016
Pamreads rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2016
Andréa rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2016
ChildRoots Caroline
ChildRoots Caroline marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
  • A Kiss Means I Love You
  • Say Hello Like This!
  • Ten Tiny Toes
  • The Baby Goes Beep
  • We've All Got Bellybuttons!
  • Eyes, Nose, Fingers, and Toes