I Can Do It Too!

I Can Do It Too!

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Anyone can pour juice, bake a cake, and kiss away hurtsright? But maybejust maybeits not so easy when you are very small!
Daddy pours juice without even thinking about it, Grandma bakes a cake effortlessly, and the next-door neighbor rides a bike as if he were born on one! Whatever is happening, our little heroine wants to join in and do it too. With caring support from her...more
Published March 1st 2003 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about I Can Do It Too!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Can Do It Too!

Turtle Wish by Murielle CyrFetch by Adam Glendon SidwellChicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr.Silly Sally by Audrey WoodBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.
Toddlers Ages 1-3
31st out of 142 books — 47 voters
The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack KeatsPlease, Baby, Please by Spike LeeI Like Myself! by Karen BeaumontHenry's Freedom Box by Ellen LevineWhistle for Willie by Ezra Jack Keats
African American Picture Books
31st out of 141 books — 59 voters

More lists with this book...

Julie
I Can Do It Too! by Karen Baicker is a book that focuses on a child’s ability to do the same activities that older relatives and siblings can do. From pouring juice in the morning for breakfast to singing and playing guitar with her uncle, the vivid illustrations make clear connections with the text emphasizing the specific task that the child is trying to conquer while increasing her confidence. The visible brush strokes make the illustrations come alive. The rhyme schemes used throughout the b...more
Adrienne
I CAN DO IT TOO!
A Review
----------------
The book and illustrations are cute enough.

The underlying message and reading level are appropriate for kids between 1.5 and 3 years.

It is important to teach little ones that they can do things for themselves and hopefully to approach every challenge as an opportunity. Of course, it is also important to teach them when and how to ask for help, so this book might be best if coupled with a story about asking for help or staying away from danger.
LeeAnn
Loved the "can do" spirit and lush illustrations of this great read for toddlers.
Mckinley
Empowerment for babies!
jacky
A book perfect for toddlers. In this book the character does everything like her family members. And even when she is a little off, she is proud of herself. At the end of the story, she is able to be proud of her younger sibling. This book captures the toddler desire to try to do everything by herself and mimicking. A great book for new big brothers and sisters, too.
Vicki
This is a fun one with great, bold images for toddlers. It's perfectly reflective of what a toddler's world is made up of -- things that they're learning to do, things that their family and friends do. The refrain of "I can do it, too!" is what makes it work so well -- get the kids and their caretakers to say it along with you.
Burbank Library Children's Department
Perfect for little ones who have said so many times "I can do it too!" This adorable picture book follows a little girl as she pours her own juice, buttons her own sweater, and does all sorts of other things throughout the day all by herself.
Kate Hastings
Oct 10, 2008 Kate Hastings rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: toddlers rhyming myself growing
Shelves: rhyming-text
Great book to do for "myself" theme or "growing up" -- a girl shows her family how she can read, play guitar, and get dressed like the rest of her family. Simple, rhyming text will appeal to toddlers and preschoolers with short attention spans.
Lizzie
Simple rhyming text with a great toddler hook. Also, a Zim illustrator!
Lindsay
A great illustration of child development that parents AND kids can relate to.
Huda
I can do everything my family members do (-:
Natalie
Perfect for a 4 year old who loves to imitate.
Ruth
My Toddler Time group loved it !
Stacy
Stacy added it
Aug 14, 2014
Zenbride
Zenbride marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Emily
Emily added it
Jul 11, 2014
Sanu Joby
Sanu Joby marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Angela
Angela added it
Jun 13, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Erika L. Miller
Erika L. Miller marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Lucy
Lucy marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Tumble Me Tumbily You Can Do It Too! Pea Pod Babies Wake-ity Wake! Snuggle Me Snuggly!