Start by marking “My Heavenly Hockey Club, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
My Heavenly Hockey Club, Volume 1

My Heavenly Hockey Club, Volume 1 (My Heavenly Hockey Club #1)

WHERE THE BOYS ARE!

Hana Suzuki loves only two things in life: eating and sleeping. So when handsome classmate Izumi Oda asks Hana–his major crush–to join the school hockey club, persuading her proves to be a difficult task. True, the Grand Hockey Club is full of boys–and all the boys are super-cute–but given a choice, Hana prefers a sizzling steak to a hot date. Then Izumi
Published May 29th 2007 by Del Rey (first published April 13th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about My Heavenly Hockey Club, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Heavenly Hockey Club, Volume 1

Crystal
Oct 01, 2007 Crystal rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: crazy humor lovers, bishounen connoisseurs, enjoyers of difficult romance
So I didn't immediately swoop this off the shelves.

"Hockey manga? Unnhhh...," I thought. And, "how could a hockey club be 'heavenly'?"

The cover sported (haha) five bishounen (pretty boys). Well, that IS rather heavenly. And translated manga titles aren't known for their accuracy. (Boys Over Flowers, anyone?)

But my hesitation was all for naught. True, there are hockey --known as lacrosse in the U.S.--scenes, but in the practice casually and play randomly sense.

The main character is a girl who
Lesley
Aug 12, 2009 Lesley rated it it was amazing
Random silliness, goofy characters, hilarious situations - this manga really has no plot, but it is SO FUNNY and sweet that it just doesn't matter. Each volume is more craziness, more teasing about the romance (the heroine is oblivious to everything except food and sleep), and more random fun, and it's seriously great. You'd think all of this would make the manga boring, but nope - I can't wait for each new volume.
Amytha
Feb 21, 2009 Amytha rated it liked it
Shelves: 2008, manga
Manga about a lazy girl who likes to sleep!
Padma
Mar 20, 2014 Padma rated it really liked it
Suzuki Hana, cewek yang hobi tidur dan makan, bisa tidur dimana saja, kapan saja dan pada situasi apapun. Sehari minimal tidur 10 jam. Bahkan motivasinya belajar dengan giat supaya diterima di SMA nya sekarang ini adalah tidak lain untuk menambah jam tidurnya, karena jarak tempuh rumah-sekolah cuma 3 menit dengan jalan kaki. Karena suatu "insiden", Hana terpaksa gabung ke klub Hockey atas paksaan si ketua, Izumi. Namanya aja yang klub Hockey, tapi kegiatan klub yang anggotanya 5 cowok kaya ini i ...more
Kelly
Nov 04, 2013 Kelly rated it really liked it
I was a tad skeptical about this one, but I was pleasantly surprised. For anybody who enjoyed Ouran High School Host Club, this manga will be very entertaining. Just by looking at the cover, you can see the parallels. Main girl, The Twins (likely for comedic relief), The Guy With Glasses (runs the show, often brooding), The Cute One (will be main potential love interest for main girl), and The Number Two (also cute, but not as popular as the Main Guy, competition for main girl). Each one is in O ...more
Conan Tigard
Nov 18, 2015 Conan Tigard rated it really liked it
My Heavenly Hockey Club: Volume 1 made me laugh. Not only did I like the book, I loved it. All of the characters are great and the stories are fun.

I must admit, I did groan a bit when I saw the bear in the goalie pads. I thought that was kind of stupid. This book is so good that it doesn't need dumb things like that.

I really like the playful interaction between Izumi and Hana. What I also enjoy is the fact that there isn't any lusting after or thoughts of sex between the main characters. First
Cheyenne
Apr 25, 2014 Cheyenne rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga, manga-reviews
Also known as Gokuraku Seishun Hockey Club. I've read three out of fourteen volumes so far. There really isn't any plot in the story so it's a chapter by chapter type as I like to call them. The characters aren't that appealing either. I can't say I dislike them, but I just don't care about them. It was slightly humorous though despite that. Probably it's only redeeming quality. I highly suggest reading Ouran High School Host Club if you haven't already if you don't like this or perhaps especial ...more
Hannah Onderdonk
Jan 04, 2014 Hannah Onderdonk rated it really liked it
If you are in search of a laugh out loud comedy, romance, or maybe you are just a big fan of the traditional manga artwork, then I strongly recommend that you read "My Heavenly Hockey Club." In this well written manga, high school student Hana's preferably lazy life is turned upside down when she is forced to join her prestigious school's Boys' Hockey Club, thereof replacing her one hobby; sleeping. Also know as the traveling club, the hockey club only goes to away meets(often vacationing, becau ...more
Kathleen
I wanted this to be a hockey Hikaru no Go, with lots of hockey shenanigans and hockey problems to be solved. It is not. In fact, this is much more like a tamer Ouran Host Club, which is fine because reverse harem antics are always fun. This is a decent manga and I recommend it to people who like shojo.
Ysabet
This probably isn't a title I would have picked up (thank you, Chapters, for your policy of allowing people to shamelessly read in the store--but I have a copy on its way!) if I'd only read the back cover copy, but I wanted to check it out on the grounds of it being the first manga volume that Alethea and Athena Nibley adapted as well as translated. ^_^ The story didn't jump up and grab me, but it was a fun read, and the adaptation is smooth while retaining the feel of a very faithful rendering.
Dilla Nanditya
Mar 31, 2013 Dilla Nanditya rated it liked it
Udah tau lama sih, dan udah pernah baca juga. Tapi reread gitu deh. Gambarnya bagus dan ceritanya juga lucu. Kalau menurutku mirip sih sama Ouran High School Host Club; ceritanya sama-sama tentang anak cewek yang dipaksa sama cowok kaya untuk masuk ke sebuah klub yang isinya cowok semua. Dan kedua cewek itu sama-sama kudu nyamar jadi cowok. Bedanya, Hana di MHHC cuma nyamar jadi cowok saat pertandingan hoki, kalau Haruhi di OHSHC all time nyamar jadi cowok. Bedanya juga, Haruhi tuh anak rajin se ...more
Marielle
Mar 31, 2014 Marielle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I REALLY LOVED this manga! It is extremely similar to Ouran High School Host Club, but a tad different. I LOVED Hana's character, as well as Izumi's. Overall, the one thing that really stuck out to me was the comedy. It's SO FREAKING HILARIOUS I CAN'T EVEN. I seriously laughed out loud multiple times and my roommate looked at me like I was a crazy person, but it was SO WORTH IT!! And may I just say that one of the jokes involves a monkey... yes, a live monkey... THIS IS COMEDY GOLD, PEOPLE!!
Hannah
Sep 08, 2014 Hannah rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Series Review: My Heavenly Hockey Club is an amusing and heart warming manga that I greatly enjoyed from start to finish. It has the usual cliche's but the likability of the characters easily makes up for it. For those wary of sports manga do not fear as the entire premise is the fact that they do not really play hockey that much and are more of a "travel" club. The ending was a bit sudden but over all very good. I recommend giving this manga a try.
Ayu
Mar 13, 2008 Ayu rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
saya beli karena mengira ini cerita tentang seorang cewek yang dikeliling oleh para pengeran tampan *lagi pengen baca manga yang menjual mimpi manis, halah*.

well, memang cerita tentang cewek yang dikelilingi para cowok.. tapi yang ini ngaco banget nget nget! charming prince-nya nggak charming *hayah* tokoh utama ceweknya benar-benar memalukan... hahaha... manga ini lucu banget!

jadi pengen baca vol berikutnyaw
Ashley Brooke
Jan 12, 2008 Ashley Brooke rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Host Club Fans
What a surprise! I'll be honest-- I'm not huge into stories without a lot of romance. Give me a good dose of love triangles and I'm set. That's why I was very surprised when this story, filled with gags and very little of the love bug, had me laughing page after page.

For fans of sports manga-- I don't recommend this title. They rarely play field hockey. It is more like Host Club than a hard core sports manga.

Try it out, you might enjoy it!

Syifa Adiba
Hahaha. Komik ini adalah komik paling absurd yang pernah gue baca. Kocak, aneh, ajaib. Semuanya ada di komik ini. Cuma dewasanya aja yang nggak ada. #plak.

Buat kalian penggemar komik dengan karakter cowok ganteng, inilah komik yang bisa bikin kalian deg-degan berkali-kali. Nggak cuma karena ganteng aja. Tapi, orang ganteng pun kadang-kadang bisa agak 'kurang waras' juga ya?

Bintang 5 deh! Nggak lain dan nggak bukan! Hidup tukang tahu!
Amy
Apr 20, 2008 Amy rated it really liked it
Character design reminds me of Ouran (cute twin boys, rich leader who doesn't have a clue, bespectacled responsible guy, poor girl who needs to pay off something she wrecked) but the art and storyline is rougher. Ai Morinaga does comedy well--this got a few chuckles out of me, so I decided to go with 4 stars (rounding up from the 3.5 I'd give it) =D
Amber
Apr 19, 2015 Amber rated it it was amazing
Don't let the title put you off, this manga will get you hooked. The amount of goofy humor will make your cheeks ache! Throw a slow burn romance to the mix and it is heavenly, pun intended ;} Although there isn't much hockey action (which is a form of lacrosse as far as i can tell), there certainly is no shortage of excitement! It is a gem for the bookshelf, gotta collect them all!
Jim
Oct 13, 2011 Jim rated it it was ok
my fault for picking this up based only on the title. the sharks are in the news, opening night was a few days ago, they'll win their division blahblahblah. anyway i'm thinking ice hockey and this is something called field hockey. basic story: a sleep deprived h.s. student gets stuck on the school boys field hockey team, she likes food she has small breasts and sleeps w/a bear.
Dorcas
Aug 19, 2007 Dorcas rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: school life, contrary girl attitudes
Thoughts:
I wasn't prepared to like this as much as I did. It was much more fun than the at times depressing Yamada monogatari story about the super poor Yamada family with loads of kids. It does remind me a bit of Ouran High School Host Club though with the same sort of character roles. Hana Suzuki is just a bit more into sleeping.
Susan
Aug 07, 2008 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: shojo_manga
Why the bear, Morinaga-sensei?

Still, I have a soft spot in my cold, black heart for shojo heroines who go so completely against the grain--although there are getting to be enough of them that they make a category in and of themselves.
Minnie
Jun 22, 2015 Minnie rated it it was amazing
Was the best comedy manga I've read so far and laughed my heart out..well, I am never gonna forget this manga. It has awesome characters and a new story with each chapter. I really want to thank the mangaka for the beautiful artwork and imaginative hilariousness..
Noah Soudrette
Dec 09, 2007 Noah Soudrette rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: manga fans
Shelves: manga
This is a really funny manga and it's main character, Hana, is a girl after my own heart. Her two loves are food and sleep. There's no heavy handed romantic crap here either, thank Cthulhu. There's also very little hockey. Plus you get so see a bear in a goalie outfit! Great!
Emiley
Jan 03, 2008 Emiley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Bizarre sense of humor.
Kelly Danahy
Jul 04, 2013 Kelly Danahy rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, awww-so-cute
Cute and reminds me a lot of Ouran High School Host Club which is always a plus.
Lord
Jul 15, 2008 Lord rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
Generic manga with generic artwork and below generic characters. Or do yo remember the boys' names?
April
Feb 28, 2011 April rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
i can relate to wanting to sleep all the time and eat cheesecake and bentos!
Steven
Oct 15, 2007 Steven rated it liked it
Ai Morinaga is awesome, it's a shame that her other series stopped being published by other American publishers. I hope DelRey can keep this going until she's done.
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 5 Maret 2008.
Cristina Fernandes
it waz good!
  • Love Attack, Volume 1
  • Penguin Revolution: Volume 1
  • Love Button 2
  • ヒミツのアイちゃん 1 [Himitsu no Aichan] (Himitsu no Ai-chan, #1)
  • Tenshi Ja Nai!! (I'm No Angel), Vol. 1 (Tenshi Ja Nai, #1)
  • Punch!, Vol. 1 (Punch!, #1)
  • Forbidden Dance, Vol. 1
  • Missile Happy! Vol. 1
  • Butterflies, Flowers, Vol. 1 (Butterflies, Flowers, #1)
  • Nosatsu Junkie, Volume 1
  • The Magic Touch, Vol. 1 (The Magic Touch, #1)
  • NG Life, Volume 1 (NG Life, #1)
  • 100% Perfect Girl, Volume 1
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 17 (Hana-Kimi, #17)
  • Flower in a Storm (Flower in a Storm, #1)
  • He's Dedicated to Roses, Vol. 1
  • Stray Love Hearts, Vol. 01
  • eensy-weensyモンスター 1 (Eensy-Weensy Monster, #1)

My Heavenly Hockey Club (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • My Heavenly Hockey Club, Volume 2