Ballerina!

Ballerina!

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Do you love to dance?
If so, this is the book for you!
Twist!
Be a tiger!
Be a flame!
Be a ballerina!
Published March 1st 2001 by Greenwillow Books

To ask other readers questions about Ballerina!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ballerina!

Ballerina! by Peter SísThe Nutcracker by E.T.A. HoffmannVampirina Ballerina by Anne Marie PaceColor Dance by Ann JonasAngelina Ballerina by Katharine Holabird
Picture books for young ballerinas
1st out of 42 books — 7 voters
The Tree of Life by Peter SísThe Wall by Peter SísKomodo! by Peter SísStarry Messenger by Peter SísMadlenka's Dog by Peter Sís
Best of Peter Sis
21st out of 36 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Kathryn
I really appreciate this book although the style isn't something I am especially drawn to. However, I think it would be a wonderful book for aspiring ballerinas--especially for those who aren't able to take dance classes but still want to dance and imagine themselves in classic roles. It's so cute how the little girl dresses up to become her favorite ballerinas and I appreciate the variety of classical ballets Sis represents. The final spread, with the "audience" is adorable!
Missy Kirtley
This is a wonderful book. My daughter loves looking at all the different ballerinas in their costumes, and I'm not afraid to let her turn the pages. The pages are nice and thick, and the last page is a nice pull-out with a beautiful picture.

The only problem is that I don't know how to answer when my daughter asks what the names of all the ballerinas are! I can say for a few of them, but don't know for the others.
Dolly
Sep 14, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2009, childrens, dance
Our girls love to dress up in their ballerina costumes and take ballet class, so this was a very fun book for them. They loved the costumes and love to imitate the poses. We've borrowed this book a few times from the library.
kelly
Liby really likes this book, and it might possibly be what lead her to tell me that she wanted to be a REAL ballerina when she grows up.
Tricia
book displays colors and movement. good for a girl interested in ballet. references different ballets.
Inspired Kathy
My daughter picked this one out. It's a quick read but neither one of us would label it a favorite.
Emily
A great book that is simple but true to Ballet and the art of dance.
Dee
For the pink girly ballerina.
Zoe
Zoe added it
Jul 29, 2014
Senavene
Senavene is currently reading it
Jul 04, 2014
Kendra
Kendra added it
Feb 15, 2014
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Constance
Constance marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
The Wall: Growing Up Behind the Iron Curtain The Conference of the Birds Madlenka Starry Messenger: Galileo Galilei Tibet: Through the Red Box