White Fang (Great Illustrated Classics)

White Fang (Great Illustrated Classics)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  216 ratings  ·  25 reviews
The world's best-loved children's stories set in large type for easy reading.
-- Over 100 illustrations in each book
Hardcover, Abridged
Published January 1st 2002 by Baronet (first published 1994)

Haili
The story line of this story is about a part wolf part dog named White Fang who overcomes his weaknesses while trying to survive in the frozen frontier of the Yukon. As White Fang being the main character, he was an orphan cub who gets sold to one person to the other until he finds a person who will love him and becomes a very crucial character to White Fang. This book is very interesting because of the story line and because of all the hardships White Fang has to go through until reaching his g...more
Aljeron2010
A classic re-told for children, White Fang is about a half-wolf half-dog surviving in Alaska. The purpose of the book is to show loyalty. This book has illustrations to help younger readers understand the book. I enjoyed it and liked that I could read this classic without reading the full version (the tiny print on full versions hurts my eyes.)
Josephine
I'm not sure how to rate this book so I'm not going to. My seven year old would give it 5 stars though. She devoured this book! And that's saying something because I've had a hard time finding books that interest her and that she will sit and read on her own. She loves wolves and dogs though, so when my husband pulled out his old set of illustrated classics from his childhood, she picked this one and she was hooked from page one. She read the whole thing in a couple days and has already started...more
Alana
This book is one of the better reasons I have for why I talk to my pets. Jack London is certainly opinionated when it comes to society, but I have to admit that he does bring up some excellent points... albeit unpleasant at times.
Jered Moore
The storyline of this book is about a wolf dog that survives with his mom in the frontier of Yukon. White Fang goes through many challenges in his life. The main character is White fang throughout the book. He gets sold and bought because of his fierce abilities. He is the more hated wolf for killing other owned dogs. White Fang is eventually a hero for his actions. White Fang cares for his final owner because of the kindness he has towards him. This is now my favorite book out of the Great Illu...more
Ashlynn
This book is AWESOME! I have loved this book ever since 2nd grade. It is a fast and easy read for me. It is super easy to keep up with and it is a book that you will never get sick of.
Katherine
Loved it! Looking forward to reading the full version.
Charlie Foster
White fang is a great book especially if you love wolfs and the wilderness. White Fang is about a wolf who has to overcome practically every thing in his live. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves adventure and challenge around every corner.
Emma Joelle
Feb 05, 2014 Emma Joelle rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes classics or animals
Shelves: favorites
This book, focused on White Fang, a wolf/dog mix is extraordinary. Not a hard read at all, I read it in second grade for the first time. Since then I have read it two more times.
Demitria
This book is outrageously fantastic. This book is about a family wolf pack that soon goes scarce of food from where they live and have to relocate and then loses one of its family members which is called the white fang. He is half of a wolf and half of a wild type of species that lives in the wild. He soon finds his mother but he doesn’t know who she is. I reccomend this book to any age limit, if you want to find out the rest of the story go pick up your copy of The White Fang by Jack London at...more
Kaffa
This is a cancer infecting our literacy. The Great Illustrated Classics is an abridged telling of a classic with half the pages being pictures. It is insulting to the reader and the author. It's the next greatest insult to remaking books into comics. The only reason I give it two stars is that it is based on a great book. If it were it's own story I'd give it one.
Allison
I read this to Jacob and he thought it was very interesting. It might be a little old for him yet (even though this is the condensed and illustrated version), but I enjoyed reading a novel at bedtime. Jacob loves animals so of course this was right up his alley--he asked that I check out some more of the illustrated classics.
Zarakoda
It was not my favorite Jack London book, although very vividly colored according to his eloquent writing style. Still, anyone ever seen the White Fang movie? I found it terrible, completely unlike the novel. If a movie is going to be titled after the book, it might as well have the same plotline and characters.
Rachel
I technically haven't read White Fang in years, and I wonder now how many stars I would give it as a student of literature.

Still, I was addicted to this book from about fifth grade through eighth, reading it anywhere from 8-10 times throughout those three years. My copy was extremely well-worn!
Vonnegut
Although some sad, some excitement too. And what it says on the back how one man can change this wolf's one life. Well, dog wolf.
Gweneth Sahn
I read this book so long ago, but I know I would flip through the pages time to time. The first thing to hold my interest.
Brian
Liked call of the wild much better, although I'm definitely too old to really enjoy this one.
Ella
White Fang breaks his leg and gets kidnapped!! He learns how to hunt and to obey. I liked it.
Kevin

Great awesome book read in 2 days of total reading so awesome
Stacia Fagan
This was our all time favorite. Connor says it is AWESOME.
Lea
woodsy doggy meets civilization.
Nathan Sahai
I thought this book was pretty good.
Linda
Good, but not that good!
Madison Hunter
Apr 30, 2007 Madison Hunter rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: animal lovers
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!
Cws
Jar5-ICLon
Reem
Reem marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Hound of the Baskervilles (Illustrated Classic Editions) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Great Illustrated Classics) The Invisible Man (Great Illustrated Classics) The Adventures of Robinson Crusoe (Great Illustrated Classics) David Copperfield (Illustrated Classic Editions)