Start by marking “Guided Mindfulness Meditation” as Want to Read:
Guided Mindfulness Meditation

Guided Mindfulness Meditation

4.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  492 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Perhaps no other person has done more to bring mindfulness meditation into the contemporary landscape of America than Jon Kabat-Zinn. Through a number of research studies, and through Kabat-Zinn's pioneering work at the University of Massachusetts Medical School where he is founder of its world-renowned Stress Reduction Clinic, mindfulness is finally being recognized as a ...more
Audio CD, 4 pages
Published September 1st 2005 by Sounds True (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Guided Mindfulness Meditation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guided Mindfulness Meditation

Ruth
Jul 17, 2008 Ruth rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Those interested in guided meditation and yoga
These are the four audio-cds that go along with "Full Catastrophe Living." Both are by the author Jon Kabat-Zinn. The only things that some may find problematic are Kabat-Zinn's vocal/speech mannerisms (a bit of nasal twang and a tendency to breath after only a few words) but once you get used to his sound, it really becomes a non-issue. Another downside is that each CD is a 45-min. session, and not everyone has that amount of time to devote to meditation and/or yoga each day. But I'll tell you, ...more
Barb
Apr 24, 2011 Barb rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help-books
I really liked this audio since it's relaxing. I like the full body scan and it makes you feel refreshed. I wish I could find more visulazation type CD's though.
Erin
Aug 24, 2016 Erin rated it it was amazing
Enrolled in the MBSR course and was required to listen to these CDs. The CDs are a great introduction into mindfulness, especially Mindful Yoga. I personally do not find his voice to be very soothing but his methods and the lessons learned from my MBSR course are so valuable to my every day life.
Sep 09, 2015 Sarah rated it did not like it
Just... No. The breathing. His, not my relaxed breathing but listening to his while he waxed on about why meditation is a good thing. That isn't quite what helps me meditate. And his random "ommmm"s? He may be great in lecture but not so much on a meditation cd. False advertising, maybe?
Chad Kohalyk
Mar 30, 2016 Chad Kohalyk rated it liked it
Just four guided meditations. I prefer his seated stuff, but I still went through the Hatha stuff he presented, which will be good for some people.
Kristen-Marie Freeman
Jul 11, 2014 Kristen-Marie Freeman rated it really liked it
Audiobook. An effective guided relaxation publication.
Lisa
Jan 23, 2016 Lisa rated it really liked it
good program for stress reduction
James Biser
Nov 02, 2015 James Biser rated it really liked it
This is a good guided meditation.
Lisa
Sep 21, 2008 Lisa rated it it was amazing
To many people, Jon Kabat-Zinn is considered the father of mindfulness. He really has done remarkable work in the field of alternative medicine and mind-body approaches to healing. This CD walks you through a body scan and other exercises to help you live more in the present moment.
Lyla
Jul 10, 2014 Lyla added it
Shelves: owned
This is the first in a series of 3 CD sets with guided meditation sessions. This set includes two CDs with basic Hatha yoga. I used this set in between stress management classes I took at Kaiser.
Cathy
Cathy rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2016
Jorgen Nordahl
Jorgen Nordahl rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2016
cherie
cherie marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
João Sodré
João Sodré marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
D.
D. added it
Aug 21, 2016
MR P A DAVIES
MR P A DAVIES rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Lux
Lux rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2016
Dan
Dan added it
Aug 16, 2016
Bryan Borgers
Bryan Borgers marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Katherine
Katherine rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2016
Sheila Franco
Sheila Franco marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Gina Romola
Gina Romola marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Virginia
Virginia rated it it was amazing
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Marylynn
Marylynn marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Nicholas Tapper
Nicholas Tapper is currently reading it
Aug 01, 2016
Maggie
Maggie is currently reading it
Jul 31, 2016
Kendra R Turner
Kendra R Turner marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
  • Insight Meditation: A Step-by-step Course on How to Meditate
  • Meditation for Beginners
  • Meditations for Manifesting: Morning and Evening Meditations to Literally Create Your Heart's Desire
  • Meditation for Optimum Health
  • The Mindfulness Solution: Everyday Practices for Everyday Problems
  • One-Minute Mindfulness: 50 Simple Ways to Find Peace, Clarity, and New Possibilities in a Stressed-Out World
  • Essential Zen
  • The Jewel Tree of Tibet: The Enlightenment Engine of Tibetan Buddhism
  • Your Body Speaks Your Mind: Decoding the Emotional, Psychological, and Spiritual Messages That Underlie Illness
  • Insight Meditation: A Psychology of Freedom
  • Zen Heart: Simple Advice for Living with Mindfulness and Compassion
  • Walking Meditation [With CD and DVD]
  • How You Do Anything Is How You Do Everything: A Workbook
  • Mindfulness
Jon Kabat-Zinn, Ph.D., is founding Executive Director of the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. He is also the founding director of its renowned Stress Reduction Clinic and Professor of Medicine emeritus at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. He teaches mindfulness and Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) ...more
More about Jon Kabat-Zinn...