4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The first in our alphabet series, "M is for Mitten" explores the wonders of Michigan by using each letter of the alphabet-from "A is for Apple Blossom" to "Z is for (Detroit) Zoo." Get to know some of the Great Lakes State's geography, history, events, people, and accomplishments. Whether you are a Michigander or a guest, discover what makes the Great Lakes State such an e...more
Published September 15th 1999 by Sleeping Bear Press

Beth
"M is for Mitten
the shape of our land.
To see lower Michigan
just hold up your hand."

M is for Mitten is a beautiful alphabet tribute to the great state of Michigan. With poems, beautiful artwork, and background information on each page, this book is entertaining and educational. As much as I love to complain about my home state, books like this remind me why I still live here after all these years. Michiganders still have reason to be proud of our state, even with all our difficulties.

This is a gr...more
Amanda
I’ve had this book read to me so many times. It’s a total need to read for Michiganders! It gives a rhyme and then it gives you background information of that topic. It’s pretty cool book. It might be a little outdated but it’s worth the read. So read it!
Ashley
Just bought this for a gift for a friend's child who lives in Saginaw - fabluous way to introduce a home state's history to a child, the illustrations are captivating for adults and children alike!
Leah
My kids loved this book. They loved learning in detail about the different things that come from or are a part of Michigan. So many mini-lessons can come out of this book.
Theresa
history facts, information and icons of the state of Michigan
Shannon
I love this entire series, and I adore this publishing company.
Austinp
It was very factual. It got very boring.
Laurie
Entertaining for my students
Jackie Lupton
Jackie Lupton marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 21, 2013
Janelle Phinney
Janelle Phinney marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2013