Start by marking “M Is For Mitten: A Michigan Alphabet (Discover America State by State)” as Want to Read:

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  88 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The first in our alphabet series, "M is for Mitten" explores the wonders of Michigan by using each letter of the alphabet-from "A is for Apple Blossom" to "Z is for (Detroit) Zoo." Get to know some of the Great Lakes State's geography, history, events, people, and accomplishments. Whether you are a Michigander or a guest, discover what makes the Great Lakes State such an e ...more
Published September 15th 1999 by Sleeping Bear Press

To ask other readers questions about M Is For Mitten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about M Is For Mitten

Beth
"M is for Mitten
the shape of our land.
To see lower Michigan
just hold up your hand."

M is for Mitten is a beautiful alphabet tribute to the great state of Michigan. With poems, beautiful artwork, and background information on each page, this book is entertaining and educational. As much as I love to complain about my home state, books like this remind me why I still live here after all these years. Michiganders still have reason to be proud of our state, even with all our difficulties.

This is a gr
Ally Simmons
An awesome read aloud book for younger students, and a great book for older students to even use to get information about Michigan in for a research project.
Amanda
I’ve had this book read to me so many times. It’s a total need to read for Michiganders! It gives a rhyme and then it gives you background information of that topic. It’s pretty cool book. It might be a little outdated but it’s worth the read. So read it!
Ashley
Just bought this for a gift for a friend's child who lives in Saginaw - fabluous way to introduce a home state's history to a child, the illustrations are captivating for adults and children alike!
Leah
My kids loved this book. They loved learning in detail about the different things that come from or are a part of Michigan. So many mini-lessons can come out of this book.
Theresa
history facts, information and icons of the state of Michigan
Shannon
I love this entire series, and I adore this publishing company.
Austinp
It was very factual. It got very boring.
Laurie
Entertaining for my students
Kaycie
Kaycie added it
Jan 08, 2015
Aimee Fletcher
Aimee Fletcher marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Kay
Kay marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Sally
Sally added it
Nov 09, 2014
Ashlynne Wynsma
Ashlynne Wynsma marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Rick
Rick added it
Aug 07, 2014
Tara
Tara added it
Jul 11, 2014
Bushra Khan
Bushra Khan marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014