Start by marking “M Is For Mitten: A Michigan Alphabet (Discover America State by State)” as Want to Read:

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The first in our alphabet series, "M is for Mitten" explores the wonders of Michigan by using each letter of the alphabet-from "A is for Apple Blossom" to "Z is for (Detroit) Zoo." Get to know some of the Great Lakes State's geography, history, events, people, and accomplishments. Whether you are a Michigander or a guest, discover what makes the Great Lakes State such an e ...more
Published September 15th 1999 by Sleeping Bear Press

To ask other readers questions about M Is For Mitten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about M Is For Mitten

Beth
"M is for Mitten
the shape of our land.
To see lower Michigan
just hold up your hand."

M is for Mitten is a beautiful alphabet tribute to the great state of Michigan. With poems, beautiful artwork, and background information on each page, this book is entertaining and educational. As much as I love to complain about my home state, books like this remind me why I still live here after all these years. Michiganders still have reason to be proud of our state, even with all our difficulties.

This is a gr
Ashley
We have been collecting all of these A to Z state books at the library and I think this one is one of my favorites by far. The colors and pictures are bright and beautiful. I learned a few things about Michigan by reading this book as well.
Ally Simmons
An awesome read aloud book for younger students, and a great book for older students to even use to get information about Michigan in for a research project.
Amanda
I’ve had this book read to me so many times. It’s a total need to read for Michiganders! It gives a rhyme and then it gives you background information of that topic. It’s pretty cool book. It might be a little outdated but it’s worth the read. So read it!
Ashley
Just bought this for a gift for a friend's child who lives in Saginaw - fabluous way to introduce a home state's history to a child, the illustrations are captivating for adults and children alike!
Leah
My kids loved this book. They loved learning in detail about the different things that come from or are a part of Michigan. So many mini-lessons can come out of this book.
Theresa
history facts, information and icons of the state of Michigan
Shannon
I love this entire series, and I adore this publishing company.
Austinp
It was very factual. It got very boring.
Laurie
Entertaining for my students
Jill Docter
Jill Docter marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Sarah added it
May 03, 2015
Casey Loomis
Casey Loomis marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Meghan Crandall
Meghan Crandall marked it as to-read
Kassie
Kassie marked it as to-read
Taylor
Taylor added it
Courtney Olgren
Courtney Olgren marked it as to-read
Megan Lahaie
Megan Lahaie marked it as to-read
Taylor