Style Me Sexy

Style Me Sexy

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  28 reviews

She's dismayed to discover that her usual stylist isn't available, and she has no choice but to let a man do her hair. Nervousness turns into sexual awareness as...more
Kindle Edition
Published October 26th 2012 by Whispers Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Style Me Sexy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Style Me Sexy

Melissa
This book was given to my as a birthday present, same day as Tara's anniversary and this books release date. This was one of my favourite reads of the year. Its such a great story, short and sweet, and as he title imply, sexy. Bridget gets a make over and finds out that she really is sexy. It just took a special someone to help her see it. But will she get the guy? Well, you'll need to read it to find out for yourself.
Elii Vela
Dicen que no debes juzgar a un libro por su portada. Yo me dejé llevar por las apariencias y decidí embarcarme en la lectura de una novela ultracorta que más bien parece como si fuera el primer capítulo de un libro o un epílogo largo.

Bridget, la protagonista, es una mujer muy insegura, que se hace de todo para verse bonita y atraer a los chicos. Cuando su cibercita y ella acuerdan conocerse, ella va a su salón de belleza para que le echen una manita de gato, pero su estilista de siempre no puede...more
namericanwordcat
I don't really mind formulaic reads when they are done well. I don't even mind cliches. However, when I can see the plot turn coming from page two of a short story and I don't get any real depth of character or plot elements, these too common troupes and events don't work well.

The writing is promising. This book is meh. I could have handled the very obvious plot turn if we got at least chapters of actual relationship after. I am in it for the relationship and not just the first moments.

I was gi...more
Les Chroniques Aléatoires
Une petite nouvelle romantique de temps à autre pour se vider l’esprit, ça fait vraiment du bien. Style me Sexy remplit toutes les conditions pour que cela soit le cas : une romance contemporaine douce et mignonne, des personnages amusants, le point de vue des deux membres du couple, des scènes farfelues qui nous font rire et une intrigue simple mais rafraichissante.

Les deux personnages que sont Bridget et Javier sont suffisamment décrit et mis en avant pour qu’on les apprécie et qu’on s’attache...more
Chacelyn Pierce
This book was a sweet short read and it was so true on its message. Everyone is beautiful inside and out.
Mandi Kaye Ottaway
Ed Note: Spoilers ahead. It’s hard not to give things away when the story is only 21 pages long.

First of all, when you sell something as a novella – make sure it’s a novella. When I hear “novella” I expect around 100 pages. Not 20. But perhaps that’s a personal failing of mine in misunderstanding what a novella consists of.

Second, when you write something don’t fill it so full of cliches that the reader gets whiplash from watching them fly by.

The premise of this “novella” had so much promise! A...more
namericanwordcat
Style Me Sexy Review Bridget isn't beautiful. At least she doesn't think so. Besides, her ex always told her she wasn't. And she believes him. So when an online romance leads to a blind date, she heads to the salon for a makeover stat.She's dismayed to discover that her usual stylist isn't available, and she has no choice but to let a man do her hair. Nervousness turns into sexual awareness as the sexy Javier buries his fingers in her tresses.Javier has been aware of the timid but kind woman for...more
Cocktails and Books
Bridget, the shy girl that has been in an awful abusive relationship and now does not see how beautiful she really is.

Javier, the handsome hairstylist that wants nothing more than to show Bridget how wonderful she really is.

This book was short and sweet. You learn that Bridget is somewhat a shy woman that goes to work and home, has a cat that is her companion, and is involved with guys online. After making plans to meet up with her Diego, the guy she feels is ""the one"", she heads in to get a m...more
Snarky Mom
"STYLE ME SEXY" is a short novella written by Tara Chevrestt. This is 21 pages that could easily substitute as a self-affirmation guide for all women who are feeling poorly for whatever reason, as it makes you want to dash off to the hairdresser & just let them have their way with you. (Trust me - the gal that does my hair asks every single time, "Are you SURE you don't want to do something different?" Hmmm.... maybe next time....) The basic gist is that Bridget has been geeking it out onlin...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.com/bo...

Bridget is super excited. Going to her regular salon to get a special hairdo in preparation for a hot blind date, she’s walking on clouds, until she discovers her regular hair stylist has been called away on a family emergency. The sexy as sin, spunky male stylist offers to give her some highlights and a smoking hot new look, and Bridget finds she can’t say no to Javier. Javier knows Bridget has been mistreated by a previous boyfriend...more
Les Romantiques
Posted on Les Romantiques - Le forum du site
Reviewed by Rinou
Review Copy from the Publisher

When I chose this title, I knew it was a novella, but I thought it would be longer (just twenty pages or so, it’s almost enough for the novellas' contest on the website Les Romantiques). Nevertheless I don’t regret my choice because this little story is cute and fresh, sparkling like a little bubble of champagne .

The heroine, Bridget, wants to look her best for her very first blind date with a man she met...more
Sophia
Looking for something romantic on the shorter side with a light, fun feel? Then this is the book.

Bridget goes to her salon to have her hair styled for her blind date that evening and discovers her regular stylist unavailable. Cute, attractive Javier dares her to let him have his way with her and deep down she finds herself up for more than a styling. But he's not interested in a plain boring woman like her, right?
Javier is determined to make this woman realize just how beautiful she really is af...more
Jillian (NetGalley Addict)
Harlequin Enterprises Australia through Netgalley provided me with a copy of this novella for my honest review.

3 1/2 stars

Bridgets ex spent their entire time together making her feel less than worthy, while that is over her insecurities remain. She has an online romance that is ready to go real life and she wants to look beautiful so she goes to the salon for a makeover. Enter Javier, he has watched her for awhile and always thought she was beautiful. Now he has the chance to do a makeover on he...more
Lisa Markson
I received a copy of Style Me Sexy in exchange for a honest and unbiased review. This was my first book with the author and I can tell you that I will definitely be checking out her other books. This was a fantastic short story which was not short on great story telling. As a woman we all go through sometimes the feeling of unworthiness and a lack of self worth. Sometimes it takes someone on the outside of our life to show us the true beauty within. I highly recommend this book to remind you tha...more
missemmamm
Style Me Sexy is about Bridget. Like many of us, at some point, we’ve been made to feel unattractive. So instead of initially focusing on looks she has begun an online romance so that they can get to know one another without looks being a factor. When she sets up a date with him she decides to head to her usual salon for a slightly different do. The heroine was relateable and the hero was a sweetie. I dug this little novella but wanted more. (Note: I received a galley of this title from Netgalle...more
Books She Reads
This book is a novella so I already knew it would be short, I was prepared for that. I always have a love and hate relationship with novella's. Some are perfect little packages that give me just enough and others just don't quite give enough. It's a tough balancing act.

STYLE ME SEXY falls in the not quite enough category for me. The book starts out great and I was excited for where it was going to go but it became very clear, very quickly how the rest of the book was going to play out which kind...more
Monica
I normally don’t like novellas but since I have so many on my Kindle I figured this past weekend I would finally just read a bunch of them. I really wanted to like this but I just couldn’t, I just couldn’t believe the connection between the two characters. I liked the whole idea of the online romance meeting thing, but I just felt they were making Bridget into this ugly duckling person which I didn’t buy into. Without giving it away I just felt this novella was quite predictable, no real surpris...more
Wendy
This is a cute and engaging quick read. Characters that readers will swiftly relate to and become involved with on a personal level. A story line ripe with possibilities for the author to continue the adventure these characters have only just begun.

For most women it is hard to trust just anyone with the care your hair. When your trusted stylist has an emergency and you really need to look good for a first date what would you do? Take what is there or make due?

For full review go to http://wend...more
Reading in Black & White
I really, really wanted to fall in love with Style Me Sexy because I love the cover and the synopsis of this book. For one reason or another, it fell a little short of my expectations. Bridget is a woman whom we may all have been able to relate to at one point in our lives. Don’t get me wrong, Style Me Sexy is a fun, short read but it was tad too predictable for me.

DISCLAIMER: I received a complimentary copy of Style Me Sexy in exchange for an honest review.
Dorothy
Short and sweet. This means, dear reader, sweet. There is no ill-advised awkward sex in this book. No. This book is simply the story of two people and a hair appointment. Anymore said would ruin the story.

Certainly, when one reads books like these, an astute reader can tell where it's going. But that's not the point is it...the point is having a pleasant journey along the way and this author delivers in well-appointed prose.

Kindel
I really liked how the author capture the hair designers view point. We as stylists try our best to make any person that sits in our chair beautiful bringing out their best features. I loved that Diego was true to his feelings he didn't act on impulses to get another girl. Bridget is a women who is guarded and needs to bring out that inner beauty she can't see for herself. It takes someone special to get her to open up.
Dahlia DeWinters
I read this story with a smile on my face the entire way through. The author gives us such a close view into the minds of both the main characters that I found myself urging either one of them "ask him/her out, don't be afraid!!" :) It was a short read and well worth the time spent. This is a lovely "feel-good" story that was so much fun to read.
Rinou
4/5
Une petite histoire toute mignonne que j'aurais aimée un peu plus longue (comme les fameux biscuits). Et j'ai envie de découvrir l'auteur sur un format plus long (en espérant ne pas être déçue).
Avis complet
Romantic Reads and Such
If you need a quick distraction, something to give you that happy feeling, Style Me Sexy is guaranteed to be a fast pick me up that will put a smile on your face. Full review available at http://romanticreadsandsuch.wordpress...
Lorraine Nelson
This was an excellent read! Short, but sweet, and delivers a powerful message.
Haloangel Reads
I really liked it but it was to short for me. but hoping there is more to come
Crystal
A short, sweet read sure to leave a smile on your face!!
Jamie
Good, quick, fast read.
Leesa Bow
Leesa Bow marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Tara Chevrestt is a deaf woman, aviation mechanic, and dog mom. You’ll never see her without her Kindle or a book within reach. As a child, she would often take a flashlight under the covers to finish the recent Nancy Drew novel when she was supposed to be sleeping.

Tara is addicted to British TV, has a crush on Cary Grant, laughs at her own jokes, and is constantly modifying recipes and experiment...more
More about Tara Chevrestt...
Love Request HerStory: Fiction Honoring Women's History Month Maiden Behind the Mask Ride for Rights Dog Tails: Three Humorous Short Stories for Dog Lovers