Start by marking “Blood in the Sand (Sanguis Noctis, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood in the Sand (Sanguis Noctis, #2)

Blood in the Sand (Sanguis Noctis #2)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  157 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Sanguis Noctis Book Two, Sequel to Blood Howl When David, an old contact and sometimes friend, hires Jed Walker to look into a series of seemingly unrelated disappearances in Cairo, Jed jumps at the chance to show his partner, Redford Reed, more of the world he's been missing. David's boyfriend, supernatural expert and resident stuffy professor Victor Rathbone, joins them ...more
Published June 1st 2012 by Dreamspinner Press (first published May 31st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Blood in the Sand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood in the Sand

Shattered Glass by Dani AlexanderArmed & Dangerous by Abigail RouxStars & Stripes by Abigail RouxChase in Shadow by Amy LaneWho We Are by T.J. Klune
Best M/M Romance Published in 2012
264th out of 609 books — 1,432 voters
Among the Living by Jordan Castillo PriceWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyWith Caution by J.L. LangleyCamp Hell by Jordan Castillo PriceChange of Heart by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Paranormals
203rd out of 751 books — 634 voters

More lists with this book...

MandyM
4.5 stars. Excellent urban fantasy series that continues on from one of my favourite m/m novels in 2011, Blood Howl. Jed and Red have been hired by David (Jed's mysterious fellow assassin) to investigate a series of missing persons in far away Egypt. The three men, accompanied by David's friend Victor, set off together but the mission is shrouded in dangerous secrets and surprises.

There are so many things going on in this book that really ratchet up the tension. Red has changed since the attack
Chris
Very good paranormal m/m romantic suspense in which Jed and Redford are hired by Jed's friend David to travel with he and Victor to Cairo to rescue some people that David believes have been kidnapped by an old associate of his. More, please. :)
SueM

This is very good paranormal M/M romance that follows on from Blood Howl. In some series, it doesn't matter if the novels are read out of sequence, but for this one, it is definitely necessary to read them in order.

Jed and Redford are now working Jed's jobs together, with Redford taking over the planning and logistics. Redford has come a long way from what he was in the first novel, yet there is still an air of naivety about him despite all that has happened to him. After the completion
ttg
Jun 13, 2012 ttg rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m, reviews
This is a sequel to Blood Howl, and it’s recommended to read Blood Howl first. You’ll get a lot more out of the characters of Jed and Redford and understand their progression more.

I enjoyed this book a lot, but I also enjoyed Blood Howl. The one has more plot and is much longer, which is a nice change since many books in this genre rarely get over 250 pages.

I love the dynamic between Jed and Redford in both books. I’ll admit--they’re pretty "schmoopy"/internally gushy in this one. It felt like
Wolfgang
The bad thing about reading a long anticipated book immediately upon release is finishing it too soon. Now I am back to waiting for the next new book from these authors. Sigh.
I adored Blood Howl and loved spending time with Jed and Redford again. It was wonderful to watch their relationship continue to grow and I'm thinking that we will be seeing more of them in the future as we try to figure out what's going on with Redford. While I struggled a bit with the angst between David and Victor (I wa
DaisyGirl
1.5 Stars

So I didn't like this book. If I had to choose one word to describe this story and the characters in it, it would be callous. Aside from Jed and Red, there was little warmth, love, or caring. The book was chock-full of acerbic personalities that bickered constantly. Jed was obnoxious and only Red found it endearing. (I vehemently disagree.) Plus, I kept wondering why David didn't go back to Gabriel. David must kill people IN ORDER TO SURVIVE (something which Jed does FOR MONEY and witho
Cindi
(Note to self: Stop jumping on the book page on Goodreads right as you are sitting down to read the book. Don't mark it as "currently reading"... don't read other reviews or comments... just read the book.)

I only recently discovered these authors. I only discovered the first book in this series, Blood Howl, last week. So my timing on this one was perfect. I was able to literally jump from one book to the other without having to go back and refresh my memory of what happened in the first one. Con
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
4 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Warning: Scenes of blood during sex (David), extreme violence (Jed), extreme possessiveness (Redford) and extreme tea drinking (Victor).

Review: Jed and Red are hired by David to dig into the disappearances of people in Cairo. Jed jumps at the chance and now, along with Red, David and Victor, it’s time to find out the truth of what is happening in Cairo. Red is fascinated by Cairo, but Jed’s behavior is putting
Caterina Bolognesi
I've Read it!!
And I've loved it!!!
There are laughs (a lot of!) and there are tears (I've cried like a baby on chapter 15!!). There is tender love and very hot sex. There is action, there is blood, there are explosions. There are a lot of things, all that I can search in a book!
Like the previous book, I've loved Jed (expecially him!) and Red! The way that their relationship is growing in tenderness and in trust, it's moving and really realistic.
I've loved that, despite the fact that both the tw
Ami
Another book that hits the wall. I can't seem to connect with the story. I liked book #1 but I truly struggle with this one and only with determination I can actually. Though I also have to be honest that I skim A LOT after I reach half-part.

On the good side, I think Redford is still adorable. He has flair of innocence in him, which I love. Although it seems that the wolf in him is scratching to the surface, especially in trying to make Jed his. I love the story from Redford's main perspective.
Jewel69
I've loved this book!!! Jed always make me laugh and I'm definitely in love with him. Action (a lot! you can't live without a Jed's blast :-D), love, sex. I've laughed and cried (chapter 15...). Can't wait to read more about Jed&Red.
Riayl
Cayce
4 stars

Red(Fido^^) and Jed(Journey)Walker are going to Egypt in the second installment of the Sanguis Noctis series to find some missing persons. David, Jed's "friend" is the client this time, and he and his boyfriend, Victor, are accompanying our heroes to the land of sand and mystery :)

I loved Red and Jed in book #1 and it was great to meet them again. They're just so very funny and hot(!) together.
Red got used to the modern world pretty quick (he used to live in his grandmother's house alone
Plainbrownwrapper
I have really enjoyed both of these two books (Blood in the Sand, and its predecessor Blood Howl). Both of them make use of appealing characters and strong prose to grab readers and keep them hooked.

I said it in my review of Blood Howl, and I'll say it again -- I love these characters! They may start out with "typical" PNR fare -- the ex-military mercenary, the werewolf, the vampire filled with regrets -- but then the authors bring us new and exciting *people* to fill those standard roles. These
Sue
This is a good sequel to Blood Howl, which I also enjoyed.
It took a while to get moving, but once the plot kicked in, it was pretty un-putdownable. I'm definitely going to buy more in this series, if the authors care to write them.
Great world-building and good settings; lots of action once they get going and good fantasy elements. I loved Jed calling Redford Fido! They're pretty adorable as a couple.
The cover is as good as its contents. It got commendable far in the Rainbow awards cover competit
Teetee
If you’ve ever read a good book and thought, ‘oh, if only this had been longer’ then you might understand why I was initially pleased that the second book in this series was quite a bit longer than the first. I was thrilled! At first…but soon enough I realized what the extra filler was, and it-was-tedious! In the second outing by our sweet and shy were Red gets a chance to go with ‘rock out with your c*ck out’ Jed to Egypt, I just knew it would be a grand adventure! Plus the addition of the myst ...more
Clancy
Thoroughly enjoyed this book, love the Jed and Red characters and all the wisecracking and explosions. Felt rather sorry for David in this one I hope he gets to resolve his issues if there are any more stories to come. I hope there are plans in the pipeline for more books!
Jayhjay
Oh so good! I really loved both of these books! Can't wait for the third one!
MsMiz (Tina)
May 24, 2012 MsMiz (Tina) marked it as glbt-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Have no idea what this is about but that COVER - I want!!!
Pikafr
( Sorry for the English, i'm french ;) )
This serie is so lovely !!! I am so in love with the relationship between Jed an Red they're so cute, so different but oddly it's just obvious they can only be together.
I love Victor too with his old clothes and tea break and i hope we heard more about him in the third book.
My English isn't so good but it didn't stop me to read the two first book in a week! I just keep my dictionary with me ;)
And now i'll just immerse myself in the third because i'm so
Chanty
It was better than book one. Jed and Red are just fantastic together. I could read about them endlessly. Victor and David not so much. Compared to J&R they are just boring. In this book David has an assignment for Jed in Egypt. People are missing in Cairo. They all go, but David isn't exactly helping the case. At all. And we find out he is a vampire. Jed blows every building up. That part is very repetitive. The bad guy gets away, David and Victor break up and J&R have grown stronger as ...more
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
This is a hard book to review because there were a lot of things that bothered me about it and yet I loved it. As a result, I'm going to make this review more of a list of things because it's hard to keep it all coherent in my mind.

What I loved:

The action and suspense. The danger and excitement and intrigue. The mortal peril.

The characters and characterization. Every person was unique and I could picture what individual was speaking even without dialog tags or any other direction. Each had his o
Serena Yates
‘Blood in the Sand’ is one of those rare sequels that offers not only more surprises than the first book, but deepens the story to a new level in terms of the external conflict, the relationship between the main characters, and does all of it while setting up an overarching story arch connecting all the books that certainly has me curious. The layer of mystery around Redford’s werewolf heritage only deepens as he begins to experience the effects of Filtairn’s manipulations, there is more details ...more
Maya
Jun 11, 2012 Maya rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: hearts
Blood in the Sand by Robin Saxon and Alex Kidwell
Sanguis Noctis, Book 2
3.5 Stars
Reviewed for www.heartsonfirereviews.com

Jed and Redford are back and this time they are accompanied by David and Victor. We are introduced to David in Victor in the first book, Blood Howl but there was very little information given about them other than David is a contact of Jed's and Victor is his current boy toy. In this installment we find out that David is a vampire and his lover Victor is a descendant of Medus
Pete W
3.5 stars round up.

The characterizations were good I give it that much but there were quite a lot of things that just so slipshod about the MCs mission.

(view spoiler)
Beth is also on Leafmarks
Really enjoyable read but continuity issues are annoying.

Seriously, I love Journey Walker and Redford Reed. They are wonderful characters and seeing more of David was great but the lack of tight editing allowing continuity errors and wanting asides was truly frustrating.

I did enjoy spending time with the characters and will continue the series, I'm just hoping the next book is better.

K
This is the continuing adventures of mercenary Jed and his werewolf partner Redford. Their friend David hires them to travel with him (and his partner Victor) to Egypt to investigate the increasing number of disappearances that David things are connected. It was hinted in the first book that neither David or Victor were entirely human, and there is a great deal more about that in this book. Which doesn't have a happy ending for both couples.

As much as I like Jed and Redford, Jed annoys the hell
CB
This is a really entertaining series. A total of 3 books in the series now and I recommend all 3. You could read the first one only but they should be read in order after that or 2 and 3 will be hard to follow. Plus, they are all worth it.

I love that all the characters are so unique - perfectly imperfect - my favorite kind!

Jed and Red, Victor and Randall - they all have their HEA and it was quite a wild ride in the first 3 books to get them there! Now we just need a 4th book for David and the re
EmeArsh
It was very very funny at times. But I sort of think there wasn't any story. Except for acquainting us with Victor and David's background stories. So yeah, they are strong characters. A good read, over all.
Dreamspinner Press: Blood in the Sand by Robin Saxon and Alex Kidwell 1 16 Jun 01, 2012 04:34AM
  • Body Magic (Triad, #2)
  • Good Bones (Bones #1)
  • Crucible of Fate (Change of Heart, #4)
  • Infected: Life After Death (Infected, #3)
  • Spectrum Skies (Spectrum Skies, #1)
  • Ascendance (Dominion, #4)
  • Crying For The Moon
  • Bloody Love Spats (Among Wolves #2)
  • Italian Ice (Precious Gems, #2)
  • Tiglon By the Tail (Finnshifters, #2)
  • Heart's Home
  • Healer (The Institute, #1)
  • The Usual Apocalypse (The Society #2)
  • Unexpected Demands (Hidden Wolves, #2)
  • Moonlight (Pact Arcanum, #3)
  • Liquid Crimson (Neo's Realm, #1)

Sanguis Noctis (3 books)
  • Blood Howl (Sanguis Noctis, #1)
  • Bloodlines (Sanguis Noctis #3)
Blood Howl (Sanguis Noctis, #1) Bloodlines (Sanguis Noctis #3) The Royal Road By Virtue, Falling Lune de sang (Sanguis Noctis t. 1)