A Very Stylish Affair

A Very Stylish Affair

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Contents flammable!

Sydney lawyer Jason Lombard is a ten on the male Richter scale in every superficial sense. He also seems unable to even look past Sophie's hair, which is a bit. . . well . . . flamboyant at the moment. She suspects her days as his new assistant are numbered.

But when Sophie discovers the cad only hired her as a distraction for a case he's working on, Mr....more
Hardcover, Large Print, 253 pages
Published January 7th 1997 by Magna Large Print Books (first published 1993)

The Spanish Groom by Lynne GrahamBond of Hatred by Lynne GrahamGold Ring of Betrayal by Michelle ReidTrophy Husband by Lynne GrahamTempestuous Reunion by Lynne Graham
My Fave Harlequins
173rd out of 305 books — 95 voters
Separate Lives by Caroline JantzThe Dark Side of Desire by Michelle ReidIn Bed with the Boss by Susan NapierShattered Trust by Jacqueline BairdMistress of the Groom by Susan Napier
EeeJay's Favorite Harlequins
45th out of 99 books — 19 voters

More lists with this book...

Saly
Rating 3.25 stars
Slightly different book, the heroine was quite vivacious and I loved it that she had a upper hand on the hero all the time. She dyed her hair a colour that stood out for a friend and then the hero's mother emotionally blackmails the hero into giving the heroine a chance, who she met at the hairdresser's. The hero is a straight up lawyer who doesn't have any intention of giving the heroine a chance, but she bulldozes her way into a job with him albeit for a month. Things blow up...more
Colleen
I was all set to ignore the part early on where Sophie forgives and considers sleeping with Jason even after hearing that he planned on using her to give this book five stars. Unfortunately, I hated that she allowed the lies she told the warring couple in this story in order to reconcile them toward the end to be believed by Jason and therefore had to lower it to four.
It was a good read - Sophie was, for the most part, a funny and sassy woman with a quick silver tongue and hilarious wit. Her tor...more
Laurie Stoll
I generally don't write a review for what I call my "throw away" books. I enjoy reading the romance stories when I like something light to read that does not require a lot of thinking.

In most of these stories the leading woman is an insipid thing that most people don't think about or get to know well enough to learn what stregnth of character she really has. All except for the one man she falls in love with that falls for her in turn.

This story was very different. I loved the spit-fire character...more
Shallowreader VaVeros
The protagonists in this book grated on my nerves but I completed reading the book as I really enjoyed the sense of place with Lindfield/Sydney.
Carmen
Jason, a lawyer in Sydney, a very superficial man. Sophie, his new assistant discovers he'd hired her as a distraction from a case he's working on.
Laura the Highland Hussy
I swear I've read this one! I had a subscription back in the day, and I know I've read this. I can't remember what I thought of it though :/
Aisyah Roslan
Aisyah Roslan marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Priti
Priti added it
May 17, 2014
Llflower
Llflower marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Beverly Aguilar
Beverly Aguilar marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Poonam
Poonam marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Feueriosa
Feueriosa marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
Sun
Sun marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
chasey
chasey marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2013
Dina
Dina added it
Jan 31, 2014
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2013
Hellen
Hellen marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2013
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Emma Darcy's life journey has taken as many twists and turns as the characters in her stories, whose international popularity has resulted in over sixty-million book sales. Born in Australia and currently living in a beachside property on the central coast of New South Wales, she travels extensively to research settings and increase her experience of places and people.

Initially a French/English te...more
More about Emma Darcy...
The Italian's Stolen Bride Marriage Meltdown Breaking Point (Harlequin Presents, #1433) The Ramirez Bride The Billionaire's Scandalous Marriage (Harlequin Presents, #2627)