Start by marking “A Very Stylish Affair” as Want to Read:
A Very Stylish Affair

A Very Stylish Affair

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Contents flammable!

Sydney lawyer Jason Lombard is a ten on the male Richter scale in every superficial sense. He also seems unable to even look past Sophie's hair, which is a bit. . . well . . . flamboyant at the moment. She suspects her days as his new assistant are numbered.

But when Sophie discovers the cad only hired her as a distraction for a case he's working on, Mr.
Hardcover, Large Print, 253 pages
Published January 7th 1997 by Magna Large Print Books (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about A Very Stylish Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Very Stylish Affair

The Spanish Groom by Lynne GrahamBond of Hatred by Lynne GrahamGold Ring of Betrayal by Michelle ReidThe Trophy Husband by Lynne GrahamTempestuous Reunion by Lynne Graham
My Fave Harlequins
201st out of 514 books — 132 voters
Separate Lives by Caroline JantzShattered Trust by Jacqueline BairdThe Dark Side of Desire by Michelle ReidIn Bed with the Boss by Susan NapierMistress of the Groom by Susan Napier
EeeJay's Favorite Harlequins
50th out of 99 books — 27 voters

More lists with this book...

Saly
Rating 3.25 stars
Slightly different book, the heroine was quite vivacious and I loved it that she had a upper hand on the hero all the time. She dyed her hair a colour that stood out for a friend and then the hero's mother emotionally blackmails the hero into giving the heroine a chance, who she met at the hairdresser's. The hero is a straight up lawyer who doesn't have any intention of giving the heroine a chance, but she bulldozes her way into a job with him albeit for a month. Things blow up
Colleen
I was all set to ignore the part early on where Sophie forgives and considers sleeping with Jason even after hearing that he planned on using her to give this book five stars. Unfortunately, I hated that she allowed the lies she told the warring couple in this story in order to reconcile them toward the end to be believed by Jason and therefore had to lower it to four.
It was a good read - Sophie was, for the most part, a funny and sassy woman with a quick silver tongue and hilarious wit. Her tor
Laurie Stoll
I generally don't write a review for what I call my "throw away" books. I enjoy reading the romance stories when I like something light to read that does not require a lot of thinking.

In most of these stories the leading woman is an insipid thing that most people don't think about or get to know well enough to learn what stregnth of character she really has. All except for the one man she falls in love with that falls for her in turn.

This story was very different. I loved the spit-fire character
Rachel
I have read literally thousands of M&B's (I used to get paid for babysitting with boxes of them!) This is one of the few I still enjoy rereading to this day. A personal favorite.
Shallowreader VaVeros
The protagonists in this book grated on my nerves but I completed reading the book as I really enjoyed the sense of place with Lindfield/Sydney.
Carmen
Jason, a lawyer in Sydney, a very superficial man. Sophie, his new assistant discovers he'd hired her as a distraction from a case he's working on.
Laura the Highland Hussy
I swear I've read this one! I had a subscription back in the day, and I know I've read this. I can't remember what I thought of it though :/
Katie
Katie added it
Jul 26, 2015
Gouri
Gouri marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Shiroi Yami
Shiroi Yami marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Juniebgood
Juniebgood marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Dina Hicks machado
Dina Hicks machado marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Preeti
Preeti marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
M
M added it
Nov 24, 2014
Debra
Debra added it
Sep 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Emma Darcy's life journey has taken as many twists and turns as the characters in her stories, whose international popularity has resulted in over sixty-million book sales. Born in Australia and currently living in a beachside property on the central coast of New South Wales, she travels extensively to research settings and increase her experience of places and people.

Initially a French/English te
More about Emma Darcy...
The Italian's Stolen Bride Marriage Meltdown Breaking Point The Ramirez Bride (The Ramirez Brides #1) The Billionaire's Captive Bride