Start by marking “Maigret Goes to School” as Want to Read:
Maigret Goes to School

Maigret Goes to School (Maigret #44)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  138 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Paperback, 1st Harvest/HBJ ed, 184 pages
Published January 1988 by Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, Publishers (first published 1954)

To ask other readers questions about Maigret Goes to School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maigret Goes to School

Nancy
Inspector Maigret becomes more fascinating to me with each Simenon book I read. Unlike the detectives featured in other extensive series' (Poirot and Miss Marple, specificallly) he is a many-faceted man whose character is slowly unfolding for me with each book I read.

Instead of being entertained by the crime in the Simenon books, I am interested in Inspector Maigret. He evolves on the pages as a real person, not a curious caricature. This book presented him to me as a particularly unusual Chief
Marc Weidenbaum
Been meaning to read Georges Simenon for a long time. Kept stumbling on these slim volumes at the library for the simple reason that they were housed on a shelf at eye level just at the end of a stack where one would turn in order to get to the exit. Then, one day, they were gone, presumably moved elsewhere, because the whole shelf had changed its makeup. Like any good mystery, they thus needed to be sussed out.

I asked about and was essentially told I could read the novels -- of which there are
Karmakosmik
Non il miglior Maigret, ma questo "Maigret a Scuola" è un libro che cattura molto lentamente, e come la "Ballerina di Gai Moulin" lascia un grosso amaro in bocca per l'umanità descritta da Simenon. Se in "Ballerina..." veniva raccontata la vita dissoluta e senza futuro di una coppia di giovani viveur, in questo "Maigret a Scuola", Simenon distrugge l'immagine del paesino di campagna tutto sole natura e cordialità. Invidie reciproche, vite fallimentari e ragazzi cresciuti troppo in fretta sono al ...more
Mikee
Death in a small town. Everybody blames the outsider. Maigret wants oysters and goes to help figure it out. Saw the video (Granada). Quite good.
Ruth
sweet, but simple. I wouldn't try his other books.
John
Although the plot was fairly simple and perhaps a little predictable, I really enjoyed this book.

The way Simenon describes Maigret's emotions and thought processes is nothing short of genius in my opinion. The reader is right there in his head.

This story has none the crew from Paris in it at all: just Maigret talking to people. Brilliant !!
DonQuijote
Novelita policiaca. Rápida de leer, pero no engancha la intriga. Asesinato sencillo, trama sencilla (aunque no tenía ni idea de quién había sido, tampoco le presté mucha atención).

Interesante la descripción que se hace de la gente y forma de vida de un pueblo de provincias de Francia. Es esto lo que más destacaría del libro.
trovateOrtensia
Maigret è sempre Maigret.
Come ritornare a casa e trovarla calda e accogliente.
Come sdraiarsi sul divano mentre fuori piove e fa freddo.
Come accarezzare un gatto che fa le fusa.
Un piccolo, perfetto, irrinunciabile piacere.
Lorelei
The best of the Maigret books that I have read so far. Quite suspenseful, and the whole thing very likeable.
Raul
Buenísimo, la primera novela de Simenon que leo.
Babete
(Maigret e o Crime na Escola )
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
F
F added it
Nov 11, 2014
ioana.
ioana. marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Julita
Julita marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
  • Testimone inconsapevole
  • The Three Evangelists (Three Evangelists, #1)
  • The Canary Murder Case (A Philo Vance Mystery #2)
  • Kismet
  • Mapuche
  • Morte a Firenze
  • Excursion to Tindari (Inspector Montalbano, #5)
  • Mater terribilis
  • Difesa a zona
  • Cop Killer (Martin Beck #9)
  • Murder In The Central Committee (Pepe Carvalho, #5)
  • Summertime All The Cats Are Bored
  • La briscola in cinque
  • Solea
Simenon was one of the most prolific writers of the twentieth century, capable of writing 60 to 80 pages per day. His oeuvre includes nearly 200 novels, over 150 novellas, several autobiographical works, numerous articles, and scores of pulp novels written under more than two dozen pseudonyms. Altogether, about 550 million copies of his works have been printed.

He is best known, however, for his 75
More about Georges Simenon...
The Man Who Watched Trains Go By Dirty Snow The Yellow Dog Maigret and the Enigmatic Lett The Strangers in the House