Start by marking “Marco's Pride” as Want to Read:
Marco's Pride

Marco's Pride

3.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  118 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
When making love, Marco D'Angelo was sensual and passionate. But when it came to declaring his love, he was unable to open his heart. When their whirlwind marriage fell apart, Payton left him, taking their two young daughters with her. Two years later, Payton has returned to Italy the time has come for the girls to get to know their father. At first Payton is determined to ...more
Paperback
Published February 1st 2004 by Harlequin Presents

To ask other readers questions about Marco's Pride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marco's Pride

Tina
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Jenny
Aug 20, 2013 Jenny rated it it was ok
Not a good read. The writing was bad, I felt no connection to the characters at all. Maybe because they were so one dimensional. Hero was an ass who didn't deserve the lovely innocent heroine or their sweet kids. He should have stayed with his bitchy princess. They deserved each other.
Tia
May 05, 2012 Tia rated it did not like it
The hero was a creep, granted not the biggest one in harlequin history but he has to be at least in the top twenty. The hero and heroine had an affair and the heroine got pregnant. He married her. Things hit the fan and she leaves with the twin girls. She remains loyal while he whores around with another whore. It's the same story written about a thousand times. The heroine might have cancer, so he marries her again, then he finds out the heroine doesn't have cancer and he leaves her again. Then ...more
Esra
İlk çevirim diye biraz torpil geçebilirim kendisine dicem ama kitabı da sevdim şimdi ben de yalan yok :D
HÜLYA
Sep 02, 2012 HÜLYA rated it liked it
Küçük Mucizeler- Jane porter
Bu ayki Harlequin Classicsdeki romanlar içinde Jane Porte'in Küçük Mucizelerindeki erkek karaktere çok sinir oldum..Adam tam anlamı ile bir baş belasıydı.
Bu hikayede iki modacının aşkı ve aralarındaki kara çalı ise bir prenses idi..Prenses de olsa kara çalı kara çalıdır...
Marco D'Angelo ve Payton iki yıl önce fırtınalı evliliklerini bitirmişlerdi..Payton bu ayrılıktan çok acı çekmişti..Boşandıktan sonra kocası ile hiç görüşmemişti ki bu evliliklerinden olan ikiz kız ç
Jasbell76
Encontré la autora de este libro en algun blog donde descargaba novelas de Harlequin. Decían que escribía unas buenas historias de jeques. Nunca había escuchado hablar de ella así que descargué algunas de sus novelas. Como hago casi SIEMPRE, debo asegurarme de NO encontrar cosas desagradables (violación, maltrato...) hice una lectura por encima de esta novela. Debo confesarles que de lo poco que leí, me encontré con uno de los héroes mas estúpidos, patán, boludo... etc de todas las Harlequin que ...more
Marlene
Jan 07, 2013 Marlene rated it it was amazing
Peyton is raising her twin daughters in California alone. When she's diagnosed with cancer, like her mom and aunt were previously, she decides to take the girls to Italy to be with their father. Although the girls consider their father (Marco) to be a stranger, Payton knows that he is the only person that can care for them if something were to happen to her.

This book was full of love, love lost and love rekindled. The story was written wonderfully and kept you captivated from the beginning. I f
Maria
Jan 12, 2016 Maria rated it liked it
It was ok I enjoyed it but it could have been better. I didn't feel the love he felt for her because the entire time he is throwing the princess in her face like a wall. Kept me interested but needed something more.
Constanza Hernández
Lo único que le podría criticar a la historia es el final, te la pasas sufriendo todo el libro, en la espera de un dulce final, pero este termina siendo muy rápido. Y por otra parte el desenlace del argumento es un poco "flojo".
Diamond
Oct 02, 2015 Diamond rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
دموع على خذ الزمن
جين بورتر
كان مارك دانجيلو عالمها كله نجومها وسماءها جعل عالمها الضيق يتسع ... جعلها تشعر ... ونحب !
وإذا به يعود ويرمي كل هذا في وجهها ... فقد جعل عالمها ينهار محطما قلبها وأحلامها من دون أن يشعر بشيء .
... ورحلت بايتون بعد فشل زواجهما العاصف مع ابنتيها الصغيرتين ...
لم تظن قط أنه ستعود ولو بعد مليون عام ومع ذلك عادت بعد عامين إلى إيطاليا ... فقد حان الوقت لتعرف الطفلتان أباهما .
لم تكن بايتون تنوي البقاء فقد صممت على معاملة هذا الرجل المسيطر بفتور لكن كيف تتجاهل مشاعرها ؟ كيف تتص
Missy
Apr 20, 2014 Missy rated it really liked it
What sweet emotionally charged read....lots of buried passion and a charming tale.
Janine
Feb 05, 2013 Janine rated it really liked it
Shelves: jane-porter
After a failed marriage, Peyton moves back home to raise her twin daughters on her own. An illness brings her back to Italy to her ex-husband, Marco, in hopes he will take care of his daughters while she goes through cancer treatments. But, just being back with him again brings back all kinds of feelings she tried to put behind her. Marco is engaged to be married to someone else now. This book goes through a lot of emotions from Peyton and Marco as they try to figure out what they will do next. ...more
Pam
Dec 24, 2014 Pam rated it it was ok
Have to agree the hero really is icky. Barely a two IMHO.
Tizah
Feb 01, 2014 Tizah rated it it was amazing
I really loved this !!!!!
Cathy
At first, judging by the "Hero" Marco's actions, I thought this book was written in the late eighties, which requires some forgiveness and suspension of blood pressure to get through. But then ole Marco pulls out his cell phone and I'm like, "ummm... huh?"

All I can say is that up until the end, I intended to give this about 3 stars. Then the asshat pulled a stunner and we descended into book-throwing-across-the-room stage.

If I could go negative, I'd be there.
Kimberly
Jan 20, 2013 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
I couldn't out this book down. I thought I would just read a chapter or two before bed, boy was I wrong. I had to know what happened to Marco, Payton and their children. I loved that Payton was so strong in spite of all that she was feeling and going through. Porter did an excellent job of making feel all the emotions the characters were feeling. I found myself even tearing up at certain points. I loved this book!
Debbie
Jan 08, 2013 Debbie rated it really liked it
I'm always looking for a good reunion romance. And I wasn't disappointed with Marco and Payton's story. At the beginning, I was wondering what kept them apart and then I was wondering what was going to bring them back together. I think I'll be reading this one more than once.
Lynn Raye Harris
Dec 30, 2010 Lynn Raye Harris rated it it was amazing
Damn you, Jane Porter! You kept me up waaaaay past my bedtime. I could not put this story down! Fabulous book, fabulous characters. Heartbreaking and uplifting all at once. I really, really loved this book.
Jasbell76
I scanned this book and the little I read about the story I could realize what an assh*** this hero was! One of the worst heros I ever read, I hated him! Poor heroine :(
Tulia Lash
Jun 09, 2015 Tulia Lash rated it really liked it
It was an Ok read, it drag a bit half the way there but over all it was good!!
Xandri
Nov 10, 2012 Xandri rated it did not like it
"She might not be perfect but he liked her" Yuck, sad book,dreary hero.
Saly
Aug 08, 2011 Saly marked it as to-avoid
I thought I had read this but I guess not, I am glad.
Reagan
Reagan marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Kimngan Tran
Kimngan Tran rated it did not like it
Mar 29, 2016
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Dina Hicks machado
Dina Hicks machado marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Engy Turky
Engy Turky rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2016
Rachel
Rachel added it
Feb 25, 2016
Shanelle
Shanelle rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Mistress Wife
  • Return of the Moralis Wife
  • Forbidden or For Bedding?
  • Di Cesare's Pregnant Mistress (Harlequin Presents, #2727)
  • Marriage Meltdown
  • A Night of Living Dangerously
  • Saved from Sin
  • Innocent Wife, Baby of Shame
  • Wife By Contract, Mistress By Demand
  • The Sheikh's Rebellious Mistress (Sheikh Tycoons, #3)
  • Blackmailed Into the Italian's Bed
  • The Italian Boss's Mistress Of Revenge
  • The Marriage Deal
  • Reason to Believe
  • Shameful Secret, Shotgun Wedding
  • Count on Me (Bayview Heights #3)
  • Master of Pleasure
Born in Visalia, California, I'm a small town girl at heart. I love central California's golden foothills, oak trees, and the miles of farmland. In my mind, there's nothing sweeter in the world than the heady fragrance of orange blossoms on a sultry summer night.

As a little girl I spent hours on my bed, staring out the window, dreaming of far off places, fearless knights, and happy-ever-after endi
More about Jane Porter...