Start by marking “The Last Princess” as Want to Read:
The Last Princess

The Last Princess

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  153 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Lily had beauty, fortune and a wealthy fiance. Yet on the night of her wedding she threw it all away...for the love of another man.
Harry Kohle was everything her parents despised- with nothing to offer but a driving ambition to write. And his undivided passion-at least for a while...
From the high society of New York's Upper East Side to the corrupting glamour of Hollywood
Paperback
Published May 1st 1991 by Jove (first published January 1st 1960)

To ask other readers questions about The Last Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Princess

Andreasoldier
Rich Gentile falls in love with well-to-do Jew who wants to be a writer. Families disapprove; they marry anyway and are both disinherited.
Lily and Harry go through lots of rough spots and hardships in the first part, til Harry is successful, which is when the couple's troubles really begin.
Lily is bored and becomes obsessed with their kids when Harry is writing, Harry ignores her and the kids when working.
Neither seems very likable, although both are presented sympathetically, and their troubles
Angie
This is a romance that was recommended to me by my mother from her neighbor. It was one of that neighbors favorite books. Mom read it and liked it so it was duly passed to me. I started it and wanted to keep reading and not do anything else. But, as the story progressed I got frustrated. When it ended I kinda felt cheated, like why did I read this?! The male character to me was unlikable, and I thought all the characters had their flaws that made them not as likable to the reader. I gave it 3 st ...more
Andrea Stoeckel
A satisfying historical romance of the Depression, through the founding of Modern Israel and the glorious time for people with money that often can't buy you love. The stars aren't posting, but I give it 4*
Jessiaca Evans
There was nothing remarkable about this book. Although Harry was a successful liar, the ending left a lot to be desired. It was just to read, nothing special
Aurora Lee
Worse book ever!!!! Do not be deceived by the most amazing title ever.
Carobe
Som en prinsessa.
Bernadette Stasiuk
Excellent read, couldn't put down. Family saga.
Jasmine
This novel is a very different kind of one. It has shown the realities of a not so happy marriage. I'm not going to elaborate more on this one cause it's definitely going to be spoiler. All I can say that the only part that I did like in the story was the first part and the last part. The last part was really a surprise for I was not really expecting that kind of ending. But All in all it was a good read but worth repeating.
Nicole
couldn't finish it. I gave it a good effort, kept pushing myself through thinking it HAD to get better. But it just got worse and worse. So I finally quit, have better things to do with my time that read bad books.

The couple gave up everything in order to get married then page after page just keep screwing that up, too. And are screwing up their kids, too.
Tnye
this book was ok but just to much detail on this that i think had no point
Cindy
This has to be my favorite books ever! I re-read it at least once every year.
Miriam Fux
Miriam Fux marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Estefania
Estefania marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Carla
Carla added it
Jan 19, 2015
Vilde
Vilde marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Debbie
Debbie is currently reading it
Dec 26, 2014
Alicia
Alicia added it
Dec 22, 2014
Ahmad Ghaheri
Ahmad Ghaheri marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Mala Teeluck
Mala Teeluck marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Stacy Zimmerman
Stacy Zimmerman marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Janae Towne
Janae Towne marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Luis Arredondo
Luis Arredondo marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Easy
  • Engaging Men
  • Knight of Fire (Fire, #2)
  • Single White E-Mail
  • Does She or Doesn't She?
  • Vixen (V, #3)
  • Handyman
  • The Best Man
  • Rise of Souls (Prophecy of the Sisters Novella #3)
  • Till Dawn Tames the Night
  • How to Trap a Tycoon
  • The Celestial Bed
  • Baggage
190010
Beatrice Cynthia Freeman(January 10, 1915 - October 22, 1988), pseudonym of Bea Feinberg,[1]was anAmericannovelist. She was born inNew York City, where, as a young girl, she began writing books but abandoned writing to pursue a career running aninterior decorationbusiness. When poor health forced her to give up her business, she decided to dust off an old manuscript from childhood but discovered t ...more
More about Cynthia Freeman...
Portraits A World Full of Strangers No Time for Tears Come Pour the Wine Always and Forever