Start by marking “One Naked Baby” as Want to Read:
One Naked Baby

One Naked Baby

Maggie Smith's rhythmic, occasionally rhyming text brings us through a busy day with baby. We count up from one to ten as baby gets out of the bath, gets dressed, has a meal, and heads outside with mom to play. Then we count down again from ten to one as baby notices flowers and birds, splashes in puddles, plays with puppies, and gets dirty enough . . . to need another bat ...more
Published February 13th 2007 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about One Naked Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Naked Baby

Alesha
Mar 17, 2015 Alesha rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
This is a cute counting book that follows a baby throughout his daily activities from bathtime to bathtime. Readers count from one to ten and then backward from ten back to one. The illustrations are cute, but busy. I kept getting distracted by all the items in the background, especially inside the house. Toys, pets, clothing, shoes, mail, books, etc. were everywhere! Author and illustrator Maggie Smith really made an effort to make this home looked lived in.

Coupled with the busy wallpaper desig
Michelle McBeth
Apr 24, 2015 Michelle McBeth rated it really liked it
"One naked baby, two fat cats, three laundry baskets..." This story counts up to ten with things baby sees around the house and then counts back down again with things that are outside until baby lands up back in the bath.

The illustrations were made in watercolor. They are colorful and vibrant and give a sense of fun. However, the pictures are quite busy for the toddler age reader making it difficult to find and count the items that the words portray.

One of the things I loved about this book is
Emily
May 28, 2008 Emily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: counting
Summary (CIP): Illustrations and simple rhymes go from one to ten and back again over the course of a baby's day.

Review: Naked babies are hilarious. They just love being naked so much. Well this naked baby is cute, hilarious, and even educational. This book counts up to ten and back again in a series of adventures with naked baby bookends. Someo f the items for counting are quite small and may be hard for the intended audience to identify.

Positive review in SLJ,a "charming counting book". Horn
Jenn C
I just shared Maggie Smith's One Naked Baby with my babies and ones classes and while at times I felt like I was reading the story to myself (as sometimes happens, especially with wiggly babies and rambunctious ones), it was a cute counting book perfect for the age range. However, I did only read half the book (we counted up to 10) and stopped before we counted down again.
Karen
Mar 03, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it
My five-year-old son checked this book out from the library last week. Then he tried to check out another copy today.

This book is a little young for a five-year-old, but he still had fun identifying the numbers, counting the objects and reading the words for the numbers.

The illustrations are nakedly adorable.
Susan
Sep 02, 2008 Susan rated it really liked it
A cute choice for a younger tots storytime with a counting theme - especially nice as it's counting up to ten and then back again through a baby's day - just the right pacing for a storytime read with room for queries "How many ducks on his hat?" and so on. It's not always easy to find good books for this age that read well in a group setting, this one fits the bill.
Kelly
Oct 06, 2008 Kelly rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-read
A cute counting book, Torben loves the pictures and points out all the objects he can identify on the pages.
Paula
Jul 09, 2011 Paula rated it really liked it
Great for the young ones
Katie Fitzgerald
Read at baby/toddler story time on 11/29/11: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...
Cheryl
Feb 04, 2011 Cheryl rated it really liked it
How many babies love to get naked? My grand-niece is one. Fun story. Great illustrations by Maggie Smith.
Meredith
Meredith rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2013
Anne
Anne rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2016
Molly
Molly rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2009
§ Tesla
§ Tesla rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2015
Kristina
Kristina rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2015
Tim Nelles
Tim Nelles rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Finley
Finley rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2010
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2015
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2011
Darren L.
Darren L. rated it did not like it
Sep 27, 2007
Michelle Gray
Michelle Gray rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2012
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2015
Madison &
Madison & rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2015
Lain
Oct 13, 2008 Lain rated it liked it
Shelves: for-the-kids
Cute photos, cute story. Perfect for toddlers.
K
K rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2009
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2013
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2011
Courtney
Courtney rated it it was ok
Dec 30, 2012
Pinky
Pinky rated it liked it
May 03, 2013
Kerri Hall
Kerri Hall rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2012