Start by marking “One Naked Baby” as Want to Read:
One Naked Baby

One Naked Baby

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Maggie Smith's rhythmic, occasionally rhyming text brings us through a busy day with baby. We count up from one to ten as baby gets out of the bath, gets dressed, has a meal, and heads outside with mom to play. Then we count down again from ten to one as baby notices flowers and birds, splashes in puddles, plays with puppies, and gets dirty enough . . . to need another bat ...more
Published February 13th 2007 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about One Naked Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Naked Baby

Alesha
Mar 17, 2015 Alesha rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
This is a cute counting book that follows a baby throughout his daily activities from bathtime to bathtime. Readers count from one to ten and then backward from ten back to one. The illustrations are cute, but busy. I kept getting distracted by all the items in the background, especially inside the house. Toys, pets, clothing, shoes, mail, books, etc. were everywhere! Author and illustrator Maggie Smith really made an effort to make this home looked lived in.

Coupled with the busy wallpaper desig
Michelle McBeth
"One naked baby, two fat cats, three laundry baskets..." This story counts up to ten with things baby sees around the house and then counts back down again with things that are outside until baby lands up back in the bath.

The illustrations were made in watercolor. They are colorful and vibrant and give a sense of fun. However, the pictures are quite busy for the toddler age reader making it difficult to find and count the items that the words portray.

One of the things I loved about this book is
Jenn C
I just shared Maggie Smith's One Naked Baby with my babies and ones classes and while at times I felt like I was reading the story to myself (as sometimes happens, especially with wiggly babies and rambunctious ones), it was a cute counting book perfect for the age range. However, I did only read half the book (we counted up to 10) and stopped before we counted down again.
Karen
My five-year-old son checked this book out from the library last week. Then he tried to check out another copy today.

This book is a little young for a five-year-old, but he still had fun identifying the numbers, counting the objects and reading the words for the numbers.

The illustrations are nakedly adorable.
Katie Casey
Follows the adventures of one baby who has a fun, and muddy day, counting from 1-10.
Emily
Summary (CIP): Illustrations and simple rhymes go from one to ten and back again over the course of a baby's day.

Review: Naked babies are hilarious. They just love being naked so much. Well this naked baby is cute, hilarious, and even educational. This book counts up to ten and back again in a series of adventures with naked baby bookends. Someo f the items for counting are quite small and may be hard for the intended audience to identify.

Positive review in SLJ,a "charming counting book". Horn
Susan
A cute choice for a younger tots storytime with a counting theme - especially nice as it's counting up to ten and then back again through a baby's day - just the right pacing for a storytime read with room for queries "How many ducks on his hat?" and so on. It's not always easy to find good books for this age that read well in a group setting, this one fits the bill.
Paula
Great for the young ones
Cheryl
How many babies love to get naked? My grand-niece is one. Fun story. Great illustrations by Maggie Smith.
Kelly
A cute counting book, Torben loves the pictures and points out all the objects he can identify on the pages.
Tricia
unique toddler level book which counts up and then back down. great pictures. adorable baby.
Trish
Nov 25, 2012 Trish rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: je, 2012
I like this book. It is a fun read for little kids. There are lots of things to count in this book.
Sarah Kramer
Sep 19, 2007 Sarah Kramer rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: babies
Shelves: storytime-books
A little long for the intended audience, but the parents get a kick out of it.
Kristie
Colorful text stresses both numbers and how they are written.
Aspasia
Babies and kids learn to count to ten and back down again.
Lain
Cute photos, cute story. Perfect for toddlers.
Angela
Fun counting book with cute pictures.
Lynley Zhang
Lynley Zhang marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Lily
Lily added it
Feb 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Pigs in Pajamas My Blue Bunny, Bubbit Desser the Best Ever Cat There's A Witch Under The Stairs Counting Our Way To Maine