Start by marking “To Your Health: Humanity's Diagnosis” as Want to Read:
To Your Health: Humanity's Diagnosis

To Your Health: Humanity's Diagnosis

4.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  22 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
To Your Health: Humanity's Diagnosis is a youth's perspective on his fellow man. The collection focuses on Us, our species, and what sets us aside from other creatures.

The mission of this collection is to promote poetry that catches the youth's attention. Jeremiah Walton, the author, was fed up with his peer's negative stereotyping of poetry. He started Nostrovia! Poetry,
ebook, Third Edition, 11 pages
Published by Nostrovia! Poetry (first published November 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about To Your Health, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Your Health

A~lotus
Jul 18, 2012 A~lotus rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Poetry lovers
Recommended to A~lotus by: No one
Clarissa Simmens
Dec 23, 2012 Clarissa Simmens rated it it was amazing
Generation Y? Generation Z? Millennials? Not sure what the current label is, but here is one voice of the most recent generation coming of age and wow! (says this Baby Boomer) What a wonderful voice! Savor it, re-read it, and perhaps you will fall back on these powerful words someday, when life demands an answer to the chaos and confusion some of us attempt to navigate...
Mike Kalmbach
Jun 04, 2012 Mike Kalmbach rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
Walton's poems are densely packed with tension and insight, as poetry should be. Be prepared to invest some time to capture the meaning.

My favorite poem was chapter 5. Short, sweet, and with a ton of impact.

Walton is definitely an author to watch. I'll look forward to seeing his next work!
Damien Green
Oct 02, 2012 Damien Green rated it really liked it
To Your Health: Humanity's Diagnosis is like a fist of poems from Jeremiah Walton. The book is abuzz with words that the author uses like bullets and most of the time they hit their target. There's the fury of youth in these writings and I look forward to what comes next. Poetry doesn't have to be dull and Walton proves it with his book.
Quoc
Dec 11, 2012 Quoc rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
A collection of poems about interaction between people, their surroundings and themselves. This body of work provokes striking imagery, delicate issues being tampered with and captivating use of stance. Walton's "To Your Health: Humanity's Diagnosis" is visionary.
M.K.
Nov 08, 2012 M.K. rated it really liked it
I very much enjoyed it. It has a great sensibility, intriguing imagery and a disturbingly valid pre-apocalyptic view of the world. Good work!
Matt
Jan 19, 2013 Matt rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
This is a short, short collection of poetry built around the theme the book's title suggests. Walton has a way with words, to be sure; weaving elegant images out of mundane and macabre ones. However, despite the poetic talent that the poetry demonstrates, the dimensions of that poetry seem somewhat less informed. For instance, the opening bid is a poem that recreates the idea of the big bang, but most of its imagery is generic astral bodies and religion; a little scientifically informed phrasing ...more
Dave Higgins
Apr 12, 2013 Dave Higgins rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, poetry
As with LSDGiggles this collection of Jeremiah Walton’s poetry takes a balanced attitude toward its topic: in this case the state of humanity’s social/spiritual/mental development.

The collection contains 10 poems – 11 if you also include the simple message of The Dedication – each of which seeks to portray a variant stance on a facet of human society: from the bitter commentary on our preference for sleaze over journalism in Attention Span to the satire of enforced performance of even the most c
Peter Jelen
Mar 02, 2013 Peter Jelen rated it it was amazing
Jeremiah Walton writes with the all too lucid vision of an acid trip. Nebulous yet somehow totally clear. The flow of his poems are like the psychedelic chants of an urban shaman, chock-full of substance and relevance, peppered with wisdom. To Your Health: Humanity’s Diagnosis contains far too many unfortunate truths about humankind and our place in the modern world.
Hillary Davidson
Jun 27, 2012 Hillary Davidson rated it really liked it
Shelves: off-beat
I'm a huge fan of poetry, and this book was quite refreshing. This youth certainly will attain a status of influence in the poetic community one day.
Kylie Pidgon
Aug 02, 2012 Kylie Pidgon rated it it was amazing
This is the first book on Goodreads that actually made me want to write a review! Great work, hope to see more from this author!
Jia yousuf
Sep 02, 2013 Jia yousuf rated it liked it
its really nice:) Poetry is really powerful and it is proven by this book.
George Wallis
May 24, 2012 George Wallis rated it really liked it
Well written, worth reading.
Tracy E.
Tracy E. marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2015
Estrogeniuss
Estrogeniuss marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Hwewef Wfwee
Hwewef Wfwee marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Richard Walton
Richard Walton marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Mike Algera
Mike Algera marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Chris Jensen
Chris Jensen marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2013
Nic Treadwell
Nic Treadwell marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2013
David
David added it
Jun 01, 2013
Mike Jewett
Mike Jewett marked it as to-read
May 22, 2013
Nostrovia! Poetry
Nostrovia! Poetry rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2013
Tiffany Mattingly
Tiffany Mattingly marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2013
Lise
Lise added it
Jan 24, 2013
Nocte
Nocte marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2013
Cam  Roberts
Cam Roberts rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2013
Mehwish naqvi
Mehwish naqvi rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2012
A must read! 1 7 May 21, 2012 10:05PM
I'm Jeremiah Walton. I'm 20, from N.H., and run traveling pop-up bookstore Books & Shovels. I founded Nostrovia! Poetry in 2011, and co-manage it while on the road, performing at open mics / slams / festivals / & street corners across the country.
More about Jeremiah Walton...